Circuit Racing At Baskerville This Sunday

thirty two

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was a pretty good event , feel sorry for the guy who owned the torana that rolled (the owner wasn't racing it) the driver was lucky to come out un-scathed . i had a pretty average race meet , qual 3rd 1st race 3rd , 2nd race i got hung out then tapped off the track by my team mate :domokun: , then the next race i popped the hg (i'm guessing) between two cylenders effectively making the engine a 4cyl starfire out of early commodore and that spelled the end of the day for me , atleast i got to go watch all the racing properly for once :)

yep Nunns Qualifying time was off chops. its a full second off his PB. people usualy say when your pushing that deep in times you only get gains of thenths of seconds.

but then for brad and burns to come out and smash that. Wow. i think that maybe the egos were dented beeing smashed by a car worth a fith of there cars.

Brads car does sound like sex with the sequentual box.

did anyone notice Petes wing. i heard there was a fair amount of testing done on it saturday.

LOL what's with the last sentence? Are you trying to pretend you weren't there Saturday or something?

Budgets are all relative who really cares. If you're winning it doesn't matter if your budgets 10k or 100k. Knowledge is money anyway.

Was good to follow him around on Saturday. Will be fun to hopefully join them in a few months.

LOL what's with the last sentence? Are you trying to pretend you weren't there Saturday or something?

Budgets are all relative who really cares. If you're winning it doesn't matter if your budgets 10k or 100k. Knowledge is money anyway.

Was good to follow him around on Saturday. Will be fun to hopefully join them in a few months.

just personal jokes really. im not up for blowing my own trumpet especially when i didnt have any imediate input. some of the other blokes were doing the key bits.

the budget aspect is fairly debatable. good drivers are rarer than deep pockets in my experiance. this is why i profer to drift, plenty of examples of the underdog winning in a budget car over the team and the $$$$. i dont have the tallent or money to go fast at a track but theres a slight chance oneday ill pull off a good skid.

some people are happy to share knowlage without $$$ changing hands.

And maybe people are actualy keen to see you race. Im not sure if it was ment to be a secret or not but most people i know have been wondering which round you will start at. the more the merrier.

just personal jokes really. im not up for blowing my own trumpet especially when i didnt have any imediate input. some of the other blokes were doing the key bits.

the budget aspect is fairly debatable. good drivers are rarer than deep pockets in my experiance. this is why i profer to drift, plenty of examples of the underdog winning in a budget car over the team and the $$$$. i dont have the tallent or money to go fast at a track but theres a slight chance oneday ill pull off a good skid.

some people are happy to share knowlage without $$$ changing hands.

And maybe people are actualy keen to see you race. Im not sure if it was ment to be a secret or not but most people i know have been wondering which round you will start at. the more the merrier.

Righto, was nearly as bad as one of my media releases back in the day in 3rd person LOL!

100% agree about good drivers being rare. I was just referring to a lot of people don't really know how to build/setup a car anywhere near as good as others (Pete seems to be a good example of that being a suspension guru).

I'm just keen to get some more laps in, need at least a full day of seat time before investing the money to do a TSS round. Was hoping to already be racing, but have had to spend 5k on the house recently. If someones keen to give me 3k I'll enter the next meeting :cheers:

Righto, was nearly as bad as one of my media releases back in the day in 3rd person LOL!

100% agree about good drivers being rare. I was just referring to a lot of people don't really know how to build/setup a car anywhere near as good as others (Pete seems to be a good example of that being a suspension guru).

I'm just keen to get some more laps in, need at least a full day of seat time before investing the money to do a TSS round. Was hoping to already be racing, but have had to spend 5k on the house recently. If someones keen to give me 3k I'll enter the next meeting :cheers:

Yep, they were bad but you dont get anywhere in life without putting yourself out.

you should run at the up coming SAU day. or a clubday. heaps cheaper and plenty of setup time.

Apparently testing to run in the TSS round the following day so I was asked about 50 times haha!

Nah was just bedding in my new brakes.

aha , i thought you were gunna be part of the drift demo's until i heard your car out doing laps :thumbsup: , why 3k to enter? (just curious is all)

If you already have a log booked car and the necessary safety gear then it's not actually that expensive to run the TSS. You normally do about 40 laps for the day which is about what most people do if they go to the track for a day anyway. So fuel, tyres and brake pads work out the same. The entry fee is a bit over $100 more than the track fee for a practice day and the annual license fee for a clubman circuit license is about $260 from memory. Until I tried to make my car quicker to run targa A I was doing it for less than $1K a round.

aha , i thought you were gunna be part of the drift demo's until i heard your car out doing laps :thumbsup: , why 3k to enter? (just curious is all)

Tyres, alignment, maintenance, new wastegate, modify exhaust manifold, new dump and front, heat wrap, thermo for oil cooler...... 3k probably wouldn't even cover it tyres alone are over $1500.

yep Nunns Qualifying time was off chops. its a full second off his PB. people usualy say when your pushing that deep in times you only get gains of thenths of seconds.

but then for brad and burns to come out and smash that. Wow. i think that maybe the egos were dented beeing smashed by a car worth a fith of there cars.

Brads car does sound like sex with the sequentual box.

did anyone notice Petes wing. i heard there was a fair amount of testing done on it saturday.

I dont get on here often but its interesting to see and here different opinions, I had a little drive of wooleys r33 on saturday and its an awsome thing, the engine feels like a rolls, royce merlin and lee is a really nice guy to boot.. There is no doubt that nunny is one talented guy and i certainly wish i had the talent he has in his little toe, The only bit that perplexes me is Damo your in and out of my shop every week and i dont remember ever hiding or covering anything up, my car sits on the hoist nearly every day for anyone to strowl under. Cheers Brad

How does one go about obtaining a PCC licence?

And what's all this CAMS log booking about?

Forgot to reply to this sorry, give Dennis Burgess at the CAMS office a call and he'll tell you everything you need to know.

For the license you have to apply and then sit an online test. For the logbook you need to get the car inspected by one of the approved scruitineers.

It's a bit more involved than that so it's best to give Dennis a call and he'll tell you exactly what you need to do.

Forgot to reply to this sorry, give Dennis Burgess at the CAMS office a call and he'll tell you everything you need to know.

For the license you have to apply and then sit an online test. For the logbook you need to get the car inspected by one of the approved scruitineers.

It's a bit more involved than that so it's best to give Dennis a call and he'll tell you exactly what you need to do.

Thanks for the info mate :)

After seeing all those guys out there on Sunday I was thinking I need to be out there too!

After seeing all those guys out there on Sunday I was thinking I need to be out there too!

Ditto on that, it's a pity about the lack of driver skill, experience and money on my part, otherwise I'd be out there as soon as bloody possible :D

funnily enough Brad has actualy developed his suspension geometry further than most. but unfortunaly unless you want to pay for the info he keeps to himself. a lot of hours of r&d have been done.

I dont get on here often but its interesting to see and here different opinions, I had a little drive of wooleys r33 on saturday and its an awsome thing, the engine feels like a rolls, royce merlin and lee is a really nice guy to boot.. There is no doubt that nunny is one talented guy and i certainly wish i had the talent he has in his little toe, The only bit that perplexes me is Damo your in and out of my shop every week and i dont remember ever hiding or covering anything up, my car sits on the hoist nearly every day for anyone to strowl under. Cheers Brad

Quite possibly a poor choice of words, But the Point is i feel its not my place to tell everyone what you have done in detail, rather put it out there that you have put the time and money into developing it.

Ditto on that, it's a pity about the lack of driver skill, experience and money on my part, otherwise I'd be out there as soon as bloody possible :D

Yeah more money does need to be spent. Looking at the times that the Targa C guys were getting, well the guys at the back of the pack, I was getting those times in the WRX so hopefully I could give them a run for their money in the Skyline :D

Quite possibly a poor choice of words, But the Point is i feel its not my place to tell everyone what you have done in detail, rather put it out there that you have put the time and money into developing it.

What ever he's doing it must be working, I thought his car was a GTR when I first saw it, I couldn't believe a RWD car could get away from the corners and off the line that fast! Love the anti-Lag launch too! it's awesome.