SAU Community

Hey Old Guys

In draw through you can run what ever you want. Just need to size it correctly and play with the jets.

The limitation will be what carb you can get cheap and what adapters you can find/bodge together for cheap.

A single side draught weber will work, ditto dellortos or any other side draught type carb.

I think the old Werritt special sigma turbos ran a single 1.5SU. Those kits pop up occasionally for cheap.

I've seen holleys used but it's ugly as the carb is designed to sit flat so you need this 90 degree bend/adapter thing. Plus the holley premium...

I reckon it'd be cheaper trying to find an old analogue microtech fuel only comp (ah the memories) and run the original injectors.

Emanage blue running 2 1000cc injectors? Cheap as chips. :)

This ..

probably wouldnt cost much more than a webber would anyway

This,

wouldnt work, as i'd need a factory ECU to run the Emanage off

Lol yeah Matty, toying with some ideas

Had a quick flick through, but has anyone suggested "boxing" the carby?

For terms of simplicity and dirt cheap cost, you could run a smallish single injector that comes on with boost, rigged up to the distributor for switching/duration to match the engine speed, but obviously will require a high pressure pump and some electronics....

Not room to box the carb, and doing that still never works quite right, because the Carb then has no laminar airflow running through the ventruies, as its basically just stagnant air.

Also doesnt solve the issue of the boost pressure forcing fuel back through the metering blocks and into the bowls.