SAU Community

Hoon Laws

R TUNE

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got pulled over today in my GTR... driving at 70kph in an 80 zone heading towards Yarra Glen. I saw the cop coming head on, watched him drive past and go a km or 2 down the road behind me. Cool I think, he's not going to pick on me.

I went over the hill into Yarra Glen, only to look in my mirror and see the cop car with lights on.... waiting for me to pull over.

WTF? What did I do wrong?? Here we go I think... my import is off the road now... How the hell did he get behind me in such a short time?? He must have covered 4-odd kays in next to no time.

I jump out of the car and the cop stops for a few seconds... realises I'm not a young person (I'm over 40). Not sure what to do next, he asks for my license. Seems surprised that I live in the area... He makes some crappy excuse that the thought my rego sticker was a p-plate.

Drives off... leaves me wondering what just happened... I don't know what to make of it.... except that I'm certain that they targetted me just because I drive an import.

Makes me think maybe I should start looking at something more 'common' looking .... maybe an RS4/6??

Why? Most import owners would dream of that scenario when they get pulled over!

Goes to show that some cops are out to pick on the younger import owners...sigh.

It just gives an extra element to the authority...the whole, young people being told off by elders. When it's an old person, the cop probably feels like they'd be picking on "one of their own" / someone who isn't likely to challenge authority. Hence you'll hear a lot of stories of older import drivers being told to "have a good night" without the yellow sticker.

Sold my r33 because of these random checks (import targeting by cops).

And more recently sold my s15 for the same reason.

I was treated like a 27 year old hoon, yet i have 10 points. Go figure.

When i asked why i was pulled over for the 9th time, copper replied with "look at the car you drive".

Sad but thats reality.

Reason why i hate cops now.

When i asked why i was pulled over for the 9th time, copper replied with "look at the car you drive".

Sad but thats reality.

Reason why i hate cops now.

Don't hate the cops. Hate the idiots who give us a bad name - there is a reason we're targetted.

Don't hate the cops. Hate the idiots who give us a bad name - there is a reason we're targetted.

pretty much this.

though i was never pulled up in my old 32(turbo and red Ps lol) although did have a cop approach me at maccas.

got more attention in the VT commo

i blame the cops.. simply because i've had the same bs as adis for like 7 years just over it. Been "pulled" over while parked minding my own business.

went to use a public toilet come out with a cop car waiting next to my car thats parked turned off doing nothing.. they can go get fkd ill never think the same about cops again

It's not about revenue "it's all about the stats" how many fines, how many briefs, how many epa, how many NOU etc etc.

Who sets these stats/goals?

Who sets these stats/goals?

Politicians, the more notices handed out, the better it looks like they are solving the problems on our roads which in reality isn't the case.

I saw a V8 ute drag an R1 bike off the lights around 11am on princess hwy in Oakleigh on Saturday, i'm surprised how people just do that knowing there could be a cop anywhere and risk impound. crazy stuff. V8 sounded tuff though :laugh:

Anyone bothered to tally the total cost of a 1 month impoundment for the average joe? ie.

You could factor in (due to the car not being driven):

-Loan repayment costs

-Insurance costs

-Time-based service items (brake fluid change etc.)

-Loss of income (ie if the driver does deliveries or something)

And the obvious of:

-Towing

-Storage

-Fines

-Loss of income due to loss of licence

-Court fees etc. etc.

How would this total compare to other crimes and the cost invoked via conviction when proven guilty? Oh wait my bad you don't HAVE to be proven guilty to be convicted for hooning, silly me. blush.gif

Has ANYONE at the top sat down and looked at the monster they've created to "stop" "hoons" while other much more intentional crimes continue with lenient penalties?

i blame the cops.. simply because i've had the same bs as adis for like 7 years just over it. Been "pulled" over while parked minding my own business.

went to use a public toilet come out with a cop car waiting next to my car thats parked turned off doing nothing.. they can go get fkd ill never think the same about cops again

+1

We know it's not all cops doing it, but in the end they decide who they pull over and it's still a case of obvious prejudice unless they've caught you in the act of doing something stupid. It wouldn't be allowed to exist if it was a racial thing...there would be a massive uproar over it. I don't see the difference...someone is still judging you on a characteristic/trait before you've been proven to do anything wrong.

Anyone bothered to tally the total cost of a 1 month impoundment for the average joe? ie.

You could factor in (due to the car not being driven):

-Loan repayment costs

-Insurance costs

-Time-based service items (brake fluid change etc.)

-Loss of income (ie if the driver does deliveries or something)

And the obvious of:

-Towing

-Storage

-Fines

-Loss of income due to loss of licence

-Court fees etc. etc.

How would this total compare to other crimes and the cost invoked via conviction when proven guilty? Oh wait my bad you don't HAVE to be proven guilty to be convicted for hooning, silly me. blush.gif

Has ANYONE at the top sat down and looked at the monster they've created to "stop" "hoons" while other much more intentional crimes continue with lenient penalties?

This! Even having your exhaust reported for being too loud (which it need not be, officer only has to "guess" it's not legal) is a solid day you have to take off to get your car tested (more if you fail the test or actually have to change your exhaust), all paid for by you whilst you miss a day of work. All because your exhaust might make someoe scoff at how shit the car sounds? Meanwhile some delinquent f**k walks out of Ringwood magistrate's with a CBO. Go through a red light and the punishment is less hassle...

Alas, we are a minority and not a vocal one at that...which is why they continue to get away with it.