SAU Community

Sau Vic Motorsport Championship Round 4

ssxRicho

I'll be heading down on Sunday to check out the action. I'm also interested in catching up with anyone running their road registered car with street tyres about the new Advan Neova Cup.

Looking forward to it!

Juz

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Advan Neova what's the spec on it?

if they show an improvement to the federal rs-r would be interested let me know the classes!

also a note for ppl, if you'r not in the motorsport camp atm let me know on the day the spec's of your car so I can add you.

will have the results up for this round a few days after it as disappearing again.

lastly do folks want to try and grab the car ports in the corner? saves paying for garages?

M

to get access to the the inside of the ones on the straight yes.

there a 5-6 car ports in the corner of the car park that free tho..

M

Yes carports are a must. The garages on the track cost ya, but the carports out the back are frees.

Marty the AD08 is the yoko tire that is compatible to our RSR's. I actually want to give em a go, but have heaps of meat left on the current set and the RSR is such a great tire.

Ash is running them on the GTR as is John in the 32GTR.

Neova Cup is a great idea though.

WOW Juzz driving a CLK55 now?? Talk about stepping up in the world!!!!

I've had it for a year and I love it! Converted to the land of the V8's, see you on Sunday!

Advan Neova what's the spec on it?

There are a lot of people in NSW & QLD running these for club track days, check out the reviews and details here: ADVAN AD08 Specifications & Reviews

I'd say the AD08 is miles ahead of RS-R's and KU's. Haven't tried myself but that's what I've seen on other cars.

Well said Russ, it certainly is ahead of the RS-R's, there are some people punching out some quick times on the AD08s.

My AD08s were quite impressive @ DECA, still not quite as good as my A032R in some areas, but i've not had an alignment since changing wheel size etc.

Once i finish up my 10-sec pass business i'll put brakes on and start doing some laps on them and see how they go.

My AD08s were quite impressive @ DECA, still not quite as good as my A032R in some areas, but i've not had an alignment since changing wheel size etc.

That's surprising Ash because the A032's would need a fair bit of heat to work at their best, as the AD08's don't require the same heat levels to be effective, hence they would be better than an R Comp for a Deca style event.

Would like to hear your feedback at Track Days as I'm sure you will find the AD08's are better then your A032's that are passed their used by date.

Oh they were still excellent - don't get me wrong. AD08s were nothing short of awesome on a damp skidpan, markedly better than semi's :)

Still haven't done a full alignment and everything else yet (along with going from 17 to 18s, wider tyre etc) so much potential still to be unlocked from the AD08s, looking forward to putting some times down for the cup :thumbsup:

I'll come down for a look. Wanted to join in but couldn't get my shit organised in time farken. Still waiting on a fire ext bracket to be made up, fit new rotors/pads and someone to process my SAU renewal hehe

My OEM dunlops were ok at Sandown but it was wet/raining. I reckon they'll be rubbish on a warmish day after a few laps. What are these AD08's worth?

Ash sif you're ever gonna run a 10.

Well i'm all set for Sandown this Sunday. Just hope it doesn't rain!

Advan cup looks interesting - Juzzy are there any other rules apart from being street registered and running the advan control tyres?

What are these AD08's worth?

WOW, No Taxi Dave! Happy to chat with you on Sunday re: Pricing. Obviously it depends on what size your after. A friend of mine just got a Golf R, great choice! :)

Advan cup looks interesting - Juzzy are there any other rules apart from being street registered and running the advan control tyres?

Hey Matt, all of the other rules and regs can be found here: Advan Cup Competitor Information & Regs

I will be around on Sunday to answer any questions, see you then! :)

WOW, No Taxi Dave! Happy to chat with you on Sunday re: Pricing. Obviously it depends on what size your after. A friend of mine just got a Golf R, great choice! :)

Haha yeh slight change. No probs, chat sunday.