SAU Community

Sau Vic Motorsport Championship Round 4

ssxRicho

If you have ex gate, you will not pass. Straight through exhaust will be pushing it, side exit exhaust will fail.

Normal cat'les exhaust with a cannon will pass easy.

Roy got done at the last sandown, as did a tier 3 V8 Supercar.

Are you 100% sure external gate wont pass? :( doesn't brisby have ext gate?

Ahh so Troy did get in trouble at the Sandown day. Hmmm... I think plumb back is the safest option

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Should I be bringing some new front pads for this? havn't changed them since I got the car lol.. Dont want to go into a wall at 250k's

Should I be bringing some new front pads for this? havn't changed them since I got the car lol.. Dont want to go into a wall at 250k's

Sorry Leigh. Not trying to be a dick but you need to do some reading in the motorsport section and other parts of SAU and also the net about racing.

You have a boat of a car (all GTR's are) and your brakes have to be in good condition. Get some good pads and fluid as a minimum and I suggest having spares of both. I used to have spare rotors with me too!!!

I'd hate to see you smash an expensive car.

There is a lot to learn so get some research into ya!!! :)

Just a sticker on your car showing where the battery is. For WRX sprints it's only required if your battery is NOT in the front under the bonnet.

That rule is only for the default car of the club running the day...ie a WRX. All other cars require a battery tri-angle.

Blue piece of contact from the news agent, cut up is easy enough. Stick it on the body pointing to the battery.

Do you know what pads are in there? How much meat is left on em? While what Russ says is true. Youre just starting out and wont be piling the speed and deceleration on as much as we do. So you may not go through the set, but OEM like pads don't cut it at Sandown. I scared myself shizles the first time I went there on lucas pads. Those kind of pad go from, sponge to nothing. So you get sponge coming onto the main straight, then nothing into turn one...

I can help you on Saturday swap the pads and bleed RBF600 into the lines if you like. The alternative is to do two laps with the current setup, cool down for two then go for another one then come in.

A1RM's as a minimum with Motul / Martini Racing RBF600 fluid.

I was going through 2/3rd of a set of an A1RM at each Sandown Track Day when I got confident.

That rule is only for the default car of the club running the day...ie a WRX. All other cars require a battery tri-angle.

No, it applies to all cars entered on the day, not only WRXes. I will have one anyway because the Alfa club supp regs require it.

Dude I ran without one at the last 2 wrx rounds, I'm not making it up just to argue with you :rolleyes:

Show me in the supp regs where it says this rule only applies to wrx's and i'll believe you :nyaanyaa:

lol fair enough... my comments are simply based on my experience, and what the supp regs say. If it's not on the scrut sheet they wont check it. I will have one for this round regardless because it's in the supp regs for the alfa club event this weeekend. :thumbsup:

That triangle thing has changed. It used to be if it's non-WRX or anywhere non standard on WRX's needed triangle.

Also...

c) All vehicles must use two separate fasteners on any front opening panel

Everytime I've been to WRX days they say that standard isn't enough. They say it needs to be 2 'separate systems'.

Not sure if you have the cable trick John or if you just have standard 2 motion latch?

I've seen standard latche fail on a 33. I recommend the extra cable or pins.

I have an extra cable with a climbing shackle.

But you can also still read that either way. The standard unit has two separate fasteners, they are not 'mounted' separately. But they are different devices.

I keep an extra bonnet strap in my bag just in case. It's still not clear to me if it's required based on sup regs (whether or not secondary factory latch qualifies as 2 bonnet restraint systems), but definitely a good idea to have if you don't have bonnet pins fitted. You don't want your bonnet flying up at 200+ km/h!

When are you back in action Ant?
Ant can't be far offfrom what i saw last week.

Looking good

...and there I was creating some 'mystique' around when the cars ready ;) jk....

Realistically with a bit of time to take the car through the twisties to start getting used to how its driving I'm still aiming for this day as its first outing.