SAU Community

Diy Universal Lip

Hey guys, I just thought I'll share with you my latest diy mod xD

I bought some silicon garage door seal from the US through amazon.

So after I open the pack, I had to double sided tape the seal, clean the bottom of my car then tape it on :D

I reckon the result is awesome. For $25 and 30mins of my time. I cannot complain.

img1163qg.jpg

img1164yf.jpg

img1165u.jpg

img1166n.jpg

img1167k.jpg

looks good, I've got an old Honda Prelude lip at home I've been meaning to attach to my front bar. I'd be worried it would wall off at high speeds if it were only double sided taped on though.

Good job imo :thumbsup:

Double sided tape is pretty strong stuff if you have the right stuff for the apllication. Alot of people also you double for there weather shields... me included :whistling:

Haha yeah, my weathershields are ONLY held on by double sided tape. 3M makes some strong stuff... You pay for quality.

You also gotta understand that this stuff, is as light as feather, and it's a bit flexible, so I'd say some strong tape will be fine.

I'm going out now for a drive, we'll let you's know if I come home with my lip or not haha.

Aww how come you could get the 16 foot rubber seal. They wouldn't ship it to my address, so I ended up buying a 9 foot long from another seller.

Must be a Sydney thing :down:. Looks great BTW!

Yeah same thing, works well, looked into some lips and Carbon fiber or fiberglass lips just crack and break, I also used some small screws to hold it in as well as the 3M tape, I did not want it to come off it I ever scraped the front...

I just used a strong double sided tape, not even 3M, and it is definitely not coming off lol.

But I think the Australian sun might cause it to go hard over time and eventually crack, but for $25 per pop, meh lol