SAU Community

Project Scrawny

Trozzle

Ima say deadlift...just do it light as hell...

Nah.

he needs a physio/chiro or both to look him over first.

Coming back in to it, I'd suggest he tries hip belt squats and Ukranian deadlifts (UDLs).

youtube has both.

the hip belt squat doesn't load the spine. the weight hangs from your waste like when you load up to do weighted dips.

so you squat on 2 boxes with the weight dropping down between the legs.

UDLs are on the same 2 boxes and lifting a kettle bell from foot height to standing.

in both those exercises because the weight is directly under the bum so to speak, he shouldn't get the pains which he is probably getting due to the weight being too far forward on the lower back or possibly a compression issue from having it on top of him.

But still, he needs to get adjusted/corrected and do all those little faggy things that physios say to do during rehab first.

The only things professionals have told me is "stop lifting and do yoga" lol...admittedly they weren't sports injury professionals, but still that was never gonna happen. Would sooner drop ludicrous monies on growth hormone etc than stop lifting and take up yoga.

The only things professionals have told me is "stop lifting and do yoga" lol...admittedly they weren't sports injury professionals, but still that was never gonna happen. Would sooner drop ludicrous monies on growth hormone etc than stop lifting and take up yoga.

Find a new professional.

That was the idea, but really cbf trying to find the time for an appointment only to spend hundreds of dollars only to maybe gain the ability to do deadlifts again without pain. Cbf.

That was the idea, but really cbf trying to find the time for an appointment only to spend hundreds of dollars only to maybe gain the ability to do deadlifts again without pain. Cbf.

That's not the point noob.

Never do deadlifts again for all I care.

The point of "wasting hundreds" isn't to gain the ability to do deadlifts.

it's to fix your f**ked back.

Not being able to do deadlifts just shows you have a problem.

The solution to that problem isn't "not doing deadlifts"

Maybe you're too young to get it.

Let me see if I can explain it in Gen Y.

y0 dawg.

I herd u gots a sore bak wen doin d-lifts

even though it stopz hurt'n wen u stops the deads, dat dun mean dat its fix0rd.

u shoold c a fizzy-y0 or ky-row n get it sorted.

bekoz da probz jst gunna stay der n will probz cawz u heaps of payn wen u get olda n shit man.

not doin dedz n finkin dat its fine is wack brah.

dun haf too do dedz but get it lookd at.

hahahahaha well said :P nah I completely understand that I should get the problem fixed even if I stop doing deads. I will eventually get around to this. However given the condition of my spine right now, I'd say I'm fairly well f**ked when I get older regardless :(

hahahahaha well said :P nah I completely understand that I should get the problem fixed even if I stop doing deads. I will eventually get around to this. However given the condition of my spine right now, I'd say I'm fairly well f**ked when I get older regardless :(

Do you have degeneration of some kind in the spine? If not then corrective strength training along with healing is all you need.

I have had a full on accident that injured my spine years ago and hurt my back a few times in the past. I would consider it a non -issue for me now my back is very strong. Not had any issues since.

By all means do deadlifts , do them at a higher rep level / lighter weight. Along with back extensions and movements to increase hip ROM and things will look better in your future for sure.

Do you have degeneration of some kind in the spine? If not then corrective strength training along with healing is all you need.

I have had a full on accident that injured my spine years ago and hurt my back a few times in the past. I would consider it a non -issue for me now my back is very strong. Not had any issues since.

By all means do deadlifts , do them at a higher rep level / lighter weight. Along with back extensions and movements to increase hip ROM and things will look better in your future for sure.

I crushed my T5 vertebra in a snowboarding accident back in 2011...kinda did nothing about it. Was back in the gym about 4 days later. 20 weeks to get an X-ray done. By this stage it was way too late haha...

Deadlifts have stopped the cramping, though it seems any kind of abusive routine for those muscles fixes it up just fine lol.

These days I'm still experiencing a crippling pump/cramp sensation in my lower back muscles. Just tired of this shit.

I've been neglecting the hamstring stretches a lot lately, which in all honesty made a HUUUUUUUUGE difference to this pain...I have my reasons for not stretching, though they're so far from acceptable excuses I'm surprised I even let that shit slide rofl

it's just cramp/pump of the muscle?

oh for crying out loud...

Need your address.

I'm a drive down and slap you myself.

I think the pain itself might be, but the cause of the pain is certainly something that shouldn't be there.

Beat him with a foam roller, the irony will be astounding.

haha I use a foam roller too, so won't be THAT ironic :P

f**k me I lol'd at that Gen y speak.

If it helps Troz, I'm not DL either while I get my back sorted.

Light squats, light SLDL, and a Myo once a fortnight, a HEAP of stretching, a podiatrist visit this weekend, and still seeing the physio the hopsital provided.

At least get looked at by a pro to find out if it's an acute issue, compensatory, referred etc.

For me, the issue is compensatory from my busted ankle/broken leg and just takes time to fix so while I fix it, I work around it. The key is I don't get any discomfort while doing my exercises.

Get it looked at, get it sorted, then get back into whatever exercise you want.

</2cents>

Will definitely get it looked at, just gotta chase up the name of a proper sports physio/masseur I was told to see a while back lol.

Since I'm ultimately training for appearance, I'm still getting awesome results even without deadlifts. Obviously not ideal or as efficient as it could be, but I'm still putting on good size on my back :D will have to sort some progress pics soon once I deal with this little bit of belly fat I've picked up that's hiding what little definition I had previously LOL

TBH, I won't be bothering with DL, I'm like you, only in it for basic strength improvement and the looks and I can get that from other exercises that are a bit easier/safer for me to do.

If you go to a Physio try and get one that is actually hands on, so many just assess and advise without actually working (massage etc) on the issue.

I see a Physio, as that's free, and a Myo which isn't but the Myo actively works on the issue and helps me stretch it, give a deep tissue massage and gives me pointers on how to free it all up myself at home.