SAU Community

Next Sau Tas Track Outing

zoidbergmerc

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking, in two months time at the end of October, when I was thinking we should have out next track day, there is a super sprint event on at baskerville that weekend!

Maybe we should all just attend that instead! Same principal as a SAU Track day though, just better organised, official timing, first aid, rescue vehicle, the canteen will be open, all that fun stuff! Plus we'll be helping out all the motorsport clubs in tassie by attending!

I reckon it'll be around the same price, maybe a smidgen more but it'd be worth it!

For you who don't know super sprints events are like this

• Qualifying at the start of the day so you're put with other cars of similar pace.
  • four cars on the track at once
  • 3-4 hot laps at a time
  • laps are timed
  • at the end of the day, the driver with the best time is the winner

So yeah, it's pretty much Time Attack!

We should all get in on this; it's going to be a blast!

Looking at the supp regs from the one earlier in the year, it's $95 to enter, CAMS licence also is required and available on the day. (Around $110)

You need a little bit more done to your car though but you've got 2 months to get it sorted!

You'll need on your car:

- seat belts (duh)

- 900g or larger, Fire Extinguisher mounted on a metal bracket. (~$45 from Safety & Fire Equipment Services

in Moonah for us southerners)

- Sticky tape or clear contact over glass head lights.

- Tail shaft strap or loop (NOT REQUIRED for road registered cars)

- Secondary Bonnet restraint. (this is how I did mine, an old belt or dog chain works well too)

- Blue triangle with 150mm sides (electrical tape is fine, or Revolution race gear has them for $2)

- hub caps and removable wheel centers taken off.

- All removable objects including jacks, spare wheels, floor mats etc. must be removed from the vehicle cabin, glove compartment, console and boot

- Tyre must be in good condition, Slicks are allowed. NO RETREADS

- Catch can for vent to amtosphere breathers (rocker covers and radiator)

So yeah, you've got a while to get it all sorted! So there are no excuses :P

I hope I've covered everything, If you've got something to add or have a question post up here or send me a PM :)

Edited by zoidbergmerc

Why the hell not? Might sneak in some sneaky sneaky practice a few weeks beforehand as well though :)

Which weekend is this? On the 30th the wife has booked me in for a birthday present of a half day rally school experience, which should be _awesome_

Edited by Clandestine

Why the hell not? Might sneak in some sneaky sneaky practice a few weeks beforehand as well though :)

Which weekend is this? On the 30th the wife has booked me in for a birthday present of a half day rally school experience, which should be _awesome_

yeah it's the 30th :( looks like you miss out.

Do you know what school? in tassie?

sounds interesting fingers crossed the gtr is back together and tuned by then could make for a interesting day, and on another note i sell 1kg fire extinguishes at work so can do them on the cheap if anyone is chasing 1.

Well I will definitely be out of this one for sure. Waiting on the sale of the 4 door.

Then time to save for a new toy.

Will keep the fire extinguishers in mind. Will be wanting one at some point.

ooOOooooh, only one spot left for that rally thing.

If I wasn't doing sprints I'd totally hit that up.

Yeah, I've been looking at it for like 4-5 years. Could never justify the cost before, but since it's a birthday present... pity about they day, looks like I won't be there for the super sprints :(

• 1 month later...

This is it folks, the event we've been yarning about all thread.

http://www.mgtas.org.au/Competition/club%20day%20flyer%20October%20%202010.pdf

I think everyone who was at the last SAU track day needs to come to this one. It's going to be EPIC!

I'm going and I'll have MOAR camber and oil restricters in too so hopefully I should be able to pound round all day worry free.

I don't think I'll organise any more "SAU Track days" until I can piggy back the event off another clubs insurance and what not. Unfortunately they're just too popular for me to organise by my self, last time got a little hektik :( Sorry guys. But I'm in the drifting Tasmania committee now so I'll try and fire something up for us through that or HSCC maybe, if anyone knows anything or anyone then send me a PM, I'd love to have a chat :)

Until a time that I can get SAU track days fired up again, I say we just gatecrash all the other events, sprints, Drift Practice days and hill climbs :) Skyline domination would be epic.