SAU Community

Arx Plastic Guards

jidge

Does anyone know how much these are worth?

Had a little scrape in a car park and did some very minor damage to my driver side front plastic guard (only visible from less than 1m away).

Does anyone know how much these are worth to replace? just wondering whether its worth putting in the insurance claim.

Cheers

Edited by jidge

my passanger side fender has snapped off. hopefully i can fix( some clip mounts survived) ... i think its time i lifted up the car, its a tad bit low and this proved it rant.gif

Does anyone know where i can get a plastic front passenger ARX rub guard?

Mine flung off on the Freeway.

Hahaha. Ahem...I mean, bugger, that's no good mate.:(

You knew it was loose & dodgy & still you didn't do anything to ensure it was secure. Ever heard of duct tape lol.

I'm guessing you couldn't go back & pick it up? Probably stuffed anyway.

lol i was thinking of taping it. but just never did it.

oh well if i cant find one ill just start making it an axis, Jason might be able to help me out but yeh. no rush. just a pain

lol i was thinking of taping it. but just never did it.

oh well if i cant find one ill just start making it an axis, Jason might be able to help me out but yeh. no rush. just a pain

I'll see what i can do...but not often readily available other than new or secondhand and still attached to a guard (where they should be) :nyaanyaa:

Got the part number handy??

Edited by prince_skyline

Wtf happened? How did it get damaged?

lol i dont know, the whole thing just ripped off on the freeway.

I vote getting rid of the SUV / crossover look & make it an Axis. Do they leave any marks when they come off?

i vote this too, but i dont know if i wanna spend the $1000 for all the parts. i didnt realy wanna spend too much more on this car..

I'll see what i can do...but not often readily available other than new or secondhand and still attached to a guard (where they should be) :nyaanyaa:

Got the part number handy??

ill find out today and message you it

cheers.

Aaron/Leon - Axis and ARX use the same flares, the only difference is the Axis flares are colour coded.

RS/RX is the look you'll be after if you rip them off Aaron.

Handy if you want to get a body kit.

wont you need new front guards and have the holes in the rear quarters filled too?

not to mention the side skirts wont fit as they have the wheel arch cutouts in them

just paint the whole kit aaron

Aaron/Leon - Axis and ARX use the same flares, the only difference is the Axis flares are colour coded.

RS/RX is the look you'll be after if you rip them off Aaron.

Handy if you want to get a body kit.

Ahhh, I see (slaps forehead). Then what I was meaning was turn it into a flare-less RS/RX look. But if there is heaps of work required to patch up bodywork after the flares come off....better not to bother.

Edit: thanks Iain, you answered my question.

Edited by Commsman

wont you need new front guards and have the holes in the rear quarters filled too?

not to mention the side skirts wont fit as they have the wheel arch cutouts in them

just paint the whole kit aaron

Agreed.

Steps to transform ugly ARX into not-ugly :P

1. Acquire Axis front and rear bars

2. Get a custom grill made up (or pay through the arse for Axis grill, bonnet ornament and backing)

3. Colour code the lot