SAU Community

Kumho Lap Battle Championship Round 3 - Date & Location Change

gregor

Hi gregor, just confirming there are still spots available? Also, my car has a halfcage and is not registered, will there be any dramas passing scrutineering? Not sure which Type my car falls under according to the following:

Yep there are still spots available, although for obvious reasons the sooner people enter the less chance of missing out. I'll post up when its almost full.

If you are serious about entering but waiting on the car to be ready you can get your form through and pay a little bit later. It wont reserve your spot but the organiser can contact you if it's filling up and your cash still isnt in yet.

Edit: Don't stress too much about the type. If you arent sure get your entry in and we can figure that out later. Also dont forget you'll need a CAMS license, please get it arranged early to avoid hassles :cheers:

Edited by gregor

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im just waiting on getting my car back before I commit funds at this stage, BUT, I picked up 2 x KUMHO V700 235/40 17 from FSPORT which was my prize from the last track day, ( I think it was for spilling the most oil........sorry)

They should fit nice on the front of the boat

Im super happy.

Thankyou KUMHO and John from FSPORT.

http://www.fsport.com.au/

good to hear, thanks for giving John the shoutout he deserves for supporting club level guys like us.

That's right. maximum 100 entrants. Likely numbers will be somewhere between 80 and 100, looking for around 20-25 per manufacturer.

That might sound like a lot but it's a bigger track than wakefield and with the cost of EC you need a fair few entrants. I dont think anyone will go home unhappy with the amount of track time they get.

Yes, it is a slightly longer track, meaning to keep the same space as 48 vehicles at wakie, you only want 80 cars at EC. But as noted, the cost to hire is extravagent... And knowing the cost of hiring, from my quick sums, the WRX club will basically be losing money with 100 entrants... Unless someone is sponsoring them... Quite a cheap day for EC...

The passenger discussion is probably a bit of a detour as far as this event is concerned. Probably best to PM an exec if that needs to be followed up.

Now I've got a list of entrants as of Tuesday and we are still looking to fill a bunch of Nissan spots. If the spots arent filled very soon the opportunity will be opened and promoted to other clubs to fill the numbers. If you want SAU to get the chance to be invited to a full track Eastern Creek day in future the best thing you can do is support it by entering.

Remember you will need a CAMS license, if you dont have one get your paper work in ASAP.

The cumulative score is very close. i went back and reviewed every time (a substantial job) after some errors were discovered and im putting them together. You should see a post tomorrow or on the weekend at latest.

I wont post up the entry list as not everyone from there is on SAU or may not want to be listed on a public forum. But if anyone wants to know if they are confirmed in they can PM me. I know thats different to the way SAU normally does things.

Cumulative results posted. Sorry it's a few days after I said it would be. Plenty to do lately and never enough time. <BR><BR>Also the WRX club is close to opening this up to other clubs to ensure they fill numbers. I really thought there would be more SAU guys jumping on the chance to go to Eastern Creek. If you are holding off get those entries in soon before other clubs snap up the spare spots.

Edited by gregor

Crap, forgot about entering, been thinking about the day but forgot I havent entered, I actually filled them out but I have no idea what happened to them, LOL, will RE-download forms and pay asap.

Sorry.

EDIT; Just paid at the WRX web site, see you there.

Edited by mlr

The little white "EVO" will be there, I look forward to renewing the battle with the two big bad R34's (or one it appears... :(..)...

I also have improved the car from dead stock last time out at Wakefield... Althou, I'm concerned about the R34's outright straight line speed and the main straight of Eastern Creek... tehehehehe...

Bring it on Skyline Boys... Looking forward to it.

Edited by AndyMac

There is still spots left. Looking over the entrants list there are a few GTRs including one new one, a bunch of silvias and a couple of 300/350s too.

There's also 3 hondas on the list too, there might be a few more if the Nissan guys don't get some entries in.

The little white "EVO" will be there, I look forward to renewing the battle with the two big bad R34's (or one it appears... :(..)...

I also have improved the car from dead stock last time out at Wakefield... Althou, I'm concerned about the R34's outright straight line speed and the main straight of Eastern Creek... tehehehehe...

Bring it on Skyline Boys... Looking forward to it.

That would have been 1 big bad R34 and one mostly stock R33 (now upgraded but not attending). I wouldn't worry about the straight as long as you can hold the 1st corner :)

• Latest Posts

• I love Catalunya.  Got a 1:54.632. The AMG is a hoot.
    • I hadn't got that far, my main worry was the connection to the actual calipers themselves. I'm just using new (ish) stock brake lines in the stock setup. I've just had a stud welded to the knuckle that is a little lower than the original stud (so my knuckles have two studs each side) to not have it be stretched so far in previous BBK setups, so the "block" (in the second picture) mounts a little lower for me and I hope I don't need to change anything. I may have even changed the connection to the calipers in the past and have since forgotten I did that. I may not have. Guess how I'm gonna find out. Source: hopium
    • It's more so I'm using the 1x piece line from HEL that goes from the body to the caliper. There's no middle block/mount like the HFM ones or the GKtech ones. There are certain angles/suspension compression where the line actually slightly contacts the ARB. Below of how mine sit (not my photo): How I want it:  
    • Oh I have mine all sitting in boxes ready to go, two sets of rotors, four sets of pads and caliper rebuild kits. They send a survey asking me if I had installed them months ago :p Grinder not necessary to fit the fronts, and not *really* for the rears. They have some good simple videos on how-to. I don't understand brake lines but from what I understand... somehow... OEM lines work, even though people say 350Z and 370Z use different banjo bolts, so it's possible 350'z had some different setup that Nissan changed to the 370Z/R33/R34 system? ....though are a little short, but past-me made a new bolt hole to bolt them to to reach my current fronts so I should be okay... maybe. In any case HFM don't sell any *different* line kits for R33/R34 front brakes than they do for the 370Z kits. So in my mind they must be compatible or they would have different products made to suit the different calipers. Please test and confirm for me kthx.
    • @Kinkstaah HFM will have a spicy BF sale in November, might be a good time to load up on the adaptors, new lines, etc. Then may the best grinder win lol.