SAU Community

Tomei Pon Cams S2 Rb25

Ad's

Ok before i get flamed i have read and searched alot about Tomei cams on this site but haven't really found the answer i was looking for, im wanting advice from the people that have done cam changes and wished/changed out other parts the same time.

Ill be purchasing some cams in the next couple of weeks and i was wondering if i should replace anything else in the head whilst I'm changing them over? Seen as these motors are getting on in there time would it be ideal to change the hydraulic lifters? Obviously the o rings and the cam oil seal get replaced but would you replace anything else? I work for Nissan so getting genuine parts for cheap isn't a big deal unless people recommend aftermarket brands to be better!

Would adjustable cam gears also be a good idea too whilst changing cams?

I'm pretty much building the car and motor over a few years so time doesn't really matter. I'm looking for 300kw but on a safe tune of say 250kw i know people will say don't bother with cams with that low power spend your money else where, but I'm trying to build something a little different with as much mid range as i can get!

Atm i have:

Apexi power fc

Z32 afm

FMIC

3 inch exhaust

Splitfires

Garrett 2871 with a op6 rear housing that I'm going to get rebuilt and highflowed again to the specs of a 3076

Next:

Tomei pon cams 256 degree duration and 8.5mm lift both inlet and exhaust

6 Boost manifold with external gate

Nismo 555cc injectors

Adjustable cam gears?

Probally a few other things i have forgot too.

What else can get me more mid range over raw power?

Criticize my set up people and give me some feed back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Adam

Edited by Ad's

Nah not daily more so a project garage queen haha! Still it's abit of a waste of fuel either in the coupe or the daily just to get fuel to go for a drive in it. 98 is good enough for me :thumbsup:

I would happily drive that far also lol.

Don't bother with the cam gears or anything else. Valve springs would be the only other suggestion. Some people do them with the head still on. I just decided to take mine off and rebuild it.

I wouldn't care driving 50km in my situation atm! Just when the rentals move out next year and the mrs and i move in i know i will have bugger all money to drive 5 min down the road for fuel! Ill price up new valve springs on monday PM-R33 and compaire the difference!

Any other recomendations?

Cheers for the feed back guys.

E85 for $3 a litre for a daily driven car is pretty much pointless. Only 5% of the time im driving the car will i need the benefits of E85. CBF with drums hanging around my garage/house either lol.

Id probably pay as much as 1.50-2.00 /L if it was at the bowzer.

How much is Eflex over east?

Last time down at my servo with E85 it was $1.26/L and before fuel jumped in price bout 6-8 weeks ago id say the eflex was $1.16/L its cheap for 105ron i think??? or is it 108ron?

E85 for $3 a litre for a daily driven car is pretty much pointless. Only 5% of the time im driving the car will i need the benefits of E85. CBF with drums hanging around my garage/house either lol.

Id probably pay as much as 1.50-2.00 /L if it was at the bowzer.

How much is Eflex over east?