SAU Community

Gtk Turbonetics Turbo Chargers V To4Z

Gtir-keiron

Does any one have any dyno sheets or any thing with turbonetics turbos.

Im trying to decide what to do,Either turbonetics gtk650 or a t04z.

Computer is a apexi

I run 98 due to the fact i dont have e85 where i live.

Due to turbonetics not making a 750hp turbo or even 700 in the turbonetics range i have 2 options that way gtk650 or gtk850 or t04z

My motor is stock atm i like response due to having hks2530s atm but not enuff power.

Chasing around 500 hp to 550hp on pump atw for my gtr.

I have a set of 264 cams already comming but it looks like a turbo let go on my gtr.................

Can any one please post some dyno results or some thing to help me out.

cheers keiron.

Get another 2530 then cause they should have no dramas getting 550whp and will be the cheapest option vs a single conversion.

If you can't crack 550whp on 2530's check your current setup before changing turbos

gtk is all well and good. but not that good. half ball bearing with a fansy paint job and ported comp cover. i was going to get one (the 850) but i could not find much info on the results as many people prefer bw or garretts.

You would be hard pressed getting 550awhp with his setup without BIG boost.

I know of a GTR with 2530s making 530awhp at 22psi on E85.

Ok then taking big boost out of it (come on 20 psi is the start point ;) ), let's say he goes for the bottom end of his goal, here's a result from page one on the dyno result thread. 2530's are bigger than 5's and I can't see 2530's making less than 5's-we all know they can make good numbers :)

Back on dyno for cam timing adjustments.Power went from 351rwkw to 368rwkw.

HKS 2530's

Nismo 600cc inj

Power FC

HKS 264/264 cams

HKS ebc

Z32 AFM's

Trust cooler

Stock bottom end

Tomei fuel pump

Anyway good luck with whatever you end up doing OP

Im running 1.6 bar or so atm with 25/30s and my tuner told me i wont make any more power on them on pump.

Sorry i was messed up when i posted last night i had been up all day was at powercruise and had to drive 4 hours home.Id like to make around 500 hp atw

On a hub dynopak i made around 470hp,

my set up is this

apexi power fc

hks 2530s stock manifolds

hks electronic boost controler

2x rb25 green lable afm

040 in tank pump stock fuel lines (not run out of fuel yet)

700cc injectors

mines sports div dumps into a veilside twin front pipe 5 inch body balistic cat. my exaust for the most part seems to be twin 3 and a half inch

greddy cam gears

When i come on boost is real responsive i just charge our infront of most stuff.

Now when i come on boost she spikes out to just over 1.6bar then slides back down to 1.4-1.5 bar,

Can you post your dyno sheets of the 25/30s mate making around 550 hp at all 4s please.

dyno1f.th.jpg

dyno2.th.jpg

here is my old dyno sheet.

cheers keiron.

Edited by Gtir-keiron

i been on the phone all morning i think i have come up with a solution.

I already have a greddy twin afm front pipe and a bran new turbosmart 45mm gate in the box.

Talked to a few turbo places this morning and 3 of them said as good as to4z are they are out of date tecnolagy and i should look at something more current.

Few places said gtk650 is too small and will not be what im looking for.

However i have been told that the new gtx garrett range of turbos would be the way to go.......

so im looking at a gtx 3582r .82 rear rated at 770hp,what do you guys think about that.Spool imports said they have had great sucsess with these turbos comming on early and making better hp at lower boost.

Should see 500 atws on pump no problems with the gtx 35r.

Any one else seen these in action.

i think i might have a fuel problem tho,Some say you can make 500 on stock lines with a uprated pump some say you can not.

Im running a 040 intank and have not run out of fuel while tuning with my 25/30s at 470hp or there abouts so i guess i can only try.

Edited by Gtir-keiron

I think you should read the 10+ page thread on GTX turbos, there really are no results that support more power/earlier spool. And they all require a gut load of boost as well to do anything.

Can tell you right now stock fuel lines are fine. Seen many hit 400-440rwkw using stock lines.

I had the GTK850 on a 2.8L, made 760hp on engine dyno @26psi, so they certainly do make a 750hp turbo, it is a sexy looking turbo, but even on a 2.8L all the power is above 4500rpm, now running a TO4Z on the same setup, makes slightly less @ same boost but comes on at least 500rpm earlier, also ran those numbers with standard fuel lines, and 3" exhaust between dump and centre muffler...

keep your 040 in tank run a 044 with a surge tank + 6boost manifold + 45mm gate + 2xafm + cams, 20-24psi and see 500awhp all day!!!

Why put a surge tank in? It's not needed at all.

I'm just running a Nismo intank, as are most other GTRs down here, all tracked on semi's too.

Given he has a stock motor, there is much more that you'd be worrying about and not tracking it for a start

I think you should read the 10+ page thread on GTX turbos, there really are no results that support more power/earlier spool. And they all require a gut load of boost as well to do anything.

Can tell you right now stock fuel lines are fine. Seen many hit 400-440rwkw using stock lines.

could not have said it better, laggier and require more boost to do the same job.

i tried to read the gtx thread and omfg all it is in 50 f**kin pages is people spewing rubbish.

I found 1 guy who had posted up sheets of his old and new turbo.

This site used to be very helpfull but now all you get is people who tell you what not to do with short answers that help no one.Every one seems to know best but no one posts up any proof.

I come here to find out the best set up for my car to make the sorta power im looking for with some response.

I dont want to rebuild the 25/30 and try again to fail again on pump fuel,I want to change to a single but i get mixed msg from every one.Skylines australia used to be such a good comunity with people who were only too happy to help but now you get alot of people who mouth off and are stuck up assholes.

f*k this really