SAU Community

My Gtst Build!

sumich86

Hey guys,

im going to write down a few mods i have done / planning to do and i was hoping ppl could give me ideas as to power potential and weak points and any good suggestions..

this car will be doing track and street duties and was hoping to have a car that had good power but good street ability.

this may seem excessive to some but am just doing the car to have upgrade ability if i want to take it further in the future

the car is an R32 GTS-T

RB26 Engine with following mods :

forged pistons

forged rods

jun oil pump

has had a crank collar fitted

tomei sump baffles

tomei cams - unsure of specs but i think they r mild

hks cam gears

new bearings

ported head

should i get a head drain? im not sure if the block had restrictors put in it

other stuff:

ross balancer

injector dynamics 1000cc injectors

twin entry fuel rail

turbosmart plumb back bov (this only has a 32mm port - will this be too small?)

turbosmart fpr 1200

turbosmart eboost 2

2 x turbosmart 40mm wastegates (i bought one but was told it was gonna be too small so im going to buy another 40mm instead of trying to sell the one i have and buy a bigger one)

twin thermo fans instead of clutch radiator fan - anyone had experience with any of these? reccomendations?

electric water pump

6boost split pulse turbo manifold

GTX 3076 turbo

Haltech P2000 ecu

remote oil filter with cooler and thermostat

auto gearbox built by mv automatics (personal preference)

gearbox oil cooler

bosch 044 pump with surge tank ( would one be enough? or should i get another?)

possibly hks ignition power amplifier? - ideas?

was thinking about water/meth injection as well as pulp - would i need to get 2 seperate tunes or would one be enough?

one more thing, the g/box was out of an R33 and the rear end of the car is an R32 so im guessing the speedo is going to be out of wack

anyone got any good suggestions to fix it? i have had a look around at some ideas but havent found any that take my fancy yet

thanks to anyone who has any helpful ideas!!!!

Matt

Hey guys,

im going to write down a few mods i have done / planning to do and i was hoping ppl could give me ideas as to power potential and weak points and any good suggestions..

this car will be doing track and street duties and was hoping to have a car that had good power but good street ability.

this may seem excessive to some but am just doing the car to have upgrade ability if i want to take it further in the future

the car is an R32 GTS-T

RB26 Engine with following mods :

forged pistons

forged rods

jun oil pump

has had a crank collar fitted

tomei sump baffles

tomei cams - unsure of specs but i think they r mild Poncam type B is probably what you want, 260IN&EX 9.15mm lift

hks cam gears New ones or old ones?

new bearings

ported head Save your money, get it serviced and spend the money on something else

should i get a head drain? im not sure if the block had restrictors put in it You're saying that you are planning on doing these mods, but this sounds like it's been done?

other stuff:

ross balancer

injector dynamics 1000cc injectors

twin entry fuel rail Save your money, stock one is fine and will cost you less in lines and fittings

turbosmart plumb back bov (this only has a 32mm port - will this be too small?) Stock GTR BOV's would do the job

turbosmart fpr 1200

turbosmart eboost 2

2 x turbosmart 40mm wastegates (i bought one but was told it was gonna be too small so im going to buy another 40mm instead of trying to sell the one i have and buy a bigger one)

twin thermo fans instead of clutch radiator fan - anyone had experience with any of these? reccomendations? You will find so many tried this and then went back to the stock setup

electric water pump

6boost split pulse turbo manifold

GTX 3076 turbo

Haltech P2000 ecu

remote oil filter with cooler and thermostat

auto gearbox built by mv automatics (personal preference)

gearbox oil cooler

bosch 044 pump with surge tank ( would one be enough? or should i get another?) One will be fine on pump fuel, surge tank probably not needed

possibly hks ignition power amplifier? - ideas?

was thinking about water/meth injection as well as pulp - would i need to get 2 seperate tunes or would one be enough?

one more thing, the g/box was out of an R33 and the rear end of the car is an R32 so im guessing the speedo is going to be out of wack

anyone got any good suggestions to fix it? i have had a look around at some ideas but havent found any that take my fancy yet

thanks to anyone who has any helpful ideas!!!!

Matt

I used bold for some suggestions :)

Thanks for the suggestions mate

the engine has already been built, the only thing i havent done is added a head drain

the only other suggestion you made that hasnt been done or attempted is the thermo fans

my clutch fan is on its way out so i figured i would see what my options were.

i already have a twin entry fuel rail, plumb back bov and surge tank

the engine came with the hks cam gears and tomei cams, im just not sure what the specs are

any guesses as to power potential?

With regards to the diff - easiest option to get the gearing a bit better suited to the bigger engine and to get the speedo correct is just to get an R33 or R34 diff with 4.11 gears in it. If you need to you can install the internals into your R32 housing.

But.....I would think that an old viscous diff is going to disappoint you somewhat, so you'd probably be looking for a proper diff at some stage anyway.

1000cc injectors for a gt3076?:blink: (Unless your going twins)

Install a T04Z, THEN the injectors will be useful ;)

Save your pennies on the FPR, stick with the stock one, perfectly fine.

Edited by r33cruiser

1000cc injectors for a gt3076?:blink: (Unless your going twins)

Install a T04Z, THEN the injectors will be useful ;)

Save your pennies on the FPR, stick with the stock one, perfectly fine.

+1. And +1 to everything N1GTR said. Especially using the stock clutch fan for better cooling. Get a decent radiator + clutch fan = happy days even on a 30 degree day.

A GTX3076 is really still a baby, and from all reports thus far they wont make much more than than a GT3076 anyway so around 330rwkw.

Also don't need a rear oil drain if the motor has been built correctly with restrictors and enlarged returns. They seem to be the latest craze for whatever reason but no-one has really required them before if done correctly.

You wont need a HKS DLI box either, you aren't really pushing too hard with that turbo

Yea, i got them in preperation of E85, also i got them cheap :)

i only got most of this stuff because i didnt have anything stock

i got the fpr really really cheap too..

maybe i will just stick with clutch fan.

also if i went with a 3582 or something like that, what sort of lag am i looking at?

anyone one want to reccommend a good turbo? anyone got any experience with the 3582r?

thanks everyone

twin thermo fans instead of clutch radiator fan - anyone had experience with any of these? reccomendations?- i run a single 16" thermo on a 50mm radiator, never had any cooling issues be it on the track or in traffic (standard temp thermostat)

remote oil filter with cooler and thermostat - consider getting a thicker PWR radiator with built in oil cooler as i don't see an aftermarket radiator listed anywhere and it will also act as an oil warmer when its cold.

Expect full boost around 4k or a bit after with a GT35 (assuming 0.82 housing size) and capable of 360-380kw a little more if you push it hard.

Noel (fineline) had good results with a GT3788R (T4 twin scroll). Capable of 400+kw with only a little bit more lag than the GT35, but the crucial part is that it uses the large frame turbo core where as the GT35 uses the smaller core like the GT30 series which isn't as strong.

Otherwise if you want a fairly responsive setup that's got some chance of traction on street tyres (being rwd) the GT30 setup is a good choice, be it normal GT or GTX series.

yea i have a FMIC but im hoping E85 will be coming out where i am soon.

i will use the water/meth injection to keep the head nice and clean also..

what brand thermo you using Titan?

just plain old supercheap one.

E85 will reduce the carbon buildup as is.

• 2 weeks later...