SAU Community

The Evolution Of "night Fury"

Update:

Bought a stock boot lid off Jarrad ( :thanks: ).

Project GT wing has begun !! WOOOHOOO!!

20130928_172809_zpsade77d1a.jpg

Also....earlier this evening Aaron from Westy's Warehouse went out of his way to fit and balance my new tyres and finish everything today itself - absolutely sensational service and top bloke.

..and....I will not need that spoiler on there...so if anyone wants it....it is for sale..chuck me an offer.

Very very productive day so far.

Woke up bright and early with the sun streaming in. Just knew it was going to be a warm one. Polished up my new Ganadors and proceeded to install them (you know your obsessed when you start car stuff before brushing your teeth!!)

First step: remove door trims...

Passenger side: Three screws down at the bottom of the door panel. One screw inside the little plastic pocket thing and one screw underneath the passenger side handle / arm rest.

c063729d-97e7-4be0-8cb6-82081a12426b_zps

Drivers side: Three screws down at the bottom of the door panel. One screw under the switch plastic panel.

Both sides door release plastic surrounds need to be pried off.

aae1bead-52b2-41ef-8704-0a92a44df645_zps

Then remove plastic triangle to reveal three bolts holding mirror in place. Remove and unplug mirror. Plug Ganadors in, secure wire and put it all back together. Did not get a picture of the mirrors...but will post some when I do the photoshoot (sometime soon)

Then started fabrication work / planning for the GT wing project.

50bdf1ba-8f50-4608-98a0-07b569e9ce87_zps

Then drove down to the boys at WA Suspensions and got my meisters fitted and aligned. You can see the Ganadors here actually.

4e32fb77-1c1a-4cd8-9154-bf3d53473492_zps

Played around with a few spacer combinations....

ad5d2e9e-abde-4ea5-98ac-245ae9dfc4c7_zps

• Like 1

Tried...but got more love from pete who gave me some suspension tips..the tall dude whos name i cant remember who chatted for ages about his big block chevy and new zealand and the most from rob the alignment guy who everyone seems afraid of...lachlan was probably having an off day...lol....overall a good experience

New rims set it off nicely. Cant wait to see the boot DIY you got going on

I LOVE THEM TO BITS...... :wub:

c4ba2ff5-99f7-4409-b0a9-965050bda5d9_zps

Just needs a fraction more aggressiveness on the rears...which I will achieve as soon as I get the guards rolled.

67bbf14c-6573-47f5-9e1e-1afdb03def25_zps

Yeah the wing is a radical idea to say the least....I am hoping it pays off !!

I've been trying to justify the same rims in a different colour for my car over the last 3 years. Just cant seem to part with the $$$. but they look awesome. Gold goes really well

Keeping with the stealth look under the hood I swapped pod filters this afternoon.......

92e0f407-12ef-41fd-bb28-6b00309a1e6b_zps

Engine bay still needs major sprucing up and is only quarter way done...with the rocker covers next on the list for a nice black refresh !!

bf348702-219e-453e-b931-2fac82dd5d60_zps

Getting some Whiteline swaybars next......24mm and 22mm front and rear respectively...adjustable. Thoughts / suggestions / anything I need to know??

Reliable sources tell me they are possibly the best bang for buck upgrade suspension wise.