SAU Community

Spring Time In Japan (not 56k friendly!)

Demon Dave

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

we pay 50,000 yen a month for our place, which by Japanese (city) standards is both cheap and large (including large garden, twin car garage, and enough parking for several cars outside and a two floor out building with 3 rooms that I use a school). The downside (depending on how you look at it) is it's way out in the countryside with not much in the way of nite life (save for drifting :() and shopping. Though, my area is being rapidly developed, and at the rate it's going it wont be long before I feel I'm living in the city again...:)

I'm in Yamanashi, on a map, find fuji and it's the large valley to the north. 90 mins from Tokyo by train.

massive is a downside when it's an old massive house: freezing in winter and way too bloody hot in summer :):P Worst thing is, I always thought old style Japanese houses were designed so as to remain cool in summer, but our place is anything but! The wood seems to trap the heat, so often it's hotter inside than out! But I can't complain, it is cheap and the location was ideal for what we wanted it for (namely a school). We plan to move out within a couple of years, but our place and all...