SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

Yeah I've got two new O2 sensors. Car has always been a pig to drive until it got to about 1/5th on the water temp gauge then all of a sudden it goes into a different map and drives as if its come onto boost. Did it on standard ecu and now Nistune. So I'm a little concerned it might be the very expensive ignitor as most other things have been changed. Still makes a lot of power though :\ Realistically haven't got much different fuel economy from Tuned E85 to stock ECU on 98/100. So somethings definitely causing fuel to get raped in the first 5 minutes of driving more than it should..

Edit: To clarify I'm managing about 250kms daily driving, probably could get more but I'm not keen on finding out how fast the last bit of E85 disappears. This seems pretty low to me considering I don't thrash it at all.

Coolant temp sensor all good? What temperature range plugs are you running? Stock coils?

Well I got a second hand one with the car when I bought it so I'm gonna assume he changed it for a new one (coolant temp sensor).

New BKR6E gapped to .08

Splitfire coilpacks

New coilpack loom

AFMs just changed for another set

O2s new

Racepace use BKR plugs over BCPR or that your choice?

You might be right, truth be told it was just what came off the top of my head. Now I'm not sure which one. Regardless though whichever one it is its worked on countless cars so it SHOULD be fine in mine, it's the right plug for RB and E85 anyway..

Yeah just did some looking up on that and you're right. Shouldn't be the problem really and I'm pretty sure its BKR6E that we use not BCPR6E.

Looks like I'm going to have to just keep throwing parts at it, hard one to diagnose on the dyno as you have to leave it on overnight, check it in the morning on a cold engine and you have to know what sensors SHOULD be doing what at what temperature, and hope that you notice one of them change suddenly and more drastically. Even though all the other ones will change at the same time too.

can go past dat 3rd gear overtake move @ 80

It is good and that's what I do with my rolling drags, dropping to 3rd at 80 is actually my favourite move! Closely followed by 2nd at 50 when approaching lights and they turn from red to green...

lol my friend used to drop to second at 80

It is good and that's what I do with my rolling drags, dropping to 3rd at 80 is actually my favourite move! Closely followed by 2nd at 50 when approaching lights and they turn from red to green...

lol my friend used to drop to second at 80

You're gonna hate -9s on a 2.6 then! Had some kid try to be hektik in his stock GTST giving those little pulls next to me today at 80kmh. I geared down to 3rd and put the foot down, I basically just coasted away making small amounts of boost, it wasn't very impressive I must admit. That's with -7s as well!

they both work, it's just the BCP have a ~2mm longer electrode and contact slightly better

BKR wouldn't cause the issues, I was just curious

For this reason I use BCP...my coilpack springs are a bit short and I had random non firing cylinder issues

You're gonna hate -9s on a 2.6 then! Had some kid try to be hektik in his stock GTST giving those little pulls next to me today at 80kmh. I geared down to 3rd and put the foot down, I basically just coasted away making small amounts of boost, it wasn't very impressive I must admit. That's with -7s as well!

How much power you running?

May have to swap for -5s, but I love response and will take it over outright power any day

Also winning is winning haha

Speaking of, very easily dispatched of an Evo 8 off the line today...where he really should have got me...instead he got bogged down off the line and if that happens it's all over for a 2 litre turbo AWD

Do crashes necessitate a write off or can be a minor incident?

Thefts:

Ric

Borci

Birds

Tony

Alvin

Crashes:

Hamish's m8

Do bikes count? had 2 stolen :(

Forgot I wrote off a 33 when I was 18 as well lol.