SAU Community

Official Mw3 Thread

bish33

So it came out last night well midnight one of my housemates went to the launch so got him to grab me a copy. had one game this morning before work so can't say too much but seemed pretty good. Will play a bit more tonight.

So what's everyone else's Thoughts???

Cheers Jarad

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it is great on PC, it is pretty much a prettier version of MW2 With different guns.

The layout of the server lists main screen is all the same just different colours.

But the thing is there was a couple of things i disliked about MW2 and they have seemed to fix them all.

so over all im Happy and loving the game. :)

Me n Best friendsTom (down.syde and TOMZKIES) were second and fourth in the world on pc at 2am but since i went to sleep for work he has been playing all night only just went to sleep and he was still second highest rank in world on PC

Got my copy lastnight, didn't know about the midnight presale/launch, a mate told me about it so I hopped along. Only 29 people at the place I went to lol, so easy, I was home by 12:10am...

First impressions were emotions of rage, I got fucked up by the hardcore players and campers. Am also used to the aesthetic simplicity of blops maps...these are much more detailed and complex. Menu system, confusing as hell because I never owned MW2. Someone was already up to level 34 wtf? Will have a decent play of it tonight.

First impressions were emotions of rage, I got f**ked up by the hardcore players and campers. Am also used to the aesthetic simplicity of blops maps...these are much more detailed and complex. Menu system, confusing as hell because I never owned MW2. Someone was already up to level 34 wtf? Will have a decent play of it tonight.

yeah same here, game play is different to black ops, i had limited play of MW2.

got home played single player first, great graphics, then switched to multilayer and thought what the crap its the same engine as MW2, thought they would atleast upgrade the graphics

i reckon black ops graphics are better in multi-player....

They brought back all the titles and emblems you can unlock so im fairly pleased in that aspect, I got the gold M4A1 title for MW2 and havnt touched it since. Didnt think it would be this similar to MW2 to be honest

Bought it on the PS3 today for $48. Had actually been playing a fair bit of MW2 recently as I got bored with GT5 & Black Ops never really grabbed me.

Started with the Campaign and played for an hour before switching to the online multi-player.

Like many I got annihilated by guys at level 30+ who had obviously sussed out the levels and had better weapons where as I was just running around looking at the new maps.

Game play seems very similar to MW2 which is no bad thing but it seems that you have to be more accurate with grenade launchers and throwing grenades took longer to explode that I expected.

Again I only played for an hour before going to the parents farm for din dins.

About to jump back on and see if the Australian servers still have enough people to avoid lag otherwise I'll switch back to campaign.

I'm writeoff3 on the PS3 network.

Is it worth buying? From all the reviews I've watched/read MW3 seems to be just one big expansion of MW2. New maps and guns, with tweaks to the perks/kill sprees, but no actually gameplay difference.

I'm loving BF3 still, so I might just hold off on MW3.

Bought it on the PS3 today for $48. Had actually been playing a fair bit of MW2 recently as I got bored with GT5 & Black Ops never really grabbed me.

Started with the Campaign and played for an hour before switching to the online multi-player.

Like many I got annihilated by guys at level 30+ who had obviously sussed out the levels and had better weapons where as I was just running around looking at the new maps.

Game play seems very similar to MW2 which is no bad thing but it seems that you have to be more accurate with grenade launchers and throwing grenades took longer to explode that I expected.

Again I only played for an hour before going to the parents farm for din dins.

About to jump back on and see if the Australian servers still have enough people to avoid lag otherwise I'll switch back to campaign.

I'm writeoff3 on the PS3 network.

Where did you get MW3 on the PS3 for $48? I would be keen to get it for that price :thumbsup: