SAU Community

Official Mw3 Thread

bish33

Despite all the rage, I still want the working day to end so I can go home and play...

I have it on 360. Haven't tried multiplayer split screen, but I can't see why it wouldn't accept 4 players. You can't do 4 players with Special Ops though. Anyone played this yet? It's the MW3 equivalent of zombies...not bad...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Despite all the rage, I still want the working day to end so I can go home and play...

I have it on 360. Haven't tried multiplayer split screen, but I can't see why it wouldn't accept 4 players. You can't do 4 players with Special Ops though. Anyone played this yet? It's the MW3 equivalent of zombies...not bad...

Had a go at the resistance one where you have to survive wave after wave of enemy, thought it was quite good, Bit of strategy involved with being able to pick what guns, grenedes and assits you get. I thought it was pretty good.

Getting better at online, but holy S@#$ some people have been playing a bit to much I think. Played a game before where I got owned by people who knew the map a hell of alot better then me lol

was anyone else disappointed with this game? for me all it was, was a continuation of the story. the game itself was exactly the same but with a couple different weapons. not sure what i was expecting but i dont think it lives up to the hype at all. i returned mine to ebgames and then went and bought battlefield 3 for about two thirds the price, much happier with that now.

also in the multiplayer there was no infinite sprint perk, just "extended sprint". that really shits me having to move at walking pace most the time.

Well, I was browsing the JB website and saw that you can trade in Batman for MW3. No brainer really.. Batman will be fun for a couple of weeks, MW3 will be months at least!

Except now my stupid housemate is using the TV grumble grumble.

EDIT: If any of you guys wanna play my gamertag is sherbert86 :)

Edited by SoFreshSoClean

First Impressions:

There are thousands, if not millions more phags that play this game than BF3. I'm of the opinion that sniper rifles are overpowered.. one body shot kills, what's that all about?

Graphics are much, much shittier. Very smooth though!

However, despite the phags and shitty graphics, I still found it to be a lot of fun. Will be better with some mates and beer though :)

Edited by SoFreshSoClean

Have been playing for most of today and really enjoying it. The usual problem of campers is annoying the shit out of me but other than that im enjoying it. Good fun when playing with a group of mates online!!!

Single player games isnt too bad either. Sort of finishes it off...anyone else played it through?? What did you think??

Not too badthe game it is fun but yeah will be better when learn the maps. Has anybody else noticed graphic glitches like when you get close to walls or stuff it automatically moves you somewhere really annoying and also the fact sometimes when youve been shooting someone 568643times and rhey dont die then on kill camyousee that you never shot em at all wtf.

played a bit over the weekend and most of the issues with lag and dropouts have gone... was having issues playing with a certain mate but he has opened his NAT which seems to have fixed it

getting better... helps with blind eye pro, assassin pro and a silenced Scar I never pop up on enemy radar or be detected by air support... no more getting slammed by predators or hosed by choppers... best way for flanking campers... god I hate campers... or dudes that are prone like 75% of the time

went 31/7 last night with a 14 kill-streak... even better was I was playing against a mate at the time... he immediately signed off after that game lol

funny I like the game more when I'm not getting completely hosed... weird

tho still going to get BF3 and give that a go

LOL also running those perks, it's the only way I can play and make positive KDRs.

This lovely little gadget seems to have fixed my issue with turning the corner and dying in half a second...it kills them in 1/3 of a second :rofl2:

pp90m1-1.jpg

Now I just have to deal with sniping, camping and proning scum. Fuck, there was one map where 9/12 players were using a sniper rifle...6 of them were in the same clan...I left it straight away, not going to deal with that shit, wasn't even a sniping map.

• 2 weeks later...

Am loving the riot shield for lulz at the moment...I actually finish the game with positive KDRs using it. The trick is to use it on the less "open" maps; aim for close quarter combat. Get a few kills until you get the melée upgrade, which gives you a faster bash attack...hilarity ensues. People actually start running fom you as if you're a terminator, and they rage up hard!

No one uses this weapon so they don't expect someone to come running towards them with a shield...you can really catch them off guard.

Had a bit of my brothers copy earlier...Seems pretty much identical to MW2, with new maps and some new features etc...Didn't play for that long to see all the new stuff, but noticed a few nice additions...XP points for confirmed kills in ground war, voting on 2 maps in the lobby etc

Might purchase it...still undecided.

Anyone traded MW2 for it at JB/EB etc? If so, how much did you get for it?

Can get MW3 for around $70 on ebay so just weighing up if it's worth trading in MW2 or not

Had my best k/d ratio the other night. 26 kills/8 deaths. Was fairly happy with that

It seems alto better now that some of the phags have prestiged and disappeared (or it seems to me)

Still enjoying it. even if its not as good as bf3 :)

You're not normal if you don't swear at your TV.

Loving the striker right now...tis the MW3 equivalent of the silenced spas in blops...very satisfying kills.

love how you can hear the guy you just killed for 1-2 seconds after they die... had a guy shoot at me from behind last night only to have me spin around and headshot him... he was raging badly lol

hard to not swear when you get killed, don't want to give them the satisfaction of knowing I'm pissed off... I just say stuff like 'camping bitch, I'm coming to find you' :ph34r: