SAU Community

SAU 1/4 Mile Times (v2)

benm

Yeah - I'm getting my guards lipped so I can fit some nitto's under the back.

Hopefully then I'll get a decent time! :D

Cheers,

matt

Matt with that MPH and a better 60ft you'll into 11's easy.

awesome must makin some hp?

Updated !

R33vit.. seen you stage against a loud v8 and expected you a slow pass (damn those cars are loud when your trying to listen to your own cars revs). Was quite surprised when you got to the other end in only 13.3 what changes have you done to your launching technique coz I want a 1.89 60ft :D

Last week I was launching on the potenzas as if they where my Grid II's (wrong)

this week I was launching from 5k as always but insted of feeding the power I was just nailing it from 5k.. Gotta love the potenzas:aroused: .. The New Power FC helps a lot too.:)

BTW - All the talk about reaction times, in my case, it was a Dial Your Own time, and I was racing a slower car! So for a bit over a second, I was sitting there watching the other car dissappear into the distance!

Still caught him tho :D

Cheers,

matt

Ben,

There seems to be some discrepencies with the reaction times on your list... I know it doesn't really count for much but just thought I would mention it...

At Willowbank, a 0.400 is a perfect reaction... Anything less is a red light... It seems this is different at WSID where a 0.000 is a perfect reaction?

This is likely to be the case at a few other tracks...

Make of it what you will...

I think at wsid, it counts down the .400 (time it takes for last amber to turn green from memory) then gives you your r/t above that, so a .001 at wsid is possibly a .401 at willowbank. Can anyone confirm this?

At WSID when the light turns green the r/time starts. So if your r/time is 0.500 it took you 0.5sec to reaction to the green light. In 10yrs of watching drag racing i've never seen it any other way.

I disagree Ben... I've only ever seen perfect reaction times of 0.4...

If you read page 10 of the following rulebook from ANDRA, all will be clear...

http://www.andra.com.au/technical/drafts/i...credentials.pdf

And I quote:

The best reaction time possible is four tenths of a second - that’s the gap between the last amber light flashing and the green light coming on.
It appears to me that WSID are doing things slightly different from the norm... All I can suggest is you add 0.4 to the reaction times listed on WSID timeslips...

BenM you obviously havent been watching drag racing too closely over those 10 years then. Pre 2002 A perfect reaction time was a 0.4 Time between The last amber lighting and the green light lighting. Therefore anything before 0.4 was a false start,red light situation. With the invent of LED staging lights in 2002 NHRA changed the system to what it is now where -ve numbers are brake outs the over 0 is your reaction time. A few months later ANDRA also adopted this scheme.

A bit hard to tell what scheme each Track is using they all should be using the new system if they are andra approved tracks.

Have you ever raced DYO?

matt

Ive raced DYO quite a few times, and witnessed many more national events. Reaction time Has nothing to do with the other car. That is the phsycical time of it. DYO often causes brake outs when the chasing car becomes to impatient. But Even in Handicapt index events reaction time starts when your light goes green.

How many DYO events have you done?