SAU Community

Formula One 2012

N1GTR

Ferrari and Redbull both made epic, epic fail-calls on Gonzo and Sebs tyre strategy.

It was great.

p.s- Good to see Shooey DNF yet again too :thumbsup:

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to be the biggest McLaren fan. But I just cannont like Hamilton

Remember what I said to :P

nah they raced better this weekend. Really really dont know what Ferrari and RBR were thinking. After the botched Mclaren pitstop I would have pulled both cars in straight away. I thought they might have been going slightly longer to switch to super softs but I guess they just wanted to screw themselves over

What a great race, but I can't help but think it would have been even better if there was no DRS. Having everyone waiting for an easy pass in the DRS zone when there's a bunch of other spots on track that good racing could see a pass stick is a bit dissappointing. Tradtional slipstreaming and braking duels would be far more welcome. Maybe they'll hear me and trail a no DRS for Montreal next year?

As always, it's the great tracks that flesh out a great race!

^ +1

Being Chin and watching someone pass you with DRS down the straight must be sad. Then when your behind the next lap, pop the DRS and still make no ground on them because your car is so slow in a straight line :(

The RBR cars are quick - quali proves that, but when all the passing seems to be done with DRS, it doesn't seem to be the right weapon. The Lotus with the frog engine seems fast, so its obviously in the RBR design.

^ +1

Being Chin and watching someone pass you with DRS down the straight must be sad. Then when your behind the next lap, pop the DRS and still make no ground on them because your car is so slow in a straight line :(

The RBR cars are quick - quali proves that, but when all the passing seems to be done with DRS, it doesn't seem to be the right weapon. The Lotus with the frog engine seems fast, so its obviously in the RBR design.

How do you think they would feel without drs when they get in the slipstream of the car in front and the car in front just pulls away? At least with drs the slower cars have a chance to keep up. from what i saw, the majority of drs passes in Canada were done with ease, so without drs those passes would've just been braking zone passes, but still done with ease. The passing car was already right on the gearbox of the car I'm front before they got to the activation zone. There was no long range passes like we have seen previously

Are you more satisfied as a spectator and/or enthusiast with a pass done under DRS, or a pass done under brakes? Or don't care either way?

I disagree that it would have been "done with ease" if they didn't have DRS. Thats the whole point of the bloody system- more passes = more "entertainment" for the masses.

Anyway- what the hell went wrong with Schumachers wing!? And why did they send him back out of the pits with the wing open after the muppets jumped on it and the thing still wouldn't close!?

After more than a year of DRS, ill admit im a fan. It keeps the show moving

The Trulli train is now a thing of the past. I fcuking hated when that happened and allowed those lucky to be in front to just run away killing any chance for a decent fight.

Once they sort out the zone lengths and activation areas it should be good for years

The Trulli train is now a thing of the past. I fcuking hated when that happened and allowed those lucky to be in front to just run away killing any chance for a decent fight.

Once they sort out the zone lengths and activation areas it should be good for years

Sometimes, some tracks, DRS works. But, don't you feel Canada offered plenty of slipstreaming in areas of the track prior to the DRS zone? I do, but it was obvious that although they "could" have gone for the pass there and then, they instead elect to wait for the "no brainer" DRS zone where they just get a free ticket to pass.

I'm just saying, I don't think that THIS track needs DRS.

And Harry..... where art thou? Paging Harry.... you angry old f**ker.....

yeah the big problem with f1 cars is that the closer they get to the car in front, the slower they get, as you often see by a car that can catch the car in front by a second a lap, but the moment they get within a few car lengths they end up going as slow as the car in front, then spend 10 laps trying to get past. then when they do get past they dissapear off into the distance. drs helps the fast guys get past. if it is an even battle, then if they get past with the drs then on the next lap they may get overtaken back once they get to the drs zone again.

like I've been saying for ages, the real issue is the way the downforce is generated on the car. you could solve the whole problem by getting the floor of the car to do most of the work via fan assisted (but regulated) ground effect

but do you think anyone listens?..,

like I've been saying for ages, the real issue is the way the downforce is generated on the car. you could solve the whole problem by getting the floor of the car to do most of the work via fan assisted (but regulated) ground effect

but do you think anyone listens?..,

doesn't even need to be fan assisted...

DRS is a bandaid solution to a much broader problem that the FIA themselves created by the way they structured their regulations regarding the development of varying areas of the car and engine.

Didn't they ban Fan assisted ground effect? Not sure if anyone got to race with it but I remember reading something about it.

Anyone remember when they were gonna bring out double rear wings to increase overtaking? wing over each wheel and big gap in the middle. That would have looked strange :P