SAU Community

Because Race Car Thread

zebra

Because I keep forgetting to check up on what is going on with everyone's race car builds and progress, and most of the motorsport guys wanting their builds in here.

I figure, Why not have a thread where people can talk shit about their tin-top builds / race results / blow ups / event coverage.

I spose I will accept the two fancy pants kids with their Radicals too :thumbsup:

So yeah, Who is doing what and when?

So atm I am in talks with nsw production touring cars about getting the Supra homologated for Group 3E.

If that all goes ahead the long drawn out build will start...eventually.

If they knock it back (is a possibility due to there being stuff all info about them, and the Workshop manual is only in Japanese >_< ) I'll have to have a long hard think about what to do with it.

Could either convert it to the 3L Turbo A spec (swap the 1JZ for a 7M-GTE and find a Turbo A intercooler...lol good luck)

or just run it in MRA/iRace

Finally getting my p.o.s tuned after about 2 years of owning/building it, hopefully ready for the start of 2012.

Still lots of little things to finish up, tow hooks, under trays, vents, brackets, windows, etc.

post-19425-0-63339700-1323551397_thumb.jpg post-19425-0-26707000-1323552358_thumb.jpg

Edited by CameronBNR32

Haha the motor and suspension will be left alone

A cage is just 1 thing lol

Why would you bother with an MA70 supra when the engine/suspension is to be left alone?

They are a nugget car after you've thrown 20k at them let alone with 2k spent.

Go buy an s13 (s13 not 180sx so it can be run in IPRA) spend 2k on the car 4k on modifications and go racing.

Happily ever after.

Does it still comply with Targa regs?

No it doesn't, when I bought the car it was, over the last 2 years I've pulled it down and rebuilt/modified it with no rule book/class in mind, I plan to use it in sprints/time attacks type events.

I have just left the stickers on all this time.

Finally getting my p.o.s tuned after about 2 years of owning/building it, hopefully ready for the start of 2012.

Still lots of little things to finish up, tow hooks, under trays, vents, brackets, windows, etc.

post-19425-0-63339700-1323551397_thumb.jpg post-19425-0-26707000-1323552358_thumb.jpg

Looks great, what state are you going to be tracking it in? If it is nsw you should come do some sscc or mra events with us.

Sorted... and how about some pics of this abomination you now own Zebra. You have to be the most bipoloar person in the forum wth regards to plans, cars you buy etc :)

Still could not PM for some reason, left a comment.

Sorted... and how about some pics of this abomination you now own Zebra. You have to be the most bipoloar person in the forum wth regards to plans, cars you buy etc :)

Haha yes. I think that too lol

Problem being that most of my previous projects have been expensive and needed a lot of work or been unreliable

This one I picked up for 4k has semi decent suspension, nice lightweight enkei wheels and being the R model has bigger sway bars and a torsen LSD and recaros from factory.

Only major hurdle is that has a built auto with 2800 stall

But should be able to sell it for the same money a 5 speed goes for. So will just be up for a clutch and a pedal box which are fairly cheap.

Will never be quick (neither will I for that matter) but should be reliable and a bit of fun which is all I want

I did seriously think about an S13 or a cheap skyline

But I have always had a soft spot for the a70's (and pop up lights lol)

Will add a couple of pics when I jump on the computer

No 3E for me :(

Not enough info freely available on the car to have it homologated, can be done, but would be pushing shit uphill trying to get a Japanese factory workshop manual translated lol