SAU Community

Volk Te37's Rims - Amongst The Nicest On A R33 Gtr?

Hi fellas,

It's time for a rim upgrade for my R33, so decided on a set of Volk TE37's with 4 x TE37 18 + 10.5+15 for a GTR in gloss BLACK.

I was tossing between a set of LMGT4's but decided on TE37's as I felt a 6 spoke rim looks nicer on a Skyline. What you guys think of these and where can I get a set of authentic Rays / Volk Racing stickers as the set I'm getting has the stickers but they're a bit faded.

Do you guys agree that TE37's look tough on a GTR?

DO YOU HAVE ANY PICTURES WITH THESE RIMS ON YOUR GTR?

te371910512mb1.jpg

wheels1.jpg

pic1174153812635.jpg

0-0-dreamcumtru.jpg

Edited by Spunky Munky

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 37s look tough on most of the skylines in my opinion. Plus to anyone that knows there stuff there a real head turner and will be highly appreciated (followed by fits of jelousy over not having a set for themselves :P). good choice man, the lmgt4s would of look tough also...

I'd give the go ahead with either LMGT4 / TE37.

On The Run Motorsport are based in Melbourne and they sell the genuine 'Repair Sticker Kits' if you want new stickers for TE37's.

And they have the choice of Black / Blue / Red Sticker Kits to match the correct TE37 wheel.

the 37s look tough on most of the skylines in my opinion. Plus to anyone that knows there stuff there a real head turner and will be highly appreciated (followed by fits of jelousy over not having a set for themselves :P). good choice man, the lmgt4s would of look tough also...

Yeah I agree with you mate - the TE37's are probably the nicest rims to ever come out of Japan followed by the LMGT4's...they look good on all Skylines for sure...loved how you describe people's fit of rate when seeing them...for like $4.5K brand new I guess there is some logic why most people would choose not to go ahead with a set and rightfully so too...but I'm lucky, going to pick up a good set for $2.5K. What you think of this price range?

Thanks mate.

I'd give the go ahead with either LMGT4 / TE37.

On The Run Motorsport are based in Melbourne and they sell the genuine 'Repair Sticker Kits' if you want new stickers for TE37's.

And they have the choice of Black / Blue / Red Sticker Kits to match the correct TE37 wheel.

Much appreciated bro - great info will definitely need a set.

Thanks.

:)

Post pics when done!

For sure mate...

HEy what would be the best tyre profies?

Front 235/45/18

Rears 225/45/18

Also, does anyone know what the legal amount of tread remaining on wheels are in VIC? The rims I am getting will come with 50% tread left on all 4 rims - is this still legal? With the money I spending, don't want to spend more cash on tires until a few months' time.

Thanks.

For sure mate...

Front 235/45/18

Rears 225/45/18

Also, does anyone know what the legal amount of tread remaining on wheels are in VIC? The rims I am getting will come with 50% tread left on all 4 rims - is this still legal? With the money I spending, don't want to spend more cash on tires until a few months' time.

Thanks.

you do know that those tire sizes will be very stretched on the size of the rims you want.

For sure mate...

Front 235/45/18

Rears 225/45/18

You might want to put the wider tyres at the rears.

Like what JnJ said, it'd be stretched, with 18 x 10.5 so you might want to go at least a 255.

Preferably run all same size tyres all round.

Thanks.

50% is fine, as long as you are not down to the indicator mark.

But I would be buying new tyres anyway.

Shop around and compare prices.

Tyrepower Hawthorn / North Melbourne and On The Run Motorsport can all do good prices on high quality tyres.

You might want to put the wider tyres at the rears.

Like what JnJ said, it'd be stretched, with 18 x 10.5 so you might want to go at least a 255.

Preferably run all same size tyres all round.

50% is fine, as long as you are not down to the indicator mark.

But I would be buying new tyres anyway.

Shop around and compare prices.

Tyrepower Hawthorn / North Melbourne and On The Run Motorsport can all do good prices on high quality tyres.

Thanks matey.

Appreciated it muchly.

• 1 month later...

275/285/295 is ideal.

265 is a bit more common, therefore a bit cheaper, so people tend to buy them. Just a cycle.

Just like 235/45/17s, commonly used and cheap in most brands.

Volk TE 37 Superlaps on a Midnight Purple R33 GTR? Thoughts or pics of one??

would look very good. i just recently fitted matt black rims to my mnp r33 gtr n looks alot better than before in my opinion.

do a google search and some images should come up of the sl's on a gtr.

i will be putting some new photos up in the photography section once my abflug rear diffuser arrives from japn

also pretty sure that sunline racing used to use those tcII on their carbon r34 so they must be pretty good if a high class tuner in japan would use them for a time attack car