SAU Community

Volk Te37's Rims - Amongst The Nicest On A R33 Gtr?

^Re: above comments about 18x11s: I had 18x11 +18 on my 34 GTR and although they looked sweet I couldn't get full lock due to the inside of the wheel rubbing against the suspension upright (Doing 3 point turns around hairpins at Galston Gorge is pretty embarrassing :P). I could have probably spaced them out to avoid this but they were already flush/just outside the guard on the front so it would have made it a fair bit worse.

Back to 10s now and I'm happy that I can turn moderately tight turns :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would look very good. i just recently fitted matt black rims to my mnp r33 gtr n looks alot better than before in my opinion.

do a google search and some images should come up of the sl's on a gtr.

i will be putting some new photos up in the photography section once my abflug rear diffuser arrives from japn

also pretty sure that sunline racing used to use those tcII on their carbon r34 so they must be pretty good if a high class tuner in japan would use them for a time attack car

I am pretty keen to get them, but still not sure about the gun metal on a midnight purple hmmm

^Re: above comments about 18x11s: I had 18x11 +18 on my 34 GTR and although they looked sweet I couldn't get full lock due to the inside of the wheel rubbing against the suspension upright (Doing 3 point turns around hairpins at Galston Gorge is pretty embarrassing :P). I could have probably spaced them out to avoid this but they were already flush/just outside the guard on the front so it would have made it a fair bit worse.

Back to 10s now and I'm happy that I can turn moderately tight turns :)

Oh really, that is a bit of a pain. I really would like a set of 18x11 or 18x11.5 would be even better because you can go to a 315 tyre (I think) comfortably.

I am pretty keen to get them, but still not sure about the gun metal on a midnight purple hmmm

n11smo is selling Gold ADVAN RG I (discontinued) rims with plenty of rubber atm.

Gold on MNP is superb!

I know i'll piss people off but seriously over GTC's,

One of the most over used Jap wheels. TE37's are common but bloody effective. I'd still buy a set for mine eventually as track wheels one day

I know i'll piss people off but seriously over GTC's,

One of the most over used Jap wheels. TE37's are common but bloody effective. I'd still buy a set for mine eventually as track wheels one day

I think the GTC's - regardless of face and lip whatever, is ugly and does not justice to a GTR or any Skyline at all. The spokes looks ugly in my personal opinion. I think the TE37 looks best then followed by the LMGT4 and that's about it. Everything else is a hit and miss thing. Boring I agree, but better be safe than sorry.

What other rims do people rock in their Skylines nowadays? Anything original?

In terms of the looks department, what are the major differences between a standard set of TE37's and the SL version?

Thanks.

Same style / looks but made slightly different.

59652500.jpg

A forged 1 piece wheel.

Success of 400 grams weight loss on the 18x10.5 size was achieved using the latest technology and mold form tooling while maintaining the same original strength and rigidiy as our current TE37 line-up.