SAU Community

Willall Racing 8 sec R32GTR in Victoria

Martin Donnon

Just a note for any of you that are interested. Keir Wilson is running his R32GTR against the best street style V8s on offer at Heathcote Raceway this weekend. Its a first time in a long time that this car has been in Victoria to race, so some of you might want to have a look. He hopes for some strong 8 second passes.

For information on the program - www.ls1dragnationals.com.au

it has already run an 8sec pass (8.84)but was on MT street slicks which are not radial tyres so didnt count in the HPI Street Drags but apprantely his got heaps more power now should be good might try and make it down.

Got there pretty late, around 2pm. As i walk pass these huts where i change spark plugs after a run and stuffs, i walked pass the GTR, i proudly told my mate that this GTR is gonna make those LS1 boys have a second though about their car.

Got to the stand, sat there watching these LS1 roaring pass ( most took their zorst off ), kept waiting to see the GTR but NO, so i decided to walk to there make myself look stupid and ask them if the GTR is gonna run today and i think it was Keir himself told us that the box has gone so i push the GTR into the container already.

Oh well maybe next time, i'm keen skyline man LOL.

they still use the hollinger , they also fixed that issue last i herd, quote from Hpi issue 40

"it was a simple non load bearing part of the selector mechanism that would fracture and select 2 gears at once , obviously when this ocurred the resulting failure was catastrophic, now we have engineered our own fix with a billet selector arangement,

they then went on 2 say that if anyone else with gtrs has this problem they are more than willing 2 help out and supply parts.

also a os giken gearset would have no chance with keir wilson power levels,

, the os giken still has shifting issues aswell, such as the stock gearbox, the os giken gear set still has a mismatched 3rd gear....