SAU Community

Your 2011 In Cars

Mine was pretty shite but a similar thread on a forum i cant post on had some interesting stories so im sure theres some gold to be shared on these here fine pages..

kms/

25k, mostly in the Line, biggest drive was down to Melbourne for the SAU nats, only one ticket and that was after about 2300kms and the first in five years so cant whinge too much.

rentals/

One BMW 335 while in Hawai, had a blast circling the small island and pretty much driving like an idiot, left the local rust buckets for dead though i did leave feeling a little miffed i didnt at least try a Mustang/Vette/Viper...next time, when im more cashed up!

trackdays etc/

lost count but at least 6 or 7, mostly at Wakefield, brought my PB down to 1.12.01 which is pretty good seeing the 33 is mostly stock and i am yet to try these 'slicks' people speak of..Also made to the Stagea cruise, Berry cruise, Megalong valley cruise, Putty rd cruise and one of the SAU general meeting thingies. Every event only reinforced my belief that this is by far the best club/community going and as far as i can see things can only get better from here.

oh and cant fail to mention the Nats, absolutely fricking amazing!

bring on the 2012 SAU calender, im aiming to be at every event my batered wallet will let me attend!

own car/

spent 8k or so on servicing, tyres and mods. So basically i bought the car all over again and all i have to show for it is a beaten up CF bonnet, an engine that stalls as soon as i back off, a misfiring coil pack and and and....aaaargh!:domokun:

still things can only improve, 2012 should see it tuned properly (third times the charm eh) and my times at the track seriously drop.

anyone else willing to dish on their triumphs, pitfalls and just plain weird car related shenanigans of 2011?

Haven't modded a single car this year. Was nice to just have a reliable falcon to cruise around in without having to worry. Put about 40k on it in the past year. Nice change from 2010 when I was doing engine conversions and 5 speed conversions on my ute and my project car. I get my opens in Feb so hopefully I can find a skyline and start all over again with a car that's worth modifying :)

well i clocked up about 26,000kms in my commodore since march just driving to and from work. would've clocked up another few thousand in the pulsar as well driving around town. no mods (unless you call pulling lowered suspension out of the commodore and putting stock suspension back in because it was cheaper than a camber kit).

lol bought a KE30 rolla. Rallied the shit out of it. Can't seem to kill it. Now selling it

Blew my daily commodore motor (big end)

So drove skyline and popped 3rd cylinder 5 days later.

"I HATE CARS"

Swapped motors in both over 3 weekends. Did a skid.

"I LOVE CARS!"

Bought a 180sx to setup for drift (rb25 conversion) Done bit of work on it cosmetically and interior wise. DEC '11

Purchased VE SS wagon DEC '11

Plans for 2012.

rb25 180sx drifta

ss wagon daily

R33 fun streeter

Propose to mrs :ph34r:

Sell KE30 rolla and 180sx engine/gearbox/crossmember etc. Hopefully together :whistling:

Sell commodore (on carsales)

sell other commodore

Buy more tools!! Stay unemployed till next financial year

I did about 20,000km on my 33 GTST.

After owning my car for almost 2 years, midway through 2011 I entered the SAU and SAU:VIC communities and was welcomed with open arms.

Such a friendly bunch.

Bunch of mini cruises and a couple of SAU:VIC meetings.

August DECA was great fun and even through I had no clue how to drive properly on the backtracks or skidpan I came in 18th :)

November DECA was wet, wasn't as lucky with the ranking but still had a hell of a good time

SAU Nationals 2011 :D :D :D Awesome! Can't wait for next year.

And in the final few days of 2011 I made plans to start tracking my daily and set my plans into action by buying a whole bunch of gear so I can't back out of the decision even if I wanted to... :whistling:

Also, congrats Bluey!

Sold our XR8. Bought an EP91 Starlet.

Spent 000's on an R33 that doesnt move.

Now starting to mod my piece of sh!t Proton Persona. A car that you wouldnt even put petrol in if you saw it.....why? Because a friend of mine just bought an EK Civic and I think I have a chance of beating him :)

finished the year strong. The chair has never run better. Just today fitted a 100 mil trust intercooler to fix a restriction caused by the china jobby. Dyno again soon. Very confident of over 600 rwhp this time round.

Had a wonderful year with a mint 40th anniversary bone stock 33 gtst. (since sold)

The 33 gtr is in as we speak getting the dump and cooler piping done, Just a tune and a roady then and its up and running.

The 4.8 litre patrol just keeps moving mountains, embarrassing f350 owners at the lights and working its arse off.

All up I did my usual 150 thou kay in various cars and loved every minute of it.

Early January swapped my R31 sedan for a Kawasaki GPZ250 which has turned out to be more trouble than its worth. Ran fine for the first 6 months of the year but I think it has had about 4 weeks on the road for the other 6 months lol. Fixed it again over Christmas hopefully it will keep chugging along long enough for me to get my R license and I can upgrade to a newer 600.

Car wise my GTR has been fine this year only put 20kish?? on the clock this year since moving closer to work and uni. In the middle of the year it started making a weird noise which turned out to be the manfiold/turbo gasket on the rear turbo. Spent my christmas pulling it apart with Dad and fitting new -7s, R34 Dumps and a new front pipe. Just need to finish putting the intake side back together and install the new fuel pump, injectors and cam gears and then it is ready for a tune. Hopefully crack 300kw.

Also bought another R31 midway through the year. Went halves with Dad. This one is an R31 Ute haha. It's a bit of a wreck at the moment but it is a cool project for Dad and I to work on and hopefully get my little brother in on it aswell. We bought a donor car just before Christmas so we should be fairly busy for the next few months getting everything off the donor car into the ute and sorting out the paint/bodywork.

Plans for the year to try and get to a few proper track days out at QR or Lakeside and see what times I can get.

Edited by Beelzebub89

Started with an r32 gtst got the clutch replaced and put in a new turbo back exhaust

Sold it in May for $8000

Bought an s14 put in a new fmic and exhaust crashed it 7 weeks later

Then in September bought an s15 changed the stock cat back to an xforce and swaped the steering wheel over to the JDM leather one and thats as far as I've gotten

Edited by stig mick

Started with an r32 gtst got the clutch replaced and put in a new turbo back exhaust

Sold it in May for $8000

Bought an s14 put in a new fmic and exhaust crashed it 7 weeks later

Then in September bought an s15 changed the stock cat back to an xforce and swaped the steering wheel over to the JDM leather one and thats as far as I've gotten

Owned a perfect, immaculate S13 non turbo for 17 months. Crashed it last night.

Was the most raw, aggressive car I've been in. I'll never forget how beautiful it was to drive. It was so modest and humble.

Catching public transport from now on.

Going to save up for an R32 GT-R, or S14/S15 Silvia. Unless I find another mint S13.

Was the most raw, aggressive car I've been in.

Going to save up for an R32 GT-R, or S14/S15 Silvia. Unless I find another mint S13.

Funniest shit right there. Stick to the S13, with your driving history and abilities it will cost you less in excess for next crash :thumbsup: