SAU Community

Spotted: Classic Lines For Sale

D-limo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting manufacturer in his description? I wasn't aware N.S.U ever made this model??

Look at the address ....... ummm Minchinbury, sorta says it all for me???

I bet he has heard about Kuwait's silly pricing skills and wants to cash in on it going overseas. I know the GTR look-a-like went to Kuwait for $14500.00 plus all the shipping and the deal was cut after the ebay auction expired, but it was an exceptional car, without opening the bonnet, it was for all intents and purposes a full on GTR. It had the dash, interior, full body kit, badges, rear & lights etc, everything that was a GTR except it still had the original L24 engine.

This 24K car has nothing like it!!!

An interesting point for me is, Shannon's are quite content insuring my factory spec PNV for $30000.00, but they wont go higher than 20000.00 on the modified version and it cost a lot more to make it that way.

Cheers, D

I bet that C110 coupe will go for very good money. Straight, original hub caps, cool vinyl roof... I wouldn't be surprised if the ebay add gets yanked down early actually due to a bit of pre-auction-end-haggling.

Shame they cut the centre console though!

Yeah I thought the same Drew.

I'm constantly getting calls on my mobile from Saudi Arabia, my mobile was listed when I was selling the other 240K.

Please excuse my ignorance but why do they want them over there so much??

anyone spotted good restored 240K or C110 or even old Z's 240, 260 etc?... prefer cars that have already had the work done (good work), don't have to be completely original... even restomod style that might be running modern suspension, brakes motor etc... sorry to upset any purists :thumbsup:

think its time to get rid of the R and get into something with a bit of style... you can't use 95% of the GTR's power on the road anyway

anyone spotted good restored 240K or C110 or even old Z's 240, 260 etc?... prefer cars that have already had the work done (good work), don't have to be completely original... even restomod style that might be running modern suspension, brakes motor etc... sorry to upset any purists :thumbsup:

think its time to get rid of the R and get into something with a bit of style... you can't use 95% of the GTR's power on the road anyway

Keep GTR and get another car ;)

Never heard that term "restomod", quite like it!

Keep GTR and get another car ;)

Never heard that term "restomod", quite like it!

2 cars fit in the carport and for some reason the Mrs doesn't like parking on the street

yeah restomods are popular in the US with old muscle cars... kinda the best of both worlds, looks great but doesn't drive like a soggy old sponge... ruins the originality and you wouldn't want to do it with a real collectable

I'd still run the original motor, not a huge fan of engine swaps and an L series with big carbs/cams sound brilliant

blk180: yeah that's why I don't want to restore one myself... hard to find good ones that people have put money/time into that they're willing to let go of but if anyone has seen anything let me know

In complete honestly Nick, I'd consider bringing one over from Japan. I've been looking at prices of C110's and C10's and they average 25k-30k for some NICE cars. I'm not sure about import of C110's though as they were locally delivered as the KHGC110 (rather than Japan's KGC110) but maybe it doesn't matter due to age. Some HOT C10's around....mmmmm.

Last week there were two C10's that came up very quickly for sale. Everything pointed to genuine GTR's. Prices were both above 40k AUD. I'll find pics, hold on a bit

In complete honestly Nick, I'd consider bringing one over from Japan. I've been looking at prices of C110's and C10's and they average 25k-30k for some NICE cars. I'm not sure about import of C110's though as they were locally delivered as the KHGC110 (rather than Japan's KGC110) but maybe it doesn't matter due to age. Some HOT C10's around....mmmmm.

this is a good point :cheers:

2 cars fit in the carport and for some reason the Mrs doesn't like parking on the street

yeah restomods are popular in the US with old muscle cars... kinda the best of both worlds, looks great but doesn't drive like a soggy old sponge... ruins the originality and you wouldn't want to do it with a real collectable

I'd still run the original motor, not a huge fan of engine swaps and an L series with big carbs/cams sound brilliant

blk180: yeah that's why I don't want to restore one myself... hard to find good ones that people have put money/time into that they're willing to let go of but if anyone has seen anything let me know

As much as I'd love to see another classic being built, your car has character about it-it would be a real shame to see it go.

I don't like your chances of finding a half restored (to the level you're after) one around here. Better luck overseas. That C110 on eBay is a good base to start with given its complete but don't forget that these things are rare as in decent order locally, it's a case of beggars can't be choosers

A full house L series? Drooooooooool!