SAU Community

Stagea Fuel Consumption

adamskill

Lads,

Did a search, didnt help me too much. Just quickley, How many k's should one expect to get from a tank of fuel? my old 33 get about 350k's on a tank of 98, but it was pretty modified. justy wondering how the stag goes if its pretty much stock?

cheers adam

Edited by adamskill

I've got an RS4S with Yellowjackets, cat back, running 10psi, I drive spiritedly but don't flog it (no redline in every gear) and I get 400-420 around town and 500-520 down the highway sitting on 113km/h or there about. Hope that helps.

what are they like to drive? do they 'feel' as big as they look? (no offence intended)

i currently have a wrx wagon. it handles like a go cart, but its pretty heavily modified, and it really no suited to where i currently live. i cant even drive it up our road as its a dirt road on a farm.

looking for somthing that isnt too fragile, but looks the goods and handles/ preforms well, but still tame enought for the mrs to drive and not have to worry about her safety..

We expect around 14L/100km from the fat slug around town with 11L/100km on the highway but a reasonably modified stagea.

My R33 gets around 12-12.5L/100km around town with +280rwkw.

whats that equate to in terms of a full tank of fuel? how big is the fuel tank?

also any idea how different it is for a stck standard model?

My wife loves driving my stagea. I would pick the stagea over an Sti anyday of the week. If you have a heavy foot they will use fuel but considering they are a small 6 in a medium sized car it's expected.

Which model Stagea are you asking about?

From what I have read on here, it would seem that the M35's are generally lighter on fuel than the C34's, but again mostly depends on how it is driven.

I was getting similar numbers to STAG250 when I had my M35 (650-700kms per 70L) but that incorporated a fair bit of highway driving (although not all highway driving).

for my S2 RS4V managing roughly 300-350 out of 40L nd thats with a quarter of a tank left. as i dont like running below that. only engine mods are exhaust, nd boost to 11psi. hoping to get it a little better once i get my new ECU that is in there tuned.

Hi

After only a couple of tank refills I can report I can get around 720km/80l in my Pm35 350rx which equates to around 11l/100km in mostly city/suburban driving. Havent had a chance to get on the open road yet. In comparison, my modded 33 would average 12.5-13l/100km for 63l for the same driving, so Im stoked with its economy. Plus its got lots of torque I reckon. Thats using Shell V-Power in both.

Edited by YEE-HAA

In my 2002 m35 i only gt around 400 around town, 480 open road.

Think my car is running a bit rich, it blows a little bit of black smoke when accelerating and possibly pinging, anyone have any ideas what could be wrong??

any help much apreciated.

Think my car is running a bit rich, it blows a little bit of black smoke when accelerating and possibly pinging, anyone have any ideas what could be wrong??

Clean the AFM, change the plugs and air filter. If its still running rich there will be deeper issues like o2 sensor etc.

Are you using the highest grade petrol available? Check to see if you airfilter is cloged?

Clean the AFM, change the plugs and air filter. If its still running rich there will be deeper issues like o2 sensor etc.

There's some excellent new Blitz Panel Filters in the Stagea Classifieds!! :whistling:

Oh, and to stay on tpic. I get around 480 - 500km to the tank suburban driving (very little freeway travel)

Edited by prince_skyline