SAU Community

"steam Pipe" Single Turbo Manifolds On Fleabay....anyone Know Anythging About This Supplier And Their Products?

Andy B

Here is my manifold all wrapped up and on the car.

Not too happy with the wastegate pipe sits on top of the air con lines. I have wrapped those lines in reflective heat wrap so hopefully there protected enough.

Doing this again i would have ordered the manifold without a wastegate pipe and done it if the turbine housing.

I might even get some heat shielding in there for a bit more peice of mind.

Gate will also be sitting pretty close to the dump pipe

post-28286-0-80524800-1341799515_thumb.jpg

post-28286-0-93814600-1341799523_thumb.jpg

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread cleaned and edited.

If businesses wish to drum up business on SAU, they are required to pay trader fees - just like everyone else.

Refer here for further details:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/294953-are-you-a-business-want-to-advertise-on-sau-click-here/

If it continues, thread will be shut down. Simple.

Here is my manifold all wrapped up and on the car.

Not too happy with the wastegate pipe sits on top of the air con lines. I have wrapped those lines in reflective heat wrap so hopefully there protected enough.

Doing this again i would have ordered the manifold without a wastegate pipe and done it if the turbine housing.

I might even get some heat shielding in there for a bit more peice of mind.

Gate will also be sitting pretty close to the dump pipe

That air con pipe is relatively flexible, you can quite easily manipulate it away from the gate pipe so that it sits on top of the chassis rail. I had to do it with mine as there was no space for the screamer pipe. Just take your time and don't force it too much, it's not hard.

I also wrapped mine with reflective tape as well as wrapping the screamer with exhaust wrap. It's still all good. Can't say the same about my air con drain or the boot on my steering rack :laugh:

Edited by Hanaldo

Yeah it does have a little room to be moved out of the way but I used up the last on my metal cable ties on the manifold.

Thinking i might have to take the manifold off again tho stupid nuts getting stuck on new studds. I cleaned them up nice but i should have bought new ones( Silly me assuming they come with the studds)

Just hope i dont have to get more new studs now

Thread cleaned and edited.

If businesses wish to drum up business on SAU, they are required to pay trader fees - just like everyone else.

Refer here for further details:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/294953-are-you-a-business-want-to-advertise-on-sau-click-here/

If it continues, thread will be shut down. Simple.

Can't believe it took this long for a mod to step in.

I don't read "flea" bay threads usually as they are just filled with pointless arguments over cheap/poor quality parts - and low and behold, that's exactly what the thread was full of!

That said - there is a "report post" button on every single post. Doing so would get Admin attention.

I don't read "flea" bay threads usually as they are just filled with pointless arguments over cheap/poor quality parts - and low and behold, that's exactly what the thread was full of!

That said - there is a "report post" button on every single post. Doing so would get Admin attention.

Fair enough, I wasn't having a go at you, just surprised it wasnt said long ago. And I agree on all points.

I always browse SAU on my phone and it doesn't show the report button.

Edited by slippylotion

Thanks for nick's help we are officially a business trader on SAU, we will post up some pictures of the manifold on offer currently and if any one has any interest then please let me know, i will also start a new thread for any one interested. thanks again

Thanks for nick's help we are officially a business trader on SAU, we will post up some pictures of the manifold on offer currently and if any one has any interest then please let me know, i will also start a new thread for any one interested. thanks again

Yep start another thread - will be easiest. As long as it's one thread and mainly talking about product development (keep the sale stuff, to the sale area) - good to go.

Welcome aboard :)

Pity other businesses try to flout the rules but wont muster the cash :thumbsup:

Over the weekend i decided to put together my old rb20det , so i decided to go for one of our mild steel manifolds and a larger turbo, any ways a couple of pics of the install , i also found a couple dyno charts of our Gt3540 / water and oil cooled which i thought some of you might want too see.

20120711152402.th.jpg

20120711152413.th.jpg

img5451.th.jpg

img5452t.th.jpg

img5454k.th.jpg

The Dyno charts are not off a Rb20 both are off a 13B fd rx7 setup that my clients had built, sorry i didn't mention this earlier , i found these charts as we were cleaning up through some paper work so i thought ill put some figures up off the turbos that we do supply for people that may have interest,

i will put some figures of the turbos and manifolds being used with Rb motors soon, i am waiting for the tuner to send it to us.

Sorry for the confusion

So i got my car back together about two weeks ago, A r32 gtst rb20, got one these hybrid performance manifolds and a kinugawa td-06 20g 8cm with a genuine tial 38mm wastegate, had to weld up about 5 holes in the collector and get both flanges machined due to serious warpage which cost me around $150 trade pricing, heat wrapped it all and fitted up ok.. put a 1 bar spring in the gate and took it for a drive waste gate didnt open until 17psi and kept creeping up past 23psi before i backed off. pulled gate off and changed to 7psi spring took for a drive gate opened at 10psi then creeped slowly up to 15 then flew round to 23 at high revs, so then i thought my gate might be faulty. so i pulled another tial 38mm gate off my mates fj20 and fitted still the same trouble. I am running 6mm id reference line from inlet manifold, It would seem the manifold doesnt have the ability to control boost pressure,

Is any else running the same setup with good results? not sure what else to do

Yep I would say bad wastegate positioning but you get what you pay for.

So for you having now spent around $500 you could have spent around another $400 and saved the hassles with a better quality manifold. I know it nearly the original price agin but atleast it will work and last!

Where did you buy it from? Did you buy it brand new from Hybrid Performance or was it second hand? If it was brand new, why did you bother trying to fix it? I would have just got a refund. If it was second hand then I suppose it doesn't bode well for the life-span of these things, but really if you're buying second hand parts you have no idea what sort of life it has lived.

It was brand new! I fixed it because they were small holes in the collector welds and I welded them up myself. I also exPected the flanges to be warped.. Yea well other people think they work. Yep have to pay for a real manifold now I guess and build and a new exhaust. Easy to say over the moon...

I can't believe people rave on about these just because they are cheap.

Everyone rubbishes the china stainless manifolds for bad welds,design,cracking and warped flanges and these look to be not too different accept they are made from steam pipe so people think that automatically makes it a quality piece of gear.

Going from your manifold who is to say these won't crack either!

With the amount most of spend on our cars, do it right the first time and get a quality part that does its job correctly without having to fix it yourself to make it usable.

Edited by slippylotion

I can't believe people rave on about these just because they are cheap.

Everyone rubbishes the china stainless manifolds for bad welds,design,cracking and warped flanges and these look to be not too different accept they are made from steam pipe so people think that automatically makes it a quality piece of gear.

Going from your manifold who is to say these won't crack either!

With the amount most of spend on our cars do it right the first time and get a quality part that does it job correctly without having to fix it yourself to make it usable.

Who is raving? They looked decent for the price. They might not look as pretty as a 6Boost, but if they do the job then why not for a budget build? Those of us who do spend a lot of money on our cars most likely would go for a top quality manifold, but there's a market for those who value function over form.

Obviously holes and warped flanges is a whole other level of crap, but to be honest I don't understand why one wouldn't just send something like that back. Doesn't matter if it's a $50 manifold or a $2000 manifold, if it arrives in crap condition like that then just get a refund?