SAU Community

"steam Pipe" Single Turbo Manifolds On Fleabay....anyone Know Anythging About This Supplier And Their Products?

Andy B

Buy a tin of that german branded 'Rost Off' they use on trucks.

You will find it leaves a nastier residue but works a lot better for cracking nuts than WD40.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a good product too me, bet no one could produce one for the price if they made it themselves (taking in account for labour), hell ive seen one not even come close too there quality that took a 3 days too build (SR20 in a suzuki) by a custom shop and charged1300$ for it! mind you it was one of a kind because of how tight it had to be, but seriously, all you PRO welders out there crying about welds and collectors obviously have no idea how hard it is too weld tight bends in pipes or collectors, but im sure because you can weld an i beam perfect, you can make a manifold. Keep up the good work Kam!

Edited by 51NNA

You sure made your self look silly there mate half the welders that have commented on this post have or are making there own manifold. We are giving our professional opinion which is telling him what can be fixed and they are getting better.As for price it would be hard to beat but when making your own stuff you know how it's made and you decide the quality

Edited by Bsa

Are and Have are two different things and no doubt they experienced it first hand how much of a bitch it is too weld, then come on here and say "your welds are shit" meanwhile there diegrinding there f**ked up welds, im not telling anyone YOU HAVE TO BUY IT, just saying for the price the quality is perfect. 1200$ for a 6boost manifold is a joke, if it was 600-700$ it would be worth it, till then ile stick with a cheaper manifold that will produce the exact same result for 900$ less.

Edited by 51NNA

Are and Have are two different things and no doubt they experienced it first hand how much of a bitch it is too weld, then come on here and say "your welds are shit" meanwhile there diegrinding there f**ked up welds, im not telling anyone YOU HAVE TO BUY IT, just saying for the price the quality is perfect. 1200$ for a 6boost manifold is a joke, if it was 600-700$ it would be worth it, till then ile stick with a cheaper manifold that will produce the exact same result for 900$ less.

Quality is perfect for price = looks cheap and is

$1200 for a 6boost which is so highly regarded for those who have used them is a great bargain!

If you think you will get the same result with one of these and a 6boost you are sniffing paint.

That being said, these are an ultimate bargain for a budget build.

6boost manifolds are not a bargin, ive personally seen them perform worse then the stock manifold, the only thing that looks "cheap" is the collector, 6boost dont make theres, also they sell them seperate, so why dont you cut off there collector, weld a 6boost style one on it and still save 800$ :domokun:

Mate, while I understand what you are getting at, I don't think you can come on this forum with 100 posts and start telling members like Blake and Zebra and Simon that they don't know what they are talking about because they are well respected on here for their knowledge and experience. I also don't think you can say that their comments are unjustified. It is atleast constructive critism, they are telling Kam where there can be improvements made on his product. Kam's product has improved since he started posting on here due to some of the feedback he is getting.

As for 1200 for a 6Boost manifold, you should keep in mind that they also come with a lifetime guarantee. Out of interest Kam, do you offer something similar??

Mate, while I understand what you are getting at, I don't think you can come on this forum with 100 posts and start telling members like Blake and Zebra and Simon that they don't know what they are talking about because they are well respected on here for their knowledge and experience.

I hate this thought. Just because someone hasn't posted on here often doesn't mean they don't have great knowledge and experience on the subject compared to others that post a lot. They may well have more knowledge and experience but don't sit in front of a keyboard all day.

This comment is not directed at either parties but an overall opinion on the statement.

Im not saying they dont know what there talking about, im sure there internet knowledge on cars is great, but the real world is sometimes alot different, constructive criticism is one thing, but saying a monkey welded it is another.

6boost manifold are not perfect, how many have boost control issues? Roy went backwards with one. Friend of mine had to get his gate welded to his turbine housing for better boost control on his 6boost.

The collectors are pretty the welds are pretty and the price is pretty... expensive.

Saying all that i dont doubt they are a better manifold, but im chasing 400hp and in the future with a built engine 500hp i dont see this manifold have any issues with that goal.

Are you a welder or boilermaker? Do you know how a welding process works? I will say it again the product is good for what it is but would be better if the collector was ground out clean and welds tiged not miged But that's my personal opinion. Tho for the price these manifolds can't have those nice things done.

All the welders in this thread altho you are all correct, you are focusing too much on perfection since your in the trade you know the best way to do it and if you have any pride in the work you put out you would do it the best way possible

As long as they work well does this other stuff really matter that much?

Any inprovement over the stock/ebay stainless manifold is worth i expecially at this price.

I am starting to trial fit mine today will post an update if i get that far.

For some reasion when ever i work on my car beer gets in the way

Haha beers always get in the way. Maybe we are but seems to be helping the product quality which is good for you guys

Mate totally agree those sort of comments are constructive. The buy a decent manifold comments should be removed not helping anyone.

Any way nearly got the turbo off today. Couldnt find my 8mm ratchet spanner to undo the dump and got destracted cleaning the shed, then started setting up my rack and server and now im drunk.

Hopefully finish it off tomorrow

Edited by Crans

Hey guys

thanks for the posts

I would like to thank 5INNA for the positive comments and support , but i would also like to say there i don't like people putting down other fabricators or what not, i have full respect for 6boost and all the big names out there they do bring out a lot of good manifolds and products, The manifolds we make are caterd for other type of customers ones that are on low - mid budge that doesn't mean the quality of the manifold have to go down as seen most people who got theirs are happy and the more i see people are happy with the product the more we work harder to improve / provide you guys with things you want.

I personally don't see any problems with the welds we have been doing and if you see the images from the ones we have done recently which what they will look like from now on they are very strong clean welds.

I appreciate all the feedback given and every one who has pointed something out as we do take it on board and it helps us improve what we put out

Majority of the time people don't know how long it takes for us to put something out and if you are not a fabricator it could be slightly hard to see. But we have always been there to answer questions for people and make something decent and we will keep doing that for you guys,

If you guys need anything or questions feel free to PM me

Thanks again

Kam

Got the stock manifold off tonight, had the oppersite problem the studs had already been changed and not tightened enough so the nuts that got stuck just unscrewed the studd

stud still shiny and everything, previous owner changed the gaskit as it way not the stock one and obviously he re did all the studs. About time i had some luck on this car.

Will try to dummy fit the manifold tonight/tomorrow and get some pics up

I hate this thought. Just because someone hasn't posted on here often doesn't mean they don't have great knowledge and experience on the subject compared to others that post a lot. They may well have more knowledge and experience but don't sit in front of a keyboard all day.

This comment is not directed at either parties but an overall opinion on the statement.

Ditto...whether I agree with someones post or not...their post count doesn't really mean much. Each post stands on its merit....nothing to do with post count.

Air is very farking lazy and will happily rocket down the path of least resistance....in light of what is going on in turbines and exhaust housings, provided there isnt any meaningful misalignment in the pipes or flanges etc I doubt you would realise a real performance difference between an immaculately profiled, fitted and tig'd manifold and what is being sold here.

This weeks thinking for me is ( :) ) if you are expecting a performance difference you really need to look at the design....so runner lengths, 6-1 vs 6-2-1 manifolds, std log manifolds etc. Not whether you have near knifed edged collectors or mig vs tig etc