SAU Community

"steam Pipe" Single Turbo Manifolds On Fleabay....anyone Know Anythging About This Supplier And Their Products?

Andy B

Stoked with a manifold that's no better than a cheap china stainless item. IMO these look really bad and I wouldn't use one if I was given it but that's my opinion.

Why are you guys using them beside being cheap?The only gain I see you getting is being able to say you have a steam pipe manifold but NOT a quality built manifold!

Now sits back and awaits the b*tching instead of people listening to an opinion with out taking offense!

So you have owned and used both the cheap chinese s/s manifold and one of these and can offer an opinion from experience. NO? Well I can.

This manifold works, It doesnt crack or break or buckle or twist or warp, It simply directs exhaust gas through the turbo and does it quite well with zero problems. I have no issue reccomending this product to those on a budget build simply because its a hassle free mod.

Have you ever thought about the flow of an exhaust manifold, If the gas was flowing in the opposite direction the collector precision would mean so much more, As it is 6 pipes feed in to a merge and blow through the turbo, do you think cylinder no.5 is going to produce less gas pressure because no. 1 has a better collector weld. I dont. Its a pressurised system fed by all 6 doing the same thing, It aint rocket science The big names use the pre fabbed collector for one reason only, Its a whole lot easier than cutting and welding one of their own.

Keep piss moaning about the product and I'll just keep driving my car with this inferior product That works.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have owned and used both the cheap chinese s/s manifold and one of these and can offer an opinion from experience. NO? Well I can.

Don't just assume things mate. Years ago I did buy a china manifold and as soon as I checked it out I sent the junk back and bought a quality built manifold.

Don't worry mate, save your money and use this unit, while your at it you can re-use each others sump oil. Hey, it does the job and and at a cheaper price, lol.

mate has one with a 44mm tial gate just made 315RWKW ..... he is a boiler maker by trade and see no issue with these at all!!!..... if you wanna go buy a 6boost etc go do it spend the extra money and jerk off to your mates raving about the amazing collector that does backflips on your testicles....... in the mean time its a good product that works well and isnt even on the same level as a china ebay spec manifold but hey i have seen one of those run for 2 years making 450hp before shitting itself

Edited by BLITZ-26

Good point guys yes the cheap stainless ones work well but end up cracking. This one should not crack and do just as good of a job as a 6boost item expecially considering my power goal is only 300-350rwkw.

Slippylotion how about a wager? If this manifold has any issues or needs any extra work done on it or has any issues making the power i will buy you a bottle of Jonny Walker Blue(Or some thing similar if you dont drink scotch)

And if every thing works fine i get a bottle of Blu off you. Up for it?

Here are my main reasons for buying this manifold.

1) I have a morgauge 2 car loans and a bike loan, I would have never gone for a new manifold if i had to pay $1200 for it.

2) Cheaper units have been proven to work but had issues with cracking. Being steam pipe the cracking issue should be sorted.

3) My car is a budget build So far I have the following for it:

Deatchwerks 740cc Injectors $660

Deatchwerks 300LPH fuel pump $200

Adaptronic Plugin ECU $1200

Hypergear ATR43G3 turbo $1400 (Included oil line and dump pipe)

Ebay Intercooler $Thanks Jarod :)

All pipe work will be custon made by Kermit

About the only big budget item is the 3" Jap cat back that I got second hand of Snozzle for $800

And now Tial 44mm Wastegate $170 second hand and top mount for $469 including postage.

Lets look at my savings so far

Injectors I saved about $600

Fuel pump I saved at least $100

ECU I saved at least $800(I would not have purchased a PFC)

The Turbo is actually going to now cost me the same as if i purchased a Garrett due to having to make a new rear hoursing for the external gate.

Wastegate saved $430 buying second hand

Manifold saved $700

Exhause I haved $400 buying sencond hand

So a total of about $3030 saved buy not buying "The Proper high quality items"

I can not see one item here that will hold me back from my power goal.

Any comments on my though process are welcomed. An please tell me if you can see me doing any thing wrong??

Don't just assume things mate. Years ago I did buy a china manifold and as soon as I checked it out I sent the junk back and bought a quality built manifold.

Don't worry mate, save your money and use this unit, while your at it you can re-use each others sump oil. Hey, it does the job and and at a cheaper price, lol.

So you are saying no! you havnt used one of these so you cant make a true comparison, My "assumption" was correct, thank you for acknowledging that.

And no again, used sump oil wont do the job but these manifolds do. Very very happy with mine. :thumbsup

LOL :rolleyes:

So you haven't owned one of these? and the china manifold you didn't even use because you thought it was junk?

Seems like maybe you're a tad ignorant!

It aint rocket science The big names use the pre fabbed collector for one reason only, Its a whole lot easier than cutting and welding one of their own.

I normally stay out of these discusions but..

Sorry mate, but your wrong hear..

The one reason we use properly made and designed collectors is NOT because its easier to buy them in and we are to lazy to cut and weld our own.

We do it because the merge collectors you speak of have been used for a long long time in all types of motorsport and have a proven record.

Also when mass producing manifolds, its easier to get them all identical when the collectors are identical, as thats what most manifolds are designed around (the collector)

I know I make everything of my manifolds in house (yes, the collectors aswell) I would be very very suprised if the other guys didnt make there own collectors also.

Brenton

I normally stay out of these discusions but..

Sorry mate, but your wrong hear..

The one reason we use properly made and designed collectors is NOT because its easier to buy them in and we are to lazy to cut and weld our own.

We do it because the merge collectors you speak of have been used for a long long time in all types of motorsport and have a proven record.

Also when mass producing manifolds, its easier to get them all identical when the collectors are identical, as thats what most manifolds are designed around (the collector)

I know I make everything of my manifolds in house (yes, the collectors aswell) I would be very very suprised if the other guys didnt make there own collectors also.

Brenton

Thats cool Brenton, Pleased to hear you do actually take the time to make your own, I have no doubt its a time consuming task.

I would really like someone to show me back to back comparisons of one of the needle sharp jobs as opposed to the more agricultural finish of the ones in question.

I personally dont think the difference would be all that noticeable given the direction of the gas flow.

Thats cool Brenton, Pleased to hear you do actually take the time to make your own, I have no doubt its a time consuming task.

I would really like someone to show me back to back comparisons of one of the needle sharp jobs as opposed to the more agricultural finish of the ones in question.

I personally dont think the difference would be all that noticeable given the direction of the gas flow.

Back to backs are always something I have wanted to do. Customers themselves i find always upgrading other componets at the same time making the whole exercise pointless.

To do it off of my own back, cost is a big factor along with finding a donnor car to do the work with, time off the road etc

and it can and more then likey will turn into a bit of a un-happy argument pretty quick as with all dyno topics anyway.

I dont quote X amount of spool increase, X more power etc etc, every car is different, every car will get different results.

I know from the amount of positive feedback I get, they work better then the ones that have been replaced by my examples

There i however a point where good enough is, ...well... good enough.

I just make sure with everything that comes out of my workshop 1. I have made to the best of my ability, 2. I am willing to put my name on it.

Back on topic now, and my speil is all I need to give without treding on to many toes.

Brenton

Sorry for the late reply's i only managed to get some time to get online today.

I have said this million times and so this will be a million + 1 :)

All the comments taken to improve the product i take seriously flow of the external pipe from day one some one stated on a different flow so i have changed it, Item's are pre fitted to a engine bay to ensure that they will clear and bolt on ( Majority of the Chinese ones are just bulk produced so no QC in regards to fitments ) which isn't really a big problem as most people who are buying them are for DIY jobs, as stated prior the Chinese manifolds made they flow fine but the strength is very weak to keep costs down they use the thinest SS they can find just to sell it off for cheap, For you to buy a stainless steel manifold that won't crack is spending big money and majority of the time people are buying them for the " Shiny " Effect .

Most big names use pre fabricated collectors, this is not just because it is easier ( it is easier than building your own ) but they also proven to work as most people have used them. But as i stated earlier we are not comparing ourself to 6boost or any of the big guys , we have respect for any fabricator with good work and i don't intend to bad mouth ANY ONE.

Our collectors are straight forward we have made many manifolds and every one ( WHO HAS TRIED OURS ) are happy for 1) the Value 2) strength 3) fitment

Most people who have bad mouthed our product purely they have not used our product or they want a $1500 manifold for $300 which i am sorry to hear but that's day dreaming. We are here to offer people with a half decent quality manifold that wont crack and has good flow. So what if you spend a couple hours cleaning up the collectors to make it how you want to make it? for that amount of money it takes me hours to get these done. I am looking at improving the collectors but that means the price will go higher and i wanted to give you guys a good priced item. I will introduce different types of manifolds at different pricing in the next couple of months to give you guys a more options.

I am glad to hear that most people who have purchased the item are happy with it and are giving us good feedbacks and we will keep working hard to produce half decent RB manifolds for you guys.

Any Positive or negative comments i am here to take them in :)

Wish you guys a happy Easter and best of luck

kam

Seriously, Whats with all the "attacks" on these manifolds.

1) They should not be compared to any manifold that costs more,only manifolds that cost the same price.

2) Kam has all ready made it clear that if you would like a 6boost/am performance/garage 7 quality then he would be more then happy to make you one and charge the same as said fabricators.

3) Unless you have purchased and tried one of these manifolds then you shouldn't say anything, don't you remember the saying (unless you have something nice to say don't say anything)

4) Kam has made it clear that he is open to suggestions to changes in design,which doesn't mean make it like a 6boost (just copy it),but more on changes that will keep the manifold affordable for us on a budget.

I myself have purchased one of these manifolds and i am very happy with the design,price and customer support. (my father who is a qualified fitter/turner (oldschool), ticketed boiler maker and holds a higher qualification then a diploma in mechanical engineering has inspected and see's nothing wrong with its design/welds, my brother who is also a qualified mechanical fitter has also inspected it and see's nothing wrong with it,allthough neither have made a exhaust manifold,the purpose is piping to direct flow to the turbo and nothing else) It fits and all the flanges are straight and true. There were a few small things like the gaskets (Kam supplied these free of charge so not really an issue) and my engine mount was in the way (think i have different designed mounts?modified it anyways took less then an hour to trim and re-strengthen) And no offence kam but the studs were a bit iffy ;) (no doubt these were also supplied free so not worried about it as a new set was $6,i know that now makes me a high roller lol)

Kam has been nothing but helpful to me and i would assume to all his other customers (which all say the same thing about his product)

Unless its constructive criticism,dont share it here. Kam is trying to do a good thing here for all of us "budgeters" who dont require a manifold thats the bee's f**king knee's and has perfect flow and supports a gazzilion killwasps,we just want something thats strong,reliable,works at a reasonable price.

This has annoyed me quite abit,do we need to start a poll or something for the people that have purchased one of his manifolds that are happy with it?

Thats my 2c worth,from an actual owner of one of these great value for money manifolds and would recommend Kam to anyone else wanting one.

Daniel

hey shit for brains, my cheap 2nd hand stainless highmount that cost me $75 from sau user, has been going 2yrs 471rwhp later.

I will be uprading to one of these manifolds soon as the stainless job is a bit leaky, but not really noticeable only i can hear it slightly, still perfectly fine 2 drive on 26psi.

I bet your pretty collector inside the manifold looks good once its all bolted up and NO ONE can see it and u can rave about your 100rpm better spool or something awsome like that hahaha.. u sound like another person on here who gives out the bullshit advice without any fkn experience at all to go with it.

Im not saying to go out and buy a stainless manifold, but least i can speak from experience.

Manifold arrived yesterday. Very quick turnaround, looks very well made. Will start ripping my car apart this week.

Any one want and specific pics?

Manifold arrived yesterday. Very quick turnaround, looks very well made. Will start ripping my car apart this week.

Any one want and specific pics?

if you could put a T3 gasket over the studs and snap a shot of how accurate the port matching is on the turbine side that would be great!

P.S. Kam, is it possible for you to make T4 Twin scroll manifolds? IE a T4 TS with WG tubes merged to one for an SR20? Thanks,

if you could put a T3 gasket over the studs and snap a shot of how accurate the port matching is on the turbine side that would be great!

P.S. Kam, is it possible for you to make T4 Twin scroll manifolds? IE a T4 TS with WG tubes merged to one for an SR20? Thanks,

Hi there,

Don't think i will be focusing much on SR at the moment i have a couple designs but we will be putting most focus on the RB motors, I will be making some split pulse and some without withgate port in the next 4 weeks , But if there is a demand on some SR stuff i will look into it , Hope that helps :)

As long as the manifold port is not larger than the gasket its fine.

Just think about the flow direction, the turbo will more or less be perfectly gasket matched so as long as the manifold port is no bigger than the gasket in any places there shouldnt be a restriction.

Looks good :thumbsup:

Sweet as, removal of turbo and test fitting to happen this weekend. Hopefully i don't have the classic broken stud problem.

Although looking as my stock manifold it does look like it has come off previously hopefully they were replaced then