SAU Community

"steam Pipe" Single Turbo Manifolds On Fleabay....anyone Know Anythging About This Supplier And Their Products?

Andy B

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also purchased a Tial 44mm Waste Gate last week. Definatly keping the HG turbo on it. Sending it back to Stao for a new rear housing at some stage to get rid of the internal gate and get the fnt upgrade.

Gonna see how far this turbo can be pushed, we have all see the internal gate versions pushed hard but i have yet to see a external gatted pushed(Dont think ive ever seen a dyno result)

350rwkw maybe?

Also purchased a Tial 44mm Waste Gate last week. Definatly keping the HG turbo on it. Sending it back to Stao for a new rear housing at some stage to get rid of the internal gate and get the fnt upgrade.

Gonna see how far this turbo can be pushed, we have all see the internal gate versions pushed hard but i have yet to see a external gatted pushed(Dont think ive ever seen a dyno result)

350rwkw maybe?

My HG is externally gated, can see my results in the 25 dyno thread. 393rwhp@18psi. Mid-range is missing about 30rwkw and boost is lazy due to lack of VCT.

I received my SR20 manifold today, looks pretty good quality for the price. It will be a few weeks before i can fit it as i need to get it modded to suit my current external gate setup.

Some pics:

p1000034edit.th.jpg p1000035edit.th.jpg p1000037edit.th.jpg p1000045edit.th.jpg

350rwkw maybe?

Im pretty sure its got 330-340 in it, will be good to see what the g3 can do

My HG is externally gated, can see my results in the 25 dyno thread. 393rwhp@18psi. Mid-range is missing about 30rwkw and boost is lazy due to lack of VCT.

What manifold and gate are you using? is it an ATR43g3?

What manifold and gate are you using? is it an ATR43g3?

Yeh that's it mate, current FNT model.

Stock manifold and Turbosmart Compgate40. Stock manifold is possibly a restriction, not really sure.

Yeh that's it mate, current FNT model.

Stock manifold and Turbosmart Compgate40. Stock manifold is possibly a restriction, not really sure.

definitely not the stock manifold thats the restriction.

your graph is similar to mine with no VCT, lazy fker indeed, but once its in boost, its boogy time lol

Ive seen stock manifold make over 500 so no its not a restriction.

Sure, but what I would be interested in is if you put a quality manifold on the exact same setup, would there be a power difference at 4,000rpm, 4,500rpm and 5,000rpm. My thinking is the std manifold would trail the performance of an aftermarket manifold

eflex 25psi gtx3582

no doubt a after market one will flow/out perform standard item, but ppl who r making high 300hp area then blame the manifold. u got along way 2 go yet!

Lol lets not go putting words in my mouth, I didn't blame anything. I've just simply never thought about the manifold, so wasn't sure if it was a restriction or not, I've not looked into how much the stock manifold can flow.

I received my SR20 manifold today, looks pretty good quality for the price. It will be a few weeks before i can fit it as i need to get it modded to suit my current external gate setup.

Some pics:

p1000034edit.th.jpg p1000035edit.th.jpg p1000037edit.th.jpg p1000045edit.th.jpg

That is horrid. How much did you pay for it? That collector probably flows worse than the factory manifold, so why would you use that? If your going to ditch the factory manifold in favour of a steam pipe manifold atleast by a couple hundred more and get a quality unit that makes an improvement.

Edited by slippylotion

That is horrid. How much did you pay for it? That collector probably flows worse than the factory manifold, so why would you use that? If your going to ditch the factory manifold in favour of a steam pipe manifold atleast by a couple hundred more and get a quality unit that makes an improvement.

Have a good look at the factory manifold. It may look cleaner than that but flow wise would be a totally different story. They are all merging together at a much for friendly angle that a stock one.

Also you can buy premade perfect looking merge collector for around $300 a piece thats going to add a few hundred to the price of these manifold.

I have purchased one purely due to price. It is going to be better than the stock manifold even with its current faults. Not to mention its proper steam pipe and should not have the cracking issues the stainless ebay items have.

Win Win I say.

Paid $225 + postage. Its replacing a china spec stainless manifold that I have had to remove once already to get welded up as it cracked (was already on the car). I have to take it off again as the manifold-turbo nuts keep coming loose so i might aswell get rid of the stainless manifold while i'm at it.

Have a good look at the factory manifold. It may look cleaner than that but flow wise would be a totally different story. They are all merging together at a much for friendly angle that a stock one.

Also you can buy premade perfect looking merge collector for around $300 a piece thats going to add a few hundred to the price of these manifold.

I have purchased one purely due to price. It is going to be better than the stock manifold even with its current faults. Not to mention its proper steam pipe and should not have the cracking issues the stainless ebay items have.

Win Win I say.

I disagree with that. Atleast the factory manifold is a split pulse design. If your not making a split pulse you should atleast have a well designed collector and that isn't.

So you payed around $300 del? For about $650 you can buy a Kelway steam pipe manifold with a proper collector and overal better quality. To me if your doing it for a gain do it right. Don't just buying anything so you can have a steam pipe manifold.

What power are you running?

Edited by slippylotion

I disagree with that. Atleast the factory manifold is a split pulse design. If your not making a split pulse you should atleast have a well designed collector and that isn't.

So you payed around $300 del? For about $650 you can buy a Kelway steam pipe manifold with a proper collector and overal better quality. To me if your doing it for a gain do it right. Don't just buying anything so you can have a steam pipe manifold.

What power are you running?

Split pulse design my ass more like flow direction assistance.

Split pulse design my ass more like flow direction assistance.

Well if you had a look inside the manifold you will see the factory unit has cyls 1&4 together and separated from 2&3 together giving you a split pulse utilizing the firing order. Tomei also make their expreme SR manifolds the same and for the same reason. This is also how my Kelway manifold is made.

Edited by slippylotion