SAU Community

Supposedly R32 High Flowed Turbo Questions (Pics Inside)

jakez88

hey guys i made a thread about a turbo i just recently bought just recently and from what some SAUers have seen from pictures, they believe it to be a high flowed r32 turbo. i bought it off a guy that was wrecking a rb25det if i can remember and also told me it was auto but have no idea if this is true.could have possibly been high flowed in japan.

a friend of mine is helping me install this on to my r32 gtst (rb20det) and have just run into a few weird things. we believe the rear housing is different to a standard 32 turbo rear housing? and front compressor seems to be different. i know its a long shot but from the pictures below can anyone point out anything they notice that has been changed on this turbo for me? anything unusual at all? also what types of lines it owuld need to be installed into my 32 as one of the water lines seemed not to match up. any recommendations of places i can get liens for this would also be very much appreciated.

dsc0653u.jpg

dsc0650qt.jpg

dsc0654m.jpg

dsc0652ps.jpg

dsc0651u.jpg

dsc0649d.jpg

dsc0648z.jpg

dsc0647q.jpg

dsc0646n.jpg

dsc0645pi.jpg

Yeah I rekin it's a highflow as well

the back of the comp housing isn't the stock for sure Looks like a t4 core maybe a t3 t4 highflow ?

The inducer on comp housing looks like its bored bigger and had a hone as well to suit bigger comp wheel

Actuator rod looks different to factory 33 as well

As for the lines take it to a shop that does braided lines some autobahns do speed flow fittings and could knock something up for ya

only a slight highflow as well. maybe stage 1. my old highflow had the whole lip machined out on the exhaust wheel. 25 turbo does'nt have tapped point on compressor housing either

Looks like a plain bearing vg30 turbo, I hope you didn't pay to much for it.

very highly doubt it buddy.

vg30det have 45vs on compressor cover and op6 rear housing which this doesnt have. also rear wheel is heaps bigger than a stock vg30det wheel so yeh don't think so. getting very mixed reactions...i know its a 32 turbo but in terms of high flow specs just not sure so yeh just hoping someone can see something they recognise through compressor and rearhousing.exhaust wheel modifications. thanks everyone for your input but any other input would be appreciated.

can anyone confirm if these lines should be fine for the turbo also.

http://www.ebay.com....=item4aa9d8bf67

Edited by jakez88

It's a mystery bag.

The wheels don't appear to be much bigger then stock.

It's a plain bearing cartridge

It's not an rb20 or 25 cartridge so no point looking for rb specific line kits. Different oil feed needed. The link above doesn't have the right oil feed adapter either.

Honestly, don't waste your time on it.

Ah no worries thanks for letting me know mate. I'll take the turbo somewhere and get some lines made up for it. Can anyone recommend a place in victoria. Just dont know much in terms of fittings, lines and connections.

The centre housing where it connects to the back of the compressor housing looks exactly like the R32 turbo that Hypergear highflowed for me. Compressor housing is R32 turbo, it has the hose connecting up to it which RB25 turbos don't have.

Oh one thing I noticed was where the oil drain pipe goes...thers actually another one on the opposite side...is this normal? You can probably notice it on the 2nd last pic of the first post. Cause at the moment im more concerned about the lines and fittings and what it needs to run properly on my rb20. So its a rb20 high flowed turbo but need to get the connections.