SAU Community

Official Cruise: 24.04.04 Macedon (PICTURES)

pushead

The count at the winery was 40 Skylines, 1 Sylvia, 1 Soarer and the racing RAIDER so a great turnout.

Had a great day but the busted back will take days to recover.

EDIT 42 Skylines as James and one other arrived late. Have to keep the numbers right.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pushead - i didnt even realise u were there!! if i did i would have come and said hi... u should have recognised the boat!!

We were just right behind u guys. i saw u flying through in the soarer :) how about I just rockup to primus next time or pass my regards to the food dude there (bass) heehe :)

Couldn't take more pics on the road coz I was either holding a CB trying to sort out poeple n their locations (or abusing deorbit n my twin R32 which now has a turbo).

heh

u have a turbo in that thing? Wasn't working too well from what I could see in my *rear vision mirror*

Next cruise I promise i'll have a car mounted camera for vids n pics (already in progress).

good u can get plenty of shots of the back of my car while trying to keep up again :)

Was a great day all up. Very well organised & a great drive.

Now i'm going to go get over my hang over cause Al, Evil and a few of us got hammered afterwards at a pub.

yeah my passenger (cousin) is out from england .. not so many skylines out there so he was loving it.. any of the good photos in my collection from yesterday he took - any of the crap ones i took :)

he did some good footage with his hand out my car...

when i got lost and went all the way down to lancefield or wherever it was when you guys were at the winery - that was insane - didn't get 1 car in front of me on the whole run :) and he had the video camera out the window the whole time haha

anyways what was the details with the cops? was it just because they had complaints of us 'hooning' around or what? i wasn't really fussed - they couldn't really prove anything even if we were doing something

soooo, whens the next one :)

lmao shiv

push - this is my last week at Primus :) hey i tell u what tho if ur in the city on thursday at around 5pm come to mensies tavern out the back of 500 collins cause we're having a piss up in my honour :)

i have to go thru the video footage i took and convert it to mpg... will do that tonight

hey ferni i was the silver 33 that was at the front of the pack when you fanged it past with your your cousin recording out the window, damn you flew past, i wasnt keen on doing 100+ on single lane road where it had dirt on each side but jeez you flew past, would have looked good on the camera

hey all, was a good cruise. thanks to all organisers and those who attended. my car is still doing wierd stuff with the tacho / warning lights and ill get that checked out tomorrow morining. still works fine, was just worried the power steering would lock up or something wierd. thanks to all those who looked at it for me, geoff + others. was good turnout and lots of fun. anyone got any pics of the cruise pulled over with the cop car at the back?

was a good day guys...thanks to the organisers....thank god the rain held out....nice pics

GTRJET: what took u so long??...and why u still following me!!

:sadam: cnblow you can run but you cant hide...look at the pic ..why you running?

also did you guys count the new R35 GTR that come out of the shed at the final stop...it was so NICEEEEEEEEEEEEE

also on the way back i was trying to keep up with that purple r33 GTR the one with cracked front lower lip and i thought i was doing ok , even thou i had to push, but then i gave him the wave through and after say 5 corners later...it was like he vanashed...another highlight when when i let the blu'ish r32 gtst impul r32 through and heard this great big pshhuuuuu ...fast cars those ones....but still doing the speed limit!

paulr33: ahh that was you - its all good, i just saw the long stretch of road and wanted to go for it :)

after i over took you there was a few crests i slowed on to make sure no cars were coming the other way as soon as i saw it clear i gunned it again... :) and the footage looks pretty cool, ill try to get my cousin to edit it up and ill upload a video of the day heh

also paulr33 there is a photo of the cop in my photos (see first page of this thread)

I had a great day guy, and my "cruise virgin" passenger had an awesome time. He's got the bug, so will bring his car out for one sometime.

Once photos are uploaded, is there any way of editting details out, like numberplates? I've noticed quite a few pics with plates visible...

Thanks to James, Ash and Andrew for a fantastic route and the most comprehensive map I've ever seen!

I had a couple of "moments" during the trip; I had an alignment performed on the car immediately prior to the cruise. Since then, if I give it a bit of gas from the time the car's started, the steering wheel becomes non-centred (approx 20 degrees left). After 10km of driving the HICAS light comes on, the ass twitches majorly and the steering becomes straight again. It was very disconcerting doing 100kph through a corner when the back of the car suddenly changes direction! Imagine if I was doing 250kph at Phillip Island!

Cheers guys.

Top day! Thanks to everyone who came along.

I think it's fair to say that the citizens of inner-northwest country Victoria now know what Skylines are :)

Here is the photo from the winery - i've put a couple of names in already... but PM/email/post who you are, who others are - or if you're not in the photo.

g...amvic.jpg[/url]

macedon_people.gif

Again - thanks

Great work to the group-leaders for (mostly) not getting people separated or lost - 50 cars is a helluva logistics exercise :) Very pleased there were no speeding tix or 'incidents'.

Can't wait for the next one.

James

I'm missing too - I was inside tasting some wines. Although they weren't exceptional wines, they were exceptional prices - exceptionally expensive. I decided not to buy anything as I reckon a lot of the wines I buy are better and cheaper.