SAU Community

M35 Cargo Mat

Aaron S

You mean aside from the OEM plastic cargo mat? Ive got one, but Ive never seen one go up for sale on YAJ - I ssume they're not common :(

I have the OEM mat, it isn't that great as all the crap slides around in the back now. Im sure there is a better material to make it out of, even plain rubber would work better as Josh said.

Great for taking the dog for a drive though.

There's a sweet mat that actually goes up the back of the rear seats and the headrests go through it. So when you fold the seats down and presumably put a bike/snowboard/etc in there, it's covering the whole lot instead of just the "cargo area".

But yeah, only ever seen one on YAJ and it was stuffed.

Luckily I have both of the factory mats, the rubber mat and the mat that runs up to the back of the seats for when you fold them flat.

About 2 months ago I did see a set of mats that covered the wheels arches that matches my mat but I forgot to bid on them. Never seen either of the mats before or after that on yahoo.

Wouldn't be too hard to get a trimmer to make one up, surely. Just got to find one that works for cartons.

Best bet would be for someone that has one to take it to a trimmer and get them to replicate it.

Is that the sound of a group buy starting up Jase?

I guess it would really depend on what everyone wants.

I'm pretty happy without one, but if I was going to get something it would be some sort of carpet that went up the back of the seats like we were talking about above, but with a washable, water resistant carpet. That way after a muddy day on the bikes it can be pulled out, hosed off and chucked on the line to dry.

So you would want it out of a marine type carpet? The factory one isnt carpet, it's a thin fabric with a thin rubber back.

I'll see what they can offer.

That's what I used. Just cut the right width and then make the cuts so that it sit nicely with the seats down (and covers the headrests too - my dog put his claw through the leather on one of them).

Cheap, easy and works very well.

So you would want it out of a marine type carpet? The factory one isnt carpet, it's a thin fabric with a thin rubber back.

I'll see what they can offer.

I suppose. The fabric with rubber back would be just as suitable I guess. I'm not really that serious about getting one to be honest..