SAU Community

Mohsens Wide Body R32 Sedan Build/semi Restoration

okay, got the car back last tuesday, mechanic pulled the timing down and got it to run rich so its a flamin mongrel at cold starts, and is slow as all hell and made me put around the area in it.
over the 350odd km ive done over the week, driving to maccas and trying to pickup barely legal bitches from epping plaza,

it has,
developed a small waterleak
started leaking from the rear turbo drain
shredded a power steering belt for absolutely no f**king reason lol

just dropped it off to the mechanics for a bit and well see how we go with more timing n leaks fixed :)

car had been missing between 1krpm and 3krpm last week.
pulled out the afms to swap them over and noticed something.
i wont go into great detail just yet, but ill leave this here.
1238119_10203356999828684_350051861_n.jp

this weekend was nuts

pulled out the air flow meters and noticed this in the front turbo intake
1625540_10203380531496961_1857750209_n.j

okay then...

had a better look.

1898100_10203380533297006_653260278_n.jp

f**k thats alot of metal man
1974988_10203380531816969_1335533594_n.j10001558_10203380532176978_1769188579_n.

f**k.

1796686_10203380532816994_1555494939_n.j

the mechanic i had put it all together had dropped a nut into the intake, obviously being rubber it wouldnt have made a noise so he didnt notice it.
the nut was small enough to slowly shred up the blade over time.
had i not decided to check the afms id have never seen it, and it would have eventually blown up and sent bits of steel into my engine.

i had gone in this morning and i am very very pleased with the outcome.
he had offered to have them rebuilt and do the necessary precautionary checks on the motor to make sure its unharmed.

plenty of mechanics that i know of wouldnt have owned up to the error and would have told me to go f**k myself, but im glad that this guys a true gentleman and offered to repair it all for me.
i guess good customer service and looking after customers isnt dead afterall :)

everything will be back on track soon enough!

• Like 2

Fuaark! Good save, unlucky, but like you said decent customer service.

Hope for your sake after this everything runs smooth. I wanna see this beast out cruising!

• Like 1

the guy felt so bad about it hes pushing me to get it to him ASAP so he can get me on the road again.

im buying him a slab of beer for this, and im definitely going to be getting him to do further work etc.

• Like 1

fuark.
Lucky.
Had a nut destroy a turbo when I had my second last GTST.
Doing 110 on the M1, gave it a hit, heard a chink, felt a sudden loss of power, big ass bang, smoke out from under the hood.

Shattered the impeller, split the outer housing wide open, shredded the front silicone intake pipe and left little dents in a square foot area under the hood and inner guard, etc, luckily none of that went into the motor.

Your mechanic sounds like a top bloke too, so cheering there. :yes:

fuark.

Lucky.

Had a nut destroy a turbo when I had my second last GTST.

Doing 110 on the M1, gave it a hit, heard a chink, felt a sudden loss of power, big ass bang, smoke out from under the hood.

Shattered the impeller, split the outer housing wide open, shredded the front silicone intake pipe and left little dents in a square foot area under the hood and inner guard, etc, luckily none of that went into the motor.

Your mechanic sounds like a top bloke too, so cheering there. :yes:

holy f**k, thats intense!

been following this build for ages man, youre basically building the car of my dreams. cant wait to see this thing running :yes:
btw that whole impeller damage thing is crazy

Edited by rekoyl116

haha thanks dude, while ive always wanted a wide body rb26 sedan, this isnt my dream car, it would have been my dream car if it was my original sedan, which the new owner bastardised and crashed :(

told the mechanic not to stress to much, hes got a month to get it sorted.

• 4 weeks later...

well. im convinced this car is some form of possessed ex wangan Devil R voodoo witchcraftmobile
swapped over the AFMs and fixed a few other issues like a bung o2 sensor and some vac leaks and the miss is almost gone and the AFRs are looking pretty good
that said the temp wont go over 1/4 way,

the devil R part

the clutch fans clutch didnt engage, as soon as my mechanic touched it, slicing the end of his finger clean off...
this thing bites back....

ps: hes fine, skin graft n shit

the clutch fans clutch didnt engage, as soon as my mechanic touched it, slicing the end of his finger clean off...

this thing bites back....

ps: hes fine, skin graft n shit

Oh wow what the eff? Glad to hear he is ok

This car of yours is definitely cursed by some voodoo sh!t.

yeah.. i dont know what to expect from it.
the whole cars have soul this that thing, i agreed with it to an extent,
now im adamant this thing has a soul...