SAU Community

Nitto Oil Pump Redesign?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will be having a chat to NITTO when they come to my shop i a few weeks. Told him to bring heaps of info on the new spline oil pump setup.

Will post up once ive had a chat

I've got one of these. I'll probably go and pick it up tomorrow.

They just had a re design and a few small changes. The big change is the gear set is now dura finished.

I will be having a chat to NITTO ehen ghey come tomy shop i a few weeks. Told him to bring heaps of info on the new spline oil pump setup.

Will post up once ive had a chat

I like the sound of this

Translated it says

I will be having a chat to NITTO when they come to my shop in a few weeks.

Told him to bring heaps of info on the new spline oil pump setup.

Will post up once I've had a chat

I cant bring myself to buy a new pump like this, just like any new piece of equipment or hardware there are flaws/bugs atm whoever gets one is a test pig in my eyes and dont go disputing its my oppinion

They have released the new design of the current flat drive pump. Its just been tweaked.

The spline drive pump is still a fair way off i believe.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Edit : I spoke to Andrew from Nitto today, and the spline drive pump is still undergoing testing .. They are happy with the test model so far , so with a bit of luck it will be released soon.

Edited by ezy_09s

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Many thanks for your responses, guys.
    • This is why I can't afford a Porsche 911 or a new M3. Farken. Will hopefully provide me with a bit more  braking capacity at SMSP. Going from a 324mm to a 354mm rotor will also help dissipate heaps of heat. Not mention, the rears will also be upgraded to balance the brake bias. Believe it or not, with just only front Brembos and the rear OEM Sumitomo, I can actually feel the brake bias towards the back, hence trail braking into turns I could feel the rear end being unsettled. Hopefully if my broscience serves me correctly, I should resolve the brake bias by upgrading both front and rear calipers.
    • I'll chime in here with my experience. Motec is great if you have the money and know a good person to support you. They don't really offer retail support and the dealers make SFA margin on the product, so the business model is setup for you to be supported by a dealer. I'm lucky enough to know a guy who's ex Motec and very generous with his time and is a total boffin. In addition to that, I also use Brad Sherriff who's an absolute legend to work with. The downside to Motec is the software isn't very intuitive, pay to play, poor/limited online support and costly upgrades.  I've not owned an Emtron myself but a good friend runs a performance workshop in Melbourne who is an Emtron dealer. They won't be fitting any more to customer cars because of the poor level of knowledge within the Emtron support team and lack of ability to solve issues with the platform. Not to mention the circumstances around the establishment of the product and company in the first place. I've run Motec's since the old M8's back in the early 2000's so I'm certainly not without a bias but I look at it like this. Everyone acknowledges Motec as the best consumer grade product without spending mega dollars on Bosch Motorsport / Life Racing and so on. When you consider the real cost of your car (not what you tell your mrs) the cost difference between an Emtron and a Motec is tiny, why would you compromise over a few hundred dollars?
    • Closer to getting the shit box back on the road. That long hose, took 2 months to acquire. However the rest were all already to go same week I ordered them. For those playing at home, that long hose is for a RB25DE N/A motor, as they don't run a water/oil heat exchanger, the hoses underneath the plenum are much more elegant and not a maze of shit.