SAU Community

Sau Vic 2012 Motorsport Championship Round 3 - Now With Entry Details

emts

It was just one of those days, blue skies in the morning. The promise of good things, dry run. Almost dry run, then rain and hail.

The air temp and track ambient were unbelievably low. I'm not sure of the apparent temperature, but is was fugging cold!

The track temp wasn't much better, even with the streeter tyres they where hardly warm after a session out on the track.

Had a blast, with good things to come as 49's come easy in traffic now.

AD08's are 13 track days old now as well ;)

porsche smorsche

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How come?

Because racecar?? :yes:

Nah, Speaking to Chris (and I know this is a topic of debate) I want to go the ITB's for response. I loved the sound and response of my old GTR.

What you meant to say was GTR intake plenum :yes:

Not a simple bolt on job by any means. How much is that going to cost vs a non frankenstein trubo? You don't hear many people doing

the ITB swap.

Though there was some crazy who did ITB's on an RB25DE.

Newtons is a GTR plenum. Not sure it's worth it man. If you want that buy a GTR lol.

Thought you'd like that Jack.

Seriously just get a decent turbo (maybe even twin scroll) and E85 for response!!!! Cheaper!!!

What you meant to say was GTR intake plenum :yes:

Not a simple bolt on job by any means. How much is that going to cost vs a non frankenstein trubo? You don't hear many people doing

the ITB swap.

Though there was some crazy who did ITB's on an RB25DE.

Yes you're correct 'intake plenum', etc. it's really a wish list. Pretty sure big red has it too. There is a mob in unzud that does a machined spacer to make the gtr intake plenum, ITB's etc to fit perfectly on an RB25.

I'm also going to replace the bitsa FMIC and plumbing with GTR stuff (high priority).

Newton has an original Blitz adapter plate for the rb25 that matches up rb26 itb's... Can't buy them new any more (discontinued years ago) so i guess there's just the option of finding a copy of the design.

Newton has an original Blitz adapter plate for the rb25 that matches up rb26 itb's... Can't buy them new any more (discontinued years ago) so i guess there's just the option of finding a copy of the design.

Apparently these guys make one http://racefab.co.nz/

Theres no real advantage apart from the throttle response of the ITBs. The GTR plenum has a 3" inlet FFS. Not the mention the volume of the thing is even too big for anything pushing any less than ~400kw...same goes for the 3" GTR piping.

Youll net a better result with a FReddy plenum, stock throttle body, and 2.5" piping everywhere and heaps cheaper. The throttle response and boost response will be alot better than stock and boost response better than any 3" pipework...

Theres no real advantage apart from the throttle response of the ITBs. The GTR plenum has a 3" inlet FFS. Not the mention the volume of the thing is even too big for anything pushing any less than ~400kw...same goes for the 3" GTR piping.

Youll net a better result with a FReddy plenum, stock throttle body, and 2.5" piping everywhere and heaps cheaper. The throttle response and boost response will be alot better than stock and boost response better than any 3" pipework...

I've got a Greddy copy plenum sitting in my pile of bits .... Was debating between the GTR Intake/ITB's and the Greddy copy.

Now ya got me thinkin' - might just give the Greddy copy a go.

Has anyone had experience, or done a side-by-side comparo between GTR intake/ITB's and Greddy style plenum?

This is what mine has. Good response and can push well over 300kw. You're not chasing 400+ kw so just keep is simple.

Haven't done a comparison but remember you're weighing up $$ for kw. You have the greddy copy there so decision should be easy.

Has anyone had experience, or done a side-by-side comparo between GTR intake/ITB's and Greddy style plenum?

Rev my car then rev Russells? haha.

There wont be a difference you could actually feel while driving the car...well maybe Tarzan could, thats about it!

You wont regret the FReddy.

When I made new intercooler piping on the hot side of my car, I actually considered replacing the 3" with 2.5" or 2.75" on the cold side, but cbfed since there is already an AFM in there, but it wouldve been sweet.

Thanks Russ and Femno.

I think the decision has been made (for now). I'll give the 'FReddy' a go and see how it performs!

So if its a RB25, the std plenum is the way to go over a Gready type unless you are running drag car power 500kw+. The std one apart from the cooler piping being longer than preferred will actually generate more torque and response due to the runners being longer. I went the RB26 ITB conversion as it was recommended at the time. It was about 20kw straight away and about the same response. Race Pace have adapter plates and can do the conversion. Topically this kit is causing us MASIVE dramas right now. We are somehow getting boost into the cooling system. Never had it before in the 6 years of use so I'm not dissing the kit at all we just need to machine and re seal.

So if its a RB25, the std plenum is the way to go over a Gready type unless you are running drag car power 500kw+. The std one apart from the cooler piping being longer than preferred will actually generate more torque and response due to the runners being longer. I went the RB26 ITB conversion as it was recommended at the time. It was about 20kw straight away and about the same response. Race Pace have adapter plates and can do the conversion. Topically this kit is causing us MASIVE dramas right now. We are somehow getting boost into the cooling system. Never had it before in the 6 years of use so I'm not dissing the kit at all we just need to machine and re seal.

Or just use E85 and overcome the 'loss' of torque :) I'm happy with my front facing Jun style plenum. Much easier to work on, shorter piping and response is pretty damn good.

So that's where the pressure is coming from Adz! Wouldn't have thought that...

Sheesh! I knew it was a contentious topic....

Thanks, I think.... :blink:

I spoke with Chris whilst pointing and grunting at Big Red... he gave me some great and simple ideas for improvement. :yes: