SAU Community

Evo Brembo's On Skyline?

I've been looking for Brembo's for some time now but cannot find a good set off a 33 or 34 GTR to put on my GTS t.

I've noticed that Brombo's off Evo's are quite cheap, I'm assuming that they're smaller than GTR unit's but must be better than

standard GTSt brakes. Anyone out there have any experience with such a conversion?

Or have GTR brakes for sale?

The Evo F40 brembos will require Doglegs to fit them to your hubs unlike r33 brembos being a straight bolt on, the caliper design is slightly different overall size is slightly bigger being that the Evo use bigger rotors I assume but as far as braking force goes I'm pretty sure the pistons are of equal size to GTR brembos.

• 1 month later...

Evo 6s have brilliant brakes out of the box .

I'm very interested in the 350 conversion provided it goes in 17/8.5/30P Rays LMGT4s but I need to know what you do to correct the brake bias issue .

Mine is a non ABS R33 so the rear brakes would have to work harder or be upgraded as well .

What we REALLY need is a safe reliable rear brake upgrade and I suppose it needs to use the largest OE GTR discs to keep the hand brake mechanism as is . If that could be done with say std Evo 6-9 rear calipers that makes pad choices easy and in the same family .

A .

Thanks guys, will have a look for the thread, any reason GTR Brembo's cost $2000, and Evo Brembo's are $500????

Maybe cause Evo's that gravel rally throw 15's on and downgrade caliper size and you don't see gtr's rallying. My theory lol

Where was the thread that had the adapters etc? It had Evo 8-9 callipers with Evo 10 rotors i think? Looked the goods...... 350mm brakes at a bargain price, i would still be worried about having an adapter in tho :/

Some of the reason the brembos come up, they're susceptible to bad fade under extreme use on evos and aftermarket calipers for them offer bigger, thicker pad selection.

Won't be all that easy to tell, other than after installation - badly discoloured paint or burnt dust boots are giveaways though.....visible caliper flex and lousy pedal are usual symptoms if they've been overheated.

So , has anyone come up with a rear brake upgrade because big (350mm) front brakes are one thing but the back needs something better than standard to match . Evos don't have small rear brakes .

Also big rotors are going to weigh a bit and its all unsprung mass .

A .

Edited by discopotato03