SAU Community

Spat Power Steering Belt With New Ross Tuffbond

So what ballancer do the japs recommend or use as prefference.?

In regards to rev limit, do you mean set it real high so you dont hit it?

What happens if you manage to get it to spin to the higher limit, wouldnt that be worse?

Your better off setting I higher limiter then bouncing off it.. What Paul said is ideal though

Damn... how will I be cool without banging and flames n shit?

But I never really hit limiter, only by accident...

So theres nothing bad about it hey?

Damn... how will I be cool without banging and flames n shit?

But I never really hit limiter, only by accident...

So theres nothing bad about it hey?

Well lets say you set the "Hard cut" at 8600 RPM, and you start pulling timing from 8300 RPM but aim to change gears at 8000 RPM it won't make a difference as you're never in that bit of the map anyway. If you do find yourself up there, the car will feel sluggish, so you change gears.

He has a RPM limiter for 0km/hr of 1000rpm, it's no his fault :)

ohhh, so its gonna be like that is it.... ;)

Really?!

RB30's love dirty big launches. Dial up 8000rpm, drop the clutch and get ready to grab 2nd before the limiter :D

You sir, are not right in the head. 8000rpm and drop the clutch?? That thing of yours must love the abuse.. and your car does too.

Well lets say you set the "Hard cut" at 8600 RPM, and you start pulling timing from 8300 RPM but aim to change gears at 8000 RPM it won't make a difference as you're never in that bit of the map anyway. If you do find yourself up there, the car will feel sluggish, so you change gears.

Get a real ECU. :) Motec randomiser and soft cut allows you to pick a RPM window to cut. So if you set a 300rpm window it could start to cut some cylinders a 8000 and increase to full cut by 8300rpm. The wider the window the more gradual the cut.

ohhh, so its gonna be like that is it.... ;)

Give me a fair run at powercruise and I may stop the trolling... maybe haha

Get a real ECU. :) Motec randomiser and soft cut allows you to pick a RPM window to cut. So if you set a 300rpm window it could start to cut some cylinders a 8000 and increase to full cut by 8300rpm. The wider the window the more gradual the cut.

I think he has Microtech? That's a real ECU *cough* carby *cough* just joke piggaz xoxo

Give me a fair run at powercruise and I may stop the trolling... maybe haha

I think he has Microtech? That's a real ECU *cough* carby *cough* just joke piggaz xoxo

I'm sorry but I have to disagree

Carbies do a much better job. True story

• 2 months later...

Quick thread revival.. Just wondering how the OP went in the end? Did you fix your problem??

I will find out within 2 weeks when I hit the track, I machined front lip on balancer down to 1mm over belt height, and bead blasted all the shiny black anodising off the belt grooves. I went back to the strip and did the same things that spat it last time, it stayed on. Will know for sure after I get to track. Ill keep you posted

I dont know about the OP but my Ross balancer was spitting powersteering belts, we slotted the powersteering bracket so it came 5mm forward and now after 5 trackdays and 3 drag days its all good.

Mine is a 25/30 also, using the 25 bracket and pump.

I think it has something to do with either using the powersteering pump and bracket of a 25, 26 or a 30.

Or I could be totaly wrong.................