SAU Community

Car Insurance Renewal In Victoria....

stealth01

+1 for Lumley

I quoted through everyone else and Lumly was by far the best value.

Full disclosure on mods, high powered category, agreed value, $500 excess, limited myself to driving the GTR 4 days a week instead of full time to save a tonne. If you have a daily driver, then this is the best path to take.

$900 premium

Hi,

Can I recommend you get a quote from LSV (Lumley Special Vehicles)

Edited by DarrenJC

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would they know how much you use the car? Km's?

Nah, it goes by particular days. So if you're insured Friday sat Sunday. And u smash it on Wednesday. They probably won't cover it

Just called shannons, they want 2.8k. That's a couple hundred more than what i am paying with just cars however excess is only $500 compared to the 2.6k just cars want me to pay LOL. Shannons are insuring me for 27k where as just cars only 22k

Nah, it goes by particular days. So if you're insured Friday sat Sunday. And u smash it on Wednesday. They probably won't cover it

With Shannons?

That's not what they told me. There was no mention of which days I can use my car. I asked how they actually prove that I only use my car a day or two a week and they said they'd go around and ask neighbours how often it goes out and stuff. He kinda said it in a way that made me think TBH they don't give a shit and know they would struggle to prove I went beyond "Limited Use". At no time did I tell them what days I'll drive it.

Oh. He asked me what days I would use it. It really shows the inconsistency of the company. I wonder if I called up for another quote with the same details and if the price would be different.

This was all this morning

The first and second time I went to insure I was knocked back, the third time I wasn't. You're right, it's very inconsistant, depends on the person. I think I'll consider getting a quote from Lumley closer the time my car arrives.

+1 for Lumley

I quoted through everyone else and Lumly was by far the best value.

Full disclosure on mods, high powered category, agreed value, $500 excess, limited myself to driving the GTR 4 days a week instead of full time to save a tonne. If you have a daily driver, then this is the best path to take.

$900 premium

Great stuff Darren! Am pleased you got something decent.

I think they're great if you haven't got a trashed history & you even have a daily driver, they're worth a go. Not everyone does I know but if anyone is searching for a quotes at the moment, give Lumley Special Vehicles (LSV) a go. Disclosure is the key. Got mine with them too.

(P.S I don't work for LSV.. Just have exposure to a lot of different companies & policy wordings in my job)

Cheers

:wave:

Great stuff Darren! Am pleased you got something decent.

I think they're great if you haven't got a trashed history & you even have a daily driver, they're worth a go. Not everyone does I know but if anyone is searching for a quotes at the moment, give Lumley Special Vehicles (LSV) a go. Disclosure is the key. Got mine with them too.

(P.S I don't work for LSV.. Just have exposure to a lot of different companies & policy wordings in my job)

Cheers

:wave:

Lumley wouldn't insure me coz i have lost my licence in the past 4 years :(

Lumley wouldn't insure me coz i have lost my licence in the past 4 years :(

Hm, that's no good, :/ Hm, none of them really take kindly to loss of license but once you're past the 5 yr mark, you're on your way. Did you manage to find another & get cover with someone else though hopefully?

I lost my license through court because the judge was a flamin mongrel. Lost it for a month. And the insurance laughed at me when I said it and said that's not long enough to be considered.

That was a hard month

Hm, that's no good, :/ Hm, none of them really take kindly to loss of license but once you're past the 5 yr mark, you're on your way. Did you manage to find another & get cover with someone else though hopefully?

Yeah with shannons. 27k agreed but 2.8k premium :/ a bit more expensive than when i was with just cars but my excess is like 2k less and my car insured for about 5k more lol

i lost my licence once, made a police report, and got a new one.

I lost my license through court because the judge was a flamin mongrel. Lost it for a month. And the insurance laughed at me when I said it and said that's not long enough to be considered.

That was a hard month

Clearly you guys aren't as cool as me :P

Edited by topher_

Weird, Shannons quotd me around $1800, LSV around ~650 ($1500 excess) and Enthusiast special vehicle a little lower than LSV with a $750 excess.

Justcars quoted $1500 and RACV $1000.

LSV, Enthusiast & Shannons are limited or very limited use policies :)

I think LSV (Lumley Special Vehicles) must have a subtle decision to decide whether you are limited use or not because I they do ask the questions that ascertain how much and for what the car is used. (having just done a quote for my first Skyline (WHICH I SHOULD GET TOMORROW f**k YEAH!))

Because I am seeing some price gaps of like ~$650 and ~$950 and they only offer comprehensive cover. My quote was for $936.7 ish with the same $1,500 excess and I explained it was my only car for daily use and work commute. So they might not advertise it but I suspect they have limited use and unlimited use policies and they just make the call themselves to perhaps stop making people aware of the option so everyone doesn't just lie and say it's limited use.

Edited by jukic.j

• 3 weeks later...

Not looking forward to my renewal in March next year at all. In the past year I've had an absolute nightmare of a time on the roads. License suspension, an accident and my subsequent policy going back to a rating three. All of that coupled with the increase in the cost of insuring imports=not a lot of fun.