SAU Community

My 94 R32 Gt-R Build Diary

What i want to know is if there is a big power difference inbetween the two plenums ?

From what I can understand is that for big power RB26 applications single throttle plenums are the way to go when you're running a single turbocharger setup, whilst six throttle plenums are more useful for retaining low mount / oem turbo chargers.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Ants

From what I can understand is that for big power RB26 applications single throttle plenums are the way to go when you're running a single turbocharger setup, whilst six throttle plenums are more useful for retaining low mount / oem turbo chargers.

Hope that helps.

first ive heard of that...

people are making 900hp plus with the standard plenum and throttles! the thing with the 6 throttles is that it causes a slight disruption with air flow (turblulence) and can be hard to tune, however there are plenty of people that can tune them and do time and time again

first ive heard of that...

people are making 900hp plus with the standard plenum and throttles! the thing with the 6 throttles is that it causes a slight disruption with air flow (turblulence) and can be hard to tune, however there are plenty of people that can tune them and do time and time again

Look mate, I acknowledge that standard RB26 plenum can be used in high horsepower RB26's. HOWEVER, Standard throttle bodies on big powered RB26 can cause difficulty when tuning the car (as you have mentioned) and research has found that single throttle setup ups for big power applications (500+kw) are better for flow and tuning.

Just have a look at all the big powered RB26's (500+kw) and you will see they do not use standard six TB's.

Also, I do not see many low mount set-ups running single throttle plenums, why?... because there is F all performance gained from that upgrade at that power level.

Edited by Ants

Look mate, I acknowledge that standard RB26 plenum can be used in high horsepower RB26's. HOWEVER, Standard throttle bodies on big powered RB26 can cause difficulty when tuning the car (as you have mentioned) and research has found that single throttle setup ups for big power applications (500+kw) are better for flow and tuning.

Just have a look at all the big powered RB26's (500+kw) and you will see they do not use standard six TB's.

Also, I do not see many low mount set-ups running single throttle plenums, why?... because there is F all performance gained from that upgrade at that power level.

no need to get up on your high horse about it! clearly you are a little sensitive on the issue but im not going to get in an E fight with you when clearly you cant except either

Nope, not sensitive on that issue.

I don't have a high horse either....Just stating a fact buddy.

Now lets just move on and give this build thread back Sedat.

• 1 month later...

There has been a massive delay with my build. The workshop who is doing my build is moving from Campbellfield to Sunshine, once they are settled in my build is going to commence. In the mean while i have picked up a Nitto oil pump.

Parts that i have so far:

HKS Cam Gears

HKS Fuel Rail

HKS T51R SPL with T62R front wheel

HKS Manfiold

HKS 60mm Wastegate

Nitto 2.8 Stroker

Nitto Oil Pump

N1 Block

Mildy ported RB26 heads with bronze valve guides ready to be sent off for a massive overhaul + CnC porting.

Edited by Tyranus

• 1 month later...

After a MASSIVE delay it has finally arrived.. my Nitto 2.8 stroker..

20130712_141733_zpse4e99e41.jpg

20130712_141748_zps32c7dc4f.jpg

20130712_142019_zpsaf3a8493.jpg

20130712_142013_zps5b95eebe.jpg

20130712_141742_zps909c6fea.jpg

20130712_141858_zps5bd847b9.jpg

20130712_141842_zpsd7da462a.jpg

20130712_150515_zps28ef25d1.jpg

20130712_150643_zps32d5cc3f.jpg

Because i had to wait so long for my stroker to come i took my mechanics daily for a little "test" drive. Least to say i was very impressed with the cars stock performance.

20130712_142908_zps078429db.jpg

20130712_142729_zps6c67bd25.jpg

Hope that helps.

For a whizzer as big as you are planning to run, go the 90mm single throttle body plenum. It will be easier to tune. Any advantage of ITB's will be negated by such a large turbo and the delivery it will provide.

I don't buy into the 'single TB for big power, ITB's for small power' internet theory. It's been disproved in the real world time and time again. Single TB's are simpler to tune with.... and big power with an rb26 means big lag. The main advantages of ITB's are in the lower end or transient throttle- both of these areas are 'dulled' down with a large turbo.

Personally I chose to stick with ITB's, greddy plenum and twin trust td06 l2's on my rb28. I believe I achieve better throttle response, better transient response, higher intake air speed, more even air volume between cylinders and a better sound.

Cheers

Justin

For a whizzer as big as you are planning to run, go the 90mm single throttle body plenum. It will be easier to tune. Any advantage of ITB's will be negated by such a large turbo and the delivery it will provide.

I don't buy into the 'single TB for big power, ITB's for small power' internet theory. It's been disproved in the real world time and time again. Single TB's are simpler to tune with.... and big power with an rb26 means big lag. The main advantages of ITB's are in the lower end or transient throttle- both of these areas are 'dulled' down with a large turbo.

Personally I chose to stick with ITB's, greddy plenum and twin trust td06 l2's on my rb28. I believe I achieve better throttle response, better transient response, higher intake air speed, more even air volume between cylinders and a better sound.

Cheers

Justin

+1 on the better sound!

Small update:

Nitto oil pump is arriving this week.

Ordered these parts which should also be coming this week:

Tomei Oil Restrictor

ACL Race Bearings (Main & Conrods)

ARP Main Studs

ARP Head Studs

Nitto Full Gasket Kit

Nitto 1.5mm Head Gasket