SAU Community

My 94 R32 Gt-R Build Diary

Hey Pete! Ive been wanting to come over but when i do our GT-R talk goes on and on and on lol i dont want to distract you from your work.

Brendo is a gun, im very happy with his work and i wont go to anyone else.

That hpyertune plenum is... just wow, WOW. When i first saw it i couldn't believe how high quality the finish was. Its amazing, almost feel bad putting it onto the head and into my engine bay lol..It was well worth the wait, my hpyertune V2 FMIC is due to come in next week if not today im curious to see how that turns out.

Ive decided to go with a different turbo setup, when we get the chance to catch up ill fill you in. And as for that window guy he is one cocky mother f**ker. But we put him in his place and he ran into his shop like the bitch he is lol.

Edited by Tyranus

Swing past on Sunday afternoons and evenings. its the time and day/evening that im sort of free to slack off and talk (supposed to be working on ours), Monday to Saturday im under the pump with work. :)

Yes i heard about the turbo, best move you made, could never work out why you were building around a T51R dinosaurous (was going to be your turbos nick name), now your talking about some good shit.

Still planning a dirty 30 next?

3.2L stroker.....DO IT!!!!!!! (if you can afford it) :D

Ill call you on Sunday and ill come past. The turbo im getting is going to be a touch laggy on my 2.8 but im future proofing myself for my RB32 build. Fortunately i do have the money so yes i will be doing it lol.

• Like 1

Remind me to talk to you about strokers, rod stroke ratios and side loads on the pistons and bores when you come over.

In a nutshell make sure you anti friction coat your pistons like we did on our 26/30 when you go 3.2L, the latest 2.8 and 3.4 big power stroker tear downs are showing high side loads on cylinder walls and pistons at a few workshops, James's 3.4L 2JZ got coated on the freshen up after Barry found excessive loads on the bores.

I think its the rod stroke ratio thats not helping as its half way down the bore when the rods at its max angle.....pistons were coated to help reduce the wear pattern on rebuild.

The ideally rod stroke ratio is around 1.75:1, the lower you go down from that ratio, the more side loading, the higher you go the more chance of detonation as the piston stays up top for too long.

The lower the ratio, the faster you can safely rev the engine as the piston is traveling slower down the bore, hence why 2.8L like to rev and do so safely, higher ratios get the same piston speeds at lower revs, hence why you dont reed to rev a RB30 (yet RIPS takes them to over 10,000Rpm).

RB26 rod stroke ratio is 1.65:1

RB28 rod stroke ratio is 1.56:1

RB30 rod stroke ratio is 1.77:1

RB32 rod stroke ratio is 1.68:1

RB34 rod stroke ratio is 1.62:1

3.2L is not far off the mark........

Bring your camera to get shots of our catch can.

Edited by GTRPSI

Remind me to talk to you about strokers, rod stroke ratios and side loads on the pistons and bores when you come over.

In a nutshell make sure you anti friction coat your pistons like we did on our 26/30 when you go 3.2L, the latest 2.8 and 3.4 big power stroker tear downs are showing high side loads on cylinder walls and pistons at a few workshops, James's 3.4L 2JZ got coated on the freshen up after Barry found excessive loads on the bores.

I think its the rod stroke ratio thats not helping as its half way down the bore when the rods at its max angle.....pistons were coated to help reduce the wear pattern on rebuild.

The ideally rod stroke ratio is around 1.75:1, the lower you go down from that ratio, the more side loading, the higher you go the more chance of detonation as the piston stays up top for too long.

The lower the ratio, the faster you can safely rev the engine as the piston is traveling slower down the bore, hence why 2.8L like to rev and do so safely, higher ratios get the same piston speeds at lower revs, hence why you dont reed to rev a RB30 (yet RIPS takes them to over 10,000Rpm).

RB26 rod stroke ratio is 1.65:1

RB28 rod stroke ratio is 1.56:1

RB30 rod stroke ratio is 1.77:1

RB32 rod stroke ratio is 1.68:1

RB34 rod stroke ratio is 1.62:1

3.2L is not far off the mark........

Bring your camera to get shots of our catch can.

Cheers Pete, looking forward to another lecture from the GT-R KING himself lol.

That plenum is beautiful!!!!!

Keep up the great work, looks like a lot of fun

Cheers Jordy.

Dont forget to read this to lay the power down and get good launches, thought id let the cat out of the bag.....

http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/436604-transfer-case-rebuild/page-2

Barry should have no issues doing it for you, i promised to show him 6-9 months ago but didnt get around to it yet as i dont have much time during my long working hours, now you can show him for me and he can start offering the service.

The mod is done while the box is out, simply swap the transfer case from your stock box over to the dog box when you get it.

Edit, Henry will understand it, i gave him a hint about it while he was working on a noisy LSD on a FWD Honda (Civic?), mentioned the clutch pack arrangement mod to him while it was out and he understood me, its exactly the same principal.

Edited by GTRPSI

Just spent this arvo making a new windage tray for the same sump as yours by hand, a bit of a twist to the original tomie one.

Will show you when you pop over.

Dont call, just swing past 12 onwards man, ill probably be up late tonight. :)

Nice, cooler Sedat, 14 plates.

Whats the inner diameter of the cooler pipes, thickness of the cooler?

Looks somewhere around 100mm in the pics.

Got pics of the inside through the pipes, wouldnt mind seeing how it looks inside where the plates are.

Whats the core dimensions?

Maybe next time you swing past bring it so we can have a look at it.

Nice, cooler Sedat, 14 plates.

Whats the inner diameter of the cooler pipes, thickness of the cooler?

Looks somewhere around 100mm in the pics.

Got pics of the inside through the pipes, wouldnt mind seeing how it looks inside where the plates are.

Whats the core dimensions?

Maybe next time you swing past bring it so we can have a look at it.

Next time i come past ill bring it along for you.

Awesome build mate! What kind of compression is your motor going to have?

Cheers Pete! I havent decided on my comp yet.. it wont be anything to high.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Pete lol. I havent been online since my pc shat it self so i havent logged on. Im getting the rb30 block this week and i have purchased the pro engines stage 3 rb30 sump adapter kit.

• 3 weeks later...