SAU Community

My 94 R32 Gt-R Build Diary

Nice build .. Look forward to seeing what numbers you punch out of the nitto stroker .

And sucks to hear about low life's that bullshit to make a sale .

Edited by ezy_09s

Sucks to hear about the bullshit mate! I don't get why you would even risk ling to that extent. You could actually get in allot of trouble. False advertising etc...

O well. Can't wait to see this turn out....And some 4 wheel skids!!! :D

Have paid for my stroker kit and am now awaiting its arrival. :) :)

You can't blame your self, it wasn't exactly a random seller. Being a president clearly gave him some credibility, all he did was put a big dent in everyone's trust. It was/is a nice car there was no need to false advertise, engine is healthy and would be perfectly fine for 90% of people's use. However this obviously could have ended REALLY bad!!! cant wait to see this thing on the road!!! Keep the progresss flowing mate

Thanks Pat. The motor was pretty healthy it gave good compression results, engine ran well and the new owner is happy with it sitting in his R34 GT-R.

Nice build .. Look forward to seeing what numbers you punch out of the nitto stroker .

And sucks to hear about low life's that bullshit to make a sale .

Cheers mate, im looking forward to it aswell.

Sucks to hear about the bullshit mate! I don't get why you would even risk ling to that extent. You could actually get in allot of trouble. False advertising etc...

O well. Can't wait to see this turn out....And some 4 wheel skids!!! :D

I have every intention of f**king him up in every way possible if he does not get in contact with me. 4 Wheel power skids FTW!

Imagine if you kept the -5's and went e85 like you had originally planned, that shit could have gone really wrong spinning that thing hard. Personally i would be trying to find his mobile/home number and chatting with him to see what he says. Generally i would have given him the benefit of the doubt and his builder had rolled him, however his shady actions hint other wise (blocking you, not replying etc)

On another note, it's good to see that you are keeping this car and going ahead with your build. You would have regret selling it, especially more so once it's back on the road.

Been a few changes in the build. After the heads get ported every component in the head will be Ferrea. I have ditched the HKS cams for custom made billet 280 IN/EX 11.50 lift cams + HKS Cam gears.

You say that on inspection it had standard cams... but early you said you have dtiched the HKS cams. Doesn't sound suss at all champ.

Also you say that he said it was going to be sold with, but the ad says differently...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/397234-r32-gtr-1994/?hl=%2Brbware

ENGINE
Forged pistons
HKS Cams - You said you removed those...
Complete re-built head w/copper head gasket
Motor balanced, blueprinted and crank tested
Baffled sump
Upom inspecting the block before the sale we see that the following are stock standard.
Standard Rods - Mentions nothing about rods the in the ad, (you know the difference between pistons and conrods right, just checking...)
Standard Rod Nuts and Studs - Mentions nothing about this either
Standard Main Studs - Or this...
Standard Head Studs... or this.........
Standard Cams - Once again think we addressed this....
I dunno man, sucks if it is this way it happened, but what you are saying isn't exactly lining up with whats on the ad.
Also becareful about what you say online, no matter what the outcome, identifying people and then calling people a liar (or as you spell it, lier), is slander and saying you will "f**k them up" is a threat, just saying, wouldn't want to get in shit for that sort of thing.

Bad news: Shane aka RBWARE is a lier.
The block has not been balanced the heads have not been rebuilt.
I dunno man, sucks if it is this way it happened, but what you are saying isn't exactly lining up with whats on the ad.
Also becareful about what you say online, no matter what the outcome, identifying people and then calling people a liar (or as you spell it, lier), is slander and saying you will "f**k them up" is a threat, just saying, wouldn't want to get in shit for that sort of thing.

Firstly, how the hell do you balance a block.......no such thing!

Secondly, I would seriously take "Barricade's" advice and maybe refresh yourself with the rules of this forum.

This is a build thread not a Slander thread!

You've provided no evidence of any written material suggesting what the engine had done to it and likewise no evidence in writing to suggest what it didn't have and how do we know that you haven't ditched the items that were supposed to be in the engine (i.e. post #20 re HKS Cams)............therefore everything said in here is merely heresay.

Take this up with the seller privately but keep it out of here and if he doen't repond to you, that is not this site's problem......on that note though, have you heard the term "caveat emptor"?

You purchased from a private buyer and therefore it was your responsibility to have the car checked out before you purchased it.....private sales do not cater for warrant or guarantees!

I'm going to say this once, cease the slagging or face a ban from this place....and that goes for anyone else that wants to keep going down this road.

• Like 1

I assume you morons are here to back him up. I never ditched HKS cams, i was going to buy hks cams for my car read my post properly.

I wanted to take it up privately but he has already blocked me and i have no idea why. I was blocked before i made the post about him being a lier which he is.

Edited by Tyranus

Been a few changes in the build. After the heads get ported every component in the head will be Ferrea. I have ditched the HKS cams for custom made billet 280 IN/EX 11.50 lift cams + HKS Cam gears.

Just so you can see what you wrote... See the bold part where you said you have, you meaning you did it already, not that you are going to.

Me, the moron, I think not.

And you didn't address anything else mentioned, you know about the ad not mentioning anything you whinged about.

And also insulting Pete, not withstanding that he is a mod, is really stupid. How about you think before you type something, because clearly that is not something you have been doing up to this point.

And just incase you are able to read above an 8th grade level, check caveat emptor:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/caveat_emptor

YES I DITCHED THE CAM'S = HKS STEP 2 272 CAMS that iwas going to buy. The car NEVER HAD HKS STEP 1 cams it cam with stock cams with ISC cam gears. I still have my HKS cam gears and will be going into my gt-r.

Yes. you are the moron.

f**k him up was out of line i can admit that, i was raging back then and i still am know. I will f**k him up legally in every way i can.

I didnt mean to offend anyone im just in pure rage atm.

So lets go through this.

He claimed the car had hks step 1cams = it had stock cams

He claimed the car had forged rods= it had stock rods

He claimed the car had rebuilt/cleaned heads= the heads were not touched.

I sold the engine for nearly half the price that i had originally agreed on, so you should be able to understand why im raging.

Edited by Tyranus

Like i said i would had preferred to this to be handled privately but RBWARE saw fit to block me. If a mod wants to clean up the thread so be it i dont want my rebuild thread ruined because of some scum bag.

I understand your pain man I bought a new Trust oil pump for my GTR build off a member on here got it built in the car and running when i had oil problems. sent new turbos back to be inspected and put restrictors in the turbo oil feeds before I realised the problem (115psi at idle and 150psi at 2000rpm). Had to pull the engine back out and took it back to the builder to get it checked cause we thought the relief valve might be jammed. Turns out it is either a knock off copy or its been fiddled with. The relief spring was too long and hit on the bung before opening fully and it also had what appears to be a stock RB25 spring. No recourse I PM'd the seller no reply. Unfortunately there's not much you can do except move on. The last thing you wanna do is waste more time and energy to get no where with this guy. It's sad that people are dishonest and it doesn't instill much faith in mankind but at the end of the day the same thing could've and I'm sure has happend on many occasions with cars imported from japan. Just lucky you didn't go ahead with the original plan and end up with an engine worth $0.

If Barricade & Sled are such great proponents of the seller; perhaps they could give him a little heads up about the unfolding situation?

I don't think the guy was going to strip the motor in the guys driveway to see if he was telling the truth; with a good rep he was taken at face value.

Quoting stuff like Caveat Emptor and insulting people's spelling is really awesome too; but here's something the previous owner has missed.

Lie someone who has access to a computer and they can badmouth you ALL THEY LIKE.

And they can do it in front of ALL your buddies.

Don't lie to people; you won't get caught out. ;)

'Nuff said.

Has anyone read a single thing that I posted?

Again I'll say it.....read the forum rules.....everything you say in here is merely heresay and therefore anything you say about the seller is Slander!

Say and do whatever you like on the internet but not in here.....if you don't like what I'm saying, feel free to complain to the owner who put the rules in place.

My job is not to protect anyone in here other than enforce the rules that are in place.

This is a final warning....anyone that choses to continue down this path is going to get a nice long holiday from this place.

EDIT: ......and this thread will be shut down as well.

I understand your pain man I bought a new Trust oil pump for my GTR build off a member on here got it built in the car and running when i had oil problems. sent new turbos back to be inspected and put restrictors in the turbo oil feeds before I realised the problem (115psi at idle and 150psi at 2000rpm). Had to pull the engine back out and took it back to the builder to get it checked cause we thought the relief valve might be jammed. Turns out it is either a knock off copy or its been fiddled with. The relief spring was too long and hit on the bung before opening fully and it also had what appears to be a stock RB25 spring. No recourse I PM'd the seller no reply. Unfortunately there's not much you can do except move on. The last thing you wanna do is waste more time and energy to get no where with this guy. It's sad that people are dishonest and it doesn't instill much faith in mankind but at the end of the day the same thing could've and I'm sure has happend on many occasions with cars imported from japan. Just lucky you didn't go ahead with the original plan and end up with an engine worth $0.

Cheers mate. As a friend of mentioned earlier thank god i didnt go ahead with -5 + E85 plans or else i would had been royally f**ked. Im building my new engine from ground up and will have a piece of mind knowing that the engine is going to be bullet proof and will have this build thread as evidence for future reference.

If Barricade & Sled are such great proponents of the seller; perhaps they could give him a little heads up about the unfolding situation?

I don't think the guy was going to strip the motor in the guys driveway to see if he was telling the truth; with a good rep he was taken at face value.

Quoting stuff like Caveat Emptor and insulting people's spelling is really awesome too; but here's something the previous owner has missed.

Lie someone who has access to a computer and they can badmouth you ALL THEY LIKE.

And they can do it in front of ALL your buddies.

Don't lie to people; you won't get caught out. ;)

'Nuff said.

Yes his reputation amongst SAU made me trust him more than the average joe. I also was a total GT-R nub at the time of purchase. I didnt know half the things i know now besides the basic things etc. If someone f**ks me over and has blocked me from PM'ing him i will by all means NAME & SHAME him.

Edited by Tyranus

Anyway back onto the build, i have paid for my Nitto 2.8 stroker kit and my forged rods are being made as we speak. The kit should arrive next week cant wait! so excited !

Anyway back onto the build, i have paid for my Nitto 2.8 stroker kit and my forged rods are being made as we speak. The kit should arrive next week cant wait! so excited !

Cool.

Make sure you post pics up :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Slight update:

-My Nitto kit has not arrived as Nitto have not finished making my conrods yet.

-Purchased a N1 block.

-Machining of the block starts next week.

Its slowly coming together expect alot of pictures in the up coming weeks, cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Im looking at getting a hypertune plenum for my build. Ive been told that if i get a hypertune plenum it would change the sound of my gt-r.. Apparently it would loose its iconic rb sound.. Can someone shed some light on this?