SAU Community

Auto Dipping Stopped Functioning On My Wing Mirrors.

M35

ok just noticed last night that when I go to reverse, my wing mirrors wont dip anymore. All functionality are working fine

it just wont dip. Is there a switch located on the auto lever hiding somewhere? and how to remove the plate to have a look? Is this a common fault on a stageas?

There is a little button down near you "right knee" little round push button. Thats where it is on mine. Hope this helps

God I felt like a dumb ass!! :unsure: I tried the button and wing mirrors back to normal again, I must have knocked it when I was wiring up my front doors

for courtesy lights. Thank you Josh. ;)

• 1 month later...

i didnt know i had it untill i got my first service done when they done a computer diagnostic check and they dipped after that but they stopped working again after a week or so.

so its handy to know there is a button to turn them on and off :)

Do yours work ok?

With mine when you put it back in drive they move up a tiny bit more than they move down so after a couple of times they're way off. So I just leave them off

That happens with mine as well, although more so with the passenger mirror. I've just got used to every so often flicking the mirror joystick to lower it.

Along with the auto dipping function on mine the mirrors also automatically fold in when I lock the car and unfold when I start the motor.

What I don't understand is why they don't install the auto switch near the power mirror controls, then the button would make more sense to people. Still, it is exciting discovering extra features later on.

There are aftermarket devices that can easily be fitted to any car with power mirrors such as this one from http://www.LaneFX.com/ . The settings on this one can be adjusted and it has other features such as blind spot cover when changing lanes. I was planning on fitting this to my R31 but first I have to install power mirrors to the "pov pack".

Edited by QJQ