SAU Community

Which R34 Gt-R ?

hey guys ive been saving and have enough to get a 34 gtr with a bit leftover to do some mods, and i wanted to know which version of the 34 gtr is the best. what i mean is if you had the money which 34 gtr would you get ? also not going to keep it stock so it has to be easy to mod if that helps. cheers for the help in advance guys

Without knowing your budget, the 2nd Q is of course easier to answer than the 1st.

So going up the scale of Non VS > VS > MS > VS2 > Nur > MS Nur > VS2 Nur > VS N1 > VS2 N1 that came directly out of the Nissan factory, I would go for the VS model (albeit that everything else is ideal about the car).

In my opinion i wouldnt get too hung up on which one to go for, i would just focus on getting an accident free, rust free good example (if that is what you are after). as in the future a banged up rusted out nur will be worth less that an immaculate original non vs imo, grade 5 non vs are already chasing really good money in japan.

just my 2c

Considering you plan on modifying the car, I would suggest looking for a clean base model car. Any upgrades to the engine or suspension will trump the models above it anyway, so save some money initially.

Try to find the best "overall" condition car you can... in my opinion VS make sense more than base model, you get some nice goodies with VS for not much more money. but condition is more important than anything else.

Whatever you buy, please do yourself a favour and get it checked over by a professional.. I'm sure there is a fair share of Skylines out there that many look mint but could be a bucket of rust. Same with any car really.

I would personally get a Nur over an N1 which is pretty much the same car but more of a road going car with the mod cons unless you are trying to save a couple of kg's and planing to do Time attack/ track work, but i may also be biased. if you plan on modding a nice Vspec 2 would be the go

I would personally get a Nur over an N1 which is pretty much the same car but more of a road going car with the mod cons unless you are trying to save a couple of kg's and planing to do Time attack/ track work, but i may also be biased. if you plan on modding a nice Vspec 2 would be the go

That's ridiculous! You're biased! Oh hang on...I am too...

Bang for buck the base model is an easy choice, but if I had the money I'd take a vs2. The most important thing to look for is a clean non accident car

Oh and if you want to know what a clean one looks like, ask gtrsean or Terry if you can have a look at their cars in the flesh

That's ridiculous! You're biased! Oh hang on...I am too...

Haha yes you are!! and if we were talking collectable N1 would be the choice just by numbers made and yours is prob the best example in OZ i'm a big fan V nice car

hey guys ive been saving and have enough to get a 34 gtr with a bit leftover to do some mods, and i wanted to know which version of the 34 gtr is the best. what i mean is if you had the money which 34 gtr would you get ? also not going to keep it stock so it has to be easy to mod if that helps. cheers for the help in advance guys

You have fantastic taste in cars.

I think you'll find it will come down to budget and what is available on the market when you are ready to purchase.

Personally, when I was searching I wanted either a vspec I or vspec II. Was not fussed as there are only a few small variations between these two particular models. I just wanted her to be clean, close to stock (In the hope that she has had an easier life) and bayside blue.

A base model could meet your requirements. Based on your plans, it just depends if you want the factory diffusers and extra sensors on the MFD. You may already have plans to change the diffusers, suspension - etc so take this in to account.

I suggest going out and viewing a few that are currently on the market. What I found when shopping was although they are all R34 GTR's, they all have an individual different feel and personality. Some I could sense may have seen a bit (or a lot) of track time, others were still nice and tight with KM consistent with the age and wear and tear presented.

Dont focus too much on 'model', but more so on 'condition'. And when it does come to 'budget', remember a bit more money wisely spent now on a well presented, reliable example may mean money saved later.

Depending how particular you are, patience is a virtue. Some of the cheaper examples have been for sale for quite some time and may raise a few educated eyebrows.

Hope this helps, good luck with the search and I look forward to seeing the result.