SAU Community

R34 compliance

Anyone interested in having an R34 complianced under RAWS (new rules) please leave a message on this thread.

We will compliance a sample vehicle at no cost to you, as we require a vehicle to gain our R34 compliance.

We are in Sydney.

this might help... its part of the RAWS newsletter downloadable HERE

3) Analysis

An analysis to demonstrate compliance needs to show clearly that the vehicle would comply with the requirements of the ADR if tested. ADR 29 is an energy absorption test, so the analysis must demonstrate that, if tested, the vehicle structure would be able to absorb the required amount of energy.

The methods listed below are acceptable. However, other methods that also demonstrate compliance may be accepted.

a) A complex stress analysis of the structure could be conducted. This would need to take into account the strength of each of the key components (Side door intrusion beam, door latch, hinges, door-frame and the attachment points to the vehicle). It is expected that the load path during the test will change as different components buckle and yield, so the analysis should take into account a stepwise method looking at each of the loaded structures in turn.

All assumptions need to be justified by partial tests, materials analysis etc.

B) Finite element analysis is acceptable, but also would need to justify all assumptions made about the structure, and materials properties would need to be determined by scientific analysis (tensile strength test or hardness test).

A typical finite element analysis would need to demonstrate an appropriate mesh structure, particularly around the areas of stress concentration. The computations should be used to generate a load vs deflection plot from which the crush resistance can be calculated.

The model would need to be validated by a test representative of key door structures.

c) A comparison with a similarly sized full volume vehicle could be acceptable. However, this comparison must demonstrate that the full volume vehicle is the worst case. This method will need to be supported by partial test evidence, for example showing back to back testing of doors from each vehicle supported at the hinges and door latch. In this case, the test results would need to demonstrate that the used imported vehicle door provided at least as much crush resistance as the full volume vehicle door.

In all cases particular attention must be given to the properties of steel when it reaches yield stress, and to the end conditions of beams in bending.

RAWs Inspections

During the inspection of several RAWS applicants in recent weeks, VSS inspectors have been concerned by the obvious lack of care by the RAW in conducting the initial vehicle inspection for damage, and in completing the vehicle checklist.

The RAWs inspection conducted by VSS performs several functions, firstly it is intended to prove that the RAW holds evidence to demonstrate compliance with the evidence requirements. Secondly it is intended to prove that the RAW applicant’s quality system has procedures and work instructions to give us confidence that subsequent vehicles fitted with plates by the RAW will have evidence to ensure compliance just as the sample vehicle does.

RAWs are reminded that it is an offence to fit a plate to a vehicle that they do not have evidence for. Committing an offence against the Act means that the RAW is no longer a Fit and Proper Person and the approval will be cancelled.

Where modifications are made to the vehicle the RAW needs to ensure that this vehicle matches the sample vehicle evidence, that the modifications are performed in accordance with the sample evidence and that at the final sign off everything is confirmed as being done in accordance with the procedures.

I am contemplating ordering my R34GTR sooner than I expected and may be able to assist you. However, being a little unfamilar with the exact process can I ask, what's involved, & how long will you need it for?

We need it not to do the testing, only to actually do the mods to it, then you have it back, then for 2 days whilst the engineers go over it.

Thats it. It helps you and us. Let us know.

serious people only though, only need one. We have had compliances before, and are one of the bigger shops in Sydney. have been around since the mid 90's doing compliancing, etc.

Otherwise we will just buy our own, but that is option two for us.

woops, just read the "no cost" - my bad. I AM SO YOUR MAN!!! :D:)

i'll be in touch, or J-Spec (the ppl i'm going through) will be.

cheers! :)

OK, thats fine. Only one thing though, all RAWS vehicles require, as per Canberra rules, that the vehicle be totally (TOTALLY) original, i.e: no different wheels, exhaust, etc, etc. Must be stock. What you do to it after compliance & rego is up to you though.....

If still wanting a free compliance, please post and we will contact you.

With the compliance comes free brake pads, air, oil filters etc. The only thing you supply is a new exhaust catalytic converter and Australian tyres, as would any of the customers as in past with the old compliances scheme.

Cheers.

Yep, taken care of. Have arranged for Stock GT-T rims to be put on the car in Japan. The only aftermarket iteam is a Head Unit, is that a problem? Nismo kit is factory, exhaust factory, intake factory, everything factory except rims which will be changed for stock rims.  

sound ok? oh, i sent ya a PM as well.

EDIT: could i get some contact details as well pls? Phone #, name, company, etc? PM me if you want.  

cheers.

I have PM'd you. No need to publicise a pending private deal.

Cheers.

We still do not have anyone 100% to do this. If anyone wants this, let us know.

We will give it a 2 week window of opportunity, then if no takers we go with option two for us and someone misses out.

It is for real. This is fairly common practice actually.

Yes, it is still up for grabs, BUT we need someone NOW....

Have had a couple of people who wasted our time, so yes, PM us back.

raws: um... i haven't been able to get onto you directly, but have organised everything with millisa???

You've got the VIN number of the car, the Build date, i sent you the invoice - car is paid for, shipping is being organised.

I thought we had worked everything out, or at least Millisa had told you what was going on?

EDIT: PM Sent