SAU Community

Duncan Foster Open Day With Nitto Showcase

Gerg_R31

Can't believe I'm saying this....

can't come.

sorry guys.

block has to go back in.

mates helping tomorrow, and I've booked for the exhaust this week.

I can do the head myself, can't pick up the gearbox solo....

so, block, box, tail shaft and front drive shafts being done tomorrow.

take lots of pics, and have a great day.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I'm copying Luke.

Won't be making it either - same reason. Motor gots to go in and still way too many things to do before it can. Mine's booked in for it's tune on the 5th and next weekend is committed already.

Sorry I'm missing out on this, was really looking forward to it.

I can't believe I'm copying Luke.

Won't be making it either - same reason. Motor gots to go in and still way too many things to do before it can. Mine's booked in for it's tune on the 5th and next weekend is committed already.

Sorry I'm missing out on this, was really looking forward to it.

mines booked for the tune on the 5th also.

tune buddy's?

but, booked for exhaust on Tuesday.

This was a good day!

Also quite good having a chat with Greg and Simon after the official walk through Q&A time.

To everyone whinging about sleep, I went to sleep in a house at about 1AM in the morning, was woken by a screaming child during the night, I then got up heaps early, and drove from around 30 minutes south of Nowra. Please HTFU you lot.

Thanks to those that turned up, 34 people was more then we expected for our first open day

we are talking of doing this again next year

And on lack of sleep, i finished here at 1:30am and was awake by 7 and back in at 9:30 :P

Now to go home and get my drink on :D

Many thanks to the experts there at Duncan Foster + Simon who did a wonderful presentation + The Nitto guys for their stall + the Ross guys for their stall + the SAU guys who asked the Qs

1/16

P1050005.jpg

2/16

P1050004.jpg

3/16

P1050001.jpg

4/16

P1040999.jpg

Good day guys, all I need now is a 3.4 stroker crank and a neo head and the boat can re to 10,000rpm.

That and a fuel upgrade and the other associated bits and pieces that would be needed.

Twas a very informative time.

That little gremlin was a angry little thing.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Hi mate, did you work this out? I have the same issue with my 32!  Cheers
    • I currently have someone who is interested in buying the rear set, plus he has asked me to quote him on an equivalent front set, new of course.   I'll post up what a new set would cost and you can make a decision then. I noted a bit of discussion on spring rates versus swaybar rates, Duncan has explained my approach very well.  What I would add is that if you have high spring rates then it is a PIA to change them if you want to, say, do a track day.  Whereas with adj swaybars it's a much easier task. Plus if you find that there is an imbalance in the handling (oversteer vs understeer preference for you) it is relatively easy to change the balance with adj of the swaybars, again much more difficult with springs.  On the race cars we don't change spring rates all that often, we do however change damper rates frequently, high speed vs low speed bump and rebound independently.  A tuning task not for the inexperienced, driver or engineer.  Driver adj swaybars are adj frequently, several times in 20 minute race is not unusual.   Cheers Gary
    • Yes. The difference between a $1k centre and a $2k centre is not worth it when the whole exercise will cost double that anyway.
    • An excellent question. Both answers are correct. I think the reality is that any Neo you get from Japan may well be the same as any other engine that has spent too many years in Japan. That being the problem of low to zero maintenance and oil changes, etc etc. So any Neo you get from Japan should be considered to be sufficiently risky to warrant planning to pull it apart and rebuild it anyway. That's a significant extra $3.5k impost on top of doing the same to your S2 engine, and the question has to be asked, would you rather have the (somewhat small) betterness of the Neo for $3.5k, or would you rather spend up to $3.5k on even better betternesses for the S2? New ECU? Better triggering? Better oil pump, sump, cam covers, etc?
    • Hi guys, I have a ECR33 97 model. Engine has a cracked ring land. Would it better to rebuild the series 2, or buy a second hand AWD 25det Neo from Japan from ~$3500 tidy it up a bit with new seals and so forth and use that?  I'm leaning more towards the NEO option but understandably they're very old engines too now, so could be just buying problems. Cheers.