SAU Community

Pictures Of Your Engines / Engine Bays

HIRISK

RB is supposed to be race bred, numbers denote the displacement, d is dual overhead cam, e is electronic fuel injected, and the t/tt is presence of turbo or twin turbo. At least I'm pretty sure that's it.

RB is supposed to be race bred, numbers denote the displacement, d is dual overhead cam, e is electronic fuel injected, and the t/tt is presence of turbo or twin turbo. At least I'm pretty sure that's it.

That "RB" thing is an internet myth. Almost like calling an SR "super rocket", "super race" or something.

Considering the RB20 was the first of the RB's, I wouldn't call that "Race Bred".

Phonetically, aren't our grandkids going to be farked up learning that...

A stands for apple but

B stands for gasoline using cast iron...

yaddayadda ..... and....

R stands for nissan in line 6????????

:P

... not to mention the missus is going to flame me by sayin', "What the hell are you teaching that kid???"

• Like 2

Phonetically, aren't our grandkids going to be farked up learning that...

A stands for apple but

B stands for gasoline using cast iron...

yaddayadda ..... and....

R stands for nissan in line 6????????

:P

... not to mention the missus is going to flame me by sayin', "What the hell are you teaching that kid???"

They are already doomed with their fancy beedy eyed robots, 3d printers and levitating hats... "Back in my day" "shut up grandad, why don't ya warm the globe more" they'll say.

They are already doomed with their fancy beedy eyed robots, 3d printers and levitating hats... "Back in my day" "shut up grandad, why don't ya warm the globe more" they'll say.

Yeah, well, at least with those, they don't have to ask (on a car trip), "Are we there yet?"

hehe...

After a bit of google looking R is a nissan inline 6 cylinder engine and the B is gasoline using cast iron/nickle based block, apparently? and S is 4cyl

I think RB etc are just the engine family. If R was inline 6 then it doesn't make any sense for an SR to be named as it is, same goes for B being gasoline/cast iron/nickle block then what is a CA? They probably stem from some internal codenames used for engine development.

I think RB etc are just the engine family. If R was inline 6 then it doesn't make any sense for an SR to be named as it is, same goes for B being gasoline/cast iron/nickle block then what is a CA? They probably stem from some internal codenames used for engine development.

Yea true, I retract my comment.

the R in SR could be aluminium block, hence VR38DETT???