SAU Community

Eastern Creek South - Oct14 (Hsv Club Invitation)

Pezhead

Hey folks, here's a cool opportunity. I've been contacted by the HSV club about their up-coming Eastern Creek day and they've extended an invitation for our club to come "Invade" their event.

Brett in their club actually drives a Skyline so you'd be in good company. He also says there is a good mix of cars that come out for these days.

The details are at their website: http://www.hsvclubnsw.com/?p=256

So why not get out and enjoy a friendly club environment that's at a premier racing complex! All members representing SAU are reminded to observe the rules & regs and to demonstrate good SAU code of conduct.

*THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL SAU EVENT

good on them :) for a long time the HSV/WRX days had been a closed, members only thing, great to see them inviting other clubs.

I reckon anyone interested in trying the new Eastern Creek should get along to this day, it is a damn expensive place to hire so opportunities don't come up often....and to me, supporting a club rather than a for-profit business is the way to go :)

Unfortunately when they upgraded Eastern Creek that was the design to have three track layouts North, South & GP. So now getting in on the GP is even tougher and still very expensive.

We're going to try to do more stuff with HSV and possibly other clubs so that we get the motorsport enthusiasts even more opportunities.

Of course it's not the full track. Eastern Creek was redeveloped for the express purpose of hiring both halves out seperately to make more money. Very few club, race or commercial events will make the whole track available - when Oran Park had this setup about 10% of their days were full track.

This day is only $190. Assuming the full track is around $25k to hire for the day they would need over 130 entrants to cover their costs at that price. Hiring just half the track make good sense for a club, and I hope they fill it.

Alternatively, you could pay about $130, or around the same for a day a MDTC or Wakefield - but you need to spend another $100 in fuel to get there and back

Hey guys, that's all good feedback but I don't see anyone actually saying they are going to enter. This is the new short track that should be a lot of fun. We have members from NSCC entering so you will be in good company.

We still have spots available so why not come along? I drive a quick HR31 but it is off the road ATM waitng for a new RB30/25 I am building.

I run all the HSV days and I have actually posted invites up here before with no takers unfortuantley. You guys are always welcome.

Let me know if you want to enter and go to the link: http://www.hsvclubnsw.com/?p=256 for all the details, regs, entry form and on-line payment.

Brett

good to see you thinking of us.

bit to late notice, plus i got nationals next month, would love to get to the creek though for that price! :(

would be good to have club vs club designated competitions etc. doesnt seem to be much interest in track days with other import clubs (or so im told from my honda and wrx friends)

would be good to have club vs club designated competitions etc. doesnt seem to be much interest in track days with other import clubs (or so im told from my honda and wrx friends)

SSCC, HSV, WRX, AROCA, NSCC are usually always well represented at these events, I would be going but Im spending the next month trying to work out how to make my car go fast in a straight line.

Sorry guys the day is now full - got 14 entries since Monday. You need to move quickly with these days.

Maybe come out for a look as lots of Skylines entered with one very quick R32 (WP 1.02) and lots of nice sounding HSV's. If so, come and say Hi. I am Clerk of Course for the day.

Next one will be a Wakey next April on a Monday. I'll keep you posted.

Brett