SAU Community

Tokyo Motorsport

fletch63

$1700 for a tune? Under the assumption it would already have a base map that is a joke, even if it was a unique setup with motor, vehicle and fuel it still would be costly, especially for a generic car that most workshops tune all the time with standard upgrade mods. $350-$500 would be a ball park figure for tune which is a few hours labour. We don't know the extend of your tune or exisiting possible problems of the vehicle but that is 8-9 hours labour on the dyno, would have required to go refill at BP lol

Edited by monga

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$1700 for a tune? Under the assumption it would already have a base map that is a joke, even if it was a unique setup with motor, vehicle and fuel it still would be costly, especially for a generic car that most workshops tune all the time with standard upgrade mods. $350-$500 would be a ball park figure for tune which is a few hours labour. We don't know the extend of your tune or exisiting possible problems of the vehicle but that is 8-9 hours labour on the dyno, would have required to go refill at BP lol

I've had two friends who have being in the scene for several years use there services for a tune with a pretty average financial experience. PM for details.

The joke is how people can make comments on this forum through this thread but not get blasted/deleted it seems because they are SAUWA SPONSORS,

The expert key board warriors who have no knowledge or proper business experience need to keep there stupid comments to them self.

sanke-oil-salesman.jpg

There's your issue. Ditch the O2 sensor and lean out the cruise mixtures.

When you say 'ditch' do you mean turn off O2 feedback or get rid of it completely?

I get around 9L/100 with O2 feedback turned on.

Now I dunno what to think...

I think i just need a partial and light throttle retune really. Maybe try running it with O2 turned off for a while and see if it makes a difference.

When you say 'ditch' do you mean turn off O2 feedback or get rid of it completely?

I think i just need a partial and light throttle retune really. Maybe try running it with O2 turned off for a while and see if it makes a difference.

If you turn feedback off, that's essentially the same as deleting it. No need to actually ditch the sensor, I just did because I got a wideband O2.

Sorry mate, fired the car up today after it being off the road for the last week and O2 feedback is turned off. Prob explains my good economy

The joke is how people can make comments on this forum through this thread but not get blasted/deleted it seems because they are SAUWA SPONSORS,

The expert key board warriors who have no knowledge or proper business experience need to keep there stupid comments to them self.

What did Clint say that deserved moderation? $1700 for a standard retune is a joke, pure and simple. Clint did say 'under the assumption' that the OP of that comment was charged $1700 for a standard retune. If there was other work done then it's understandable, but given we were talking about the price of a retune then it's not 'stupid' that near on 2k is laughable.

Sorry mate, fired the car up today after it being off the road for the last week and O2 feedback is turned off. Prob explains my good economy

:yes:

Edited by Hanaldo

If you turn feedback off, that's essentially the same as deleting it. No need to actually ditch the sensor, I just did because I got a wideband O2.

Hey Hanaldo, are you running your wideband in the stock o2 sensor location in the dump pipe?

Maybe I will dump the standard sensor too and just run my wideband there. The only problem is I have heard you should run it 36 inches back from the turbo or they die in no time.

Yeh I'm not, I got the bung in the stock position welded up and had a new one welded on just before the cat. Mine is already dead though, only lasted maybe 1000-2000km's. Not sure if having it in the stock position for the first 300 or so km's had anything to do with it, but it reads way out.

just to clarify what Lachy said... my car was tuned by GTI performance but I have some mech work done by TMS, which I was happy with..that was a while ago..

do all my own work now, except for tuning which I wish I could do also ( read what you want into that )

on the milage thing...I don't even get 300 to a tank :no:

just to clarify what Lachy said... my car was tuned by GTI performance but I have some mech work done by TMS, which I was happy with..that was a while ago..

do all my own work now, except for tuning which I wish I could do also ( read what you want into that )

on the milage thing...I don't even get 300 to a tank :no:

Ah well, I was pretty close :P

nah, after smashing 2 gearboxes in 1 weekend (Collie) I decided to step away from motorsport til I get my good gearbox fixed..

oddly enough I'm considering doing the drags tonight if its not rained out.. so if the box lasts that, maybe I will do McRae. :no:

I'll come down eitherway

nah, after smashing 2 gearboxes in 1 weekend (Collie) I decided to step away from motorsport til I get my good gearbox fixed..

oddly enough I'm considering doing the drags tonight if its not rained out.. so if the box lasts that, maybe I will do McRae. :no:

I'll come down eitherway

Are the drags on?

Maybe I should stop drinking and come up